A beefy small forward? Or stay in the post? (D2) Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=3259762
4/21/2016 4:16 PM
I'd keep him at the 4 - putting him there takes advantage of his rebounding better. Plus he's your best shot-blocker by a wide margin.
4/21/2016 4:33 PM
I agree with bhansalid00, but if you think you have another good option at the 4, Field is definitely good enough to play the 3.
4/21/2016 4:38 PM
It's always nice to have players with that kind of flexibility, but in this case I see this guy as much more of a 4. Basically, I'm trying to see where he offers substantial value at the 3, and it's really only on defense and rebounding, and rebounding is of much more marginal important at that position. I think you're at least as well-off with a guard-type guy at the 3, or a jack-of-all-trades high OVR but great at nothing type. At the 4 he definitely feels well above average in spite of his lack of offensive contributions. If you needed him at the 3, sure, he'd be fine. But given your returning roster, I'd certainly plan to give Jenkins and Zuro the big minutes at the 3. You've only got 2 other guys who can rebound, you need the post player far more.
4/21/2016 5:14 PM
I am recruiting for more rebounding as well. i like trying to think of nontraditional placements for players and kick the tires so to speak.
4/21/2016 5:34 PM
I do that too. I just don't see it being the right spot to do it here. I assumed you were recruiting posts, since you obviously need them, but even so I think you need Field in a post position. At least so long as you aren't recruiting 2 and planning to redshirt neither. Frankly, I'm not a fan of Ricketts - he's an above-average defender, but not elite, he can't rebound, and he can't score. If he's barely in double-digit minutes, or not at all, it would not be a bad thing. Last year's 13.6 should probably be an absolute hard ceiling.
4/21/2016 6:41 PM
keep him in the post, I don't think his bh is high enough to be more effective as a 3.
4/21/2016 6:44 PM
Best in 4 cuz of his BH and Pass. If you have a bad 3 and 2 other good bigs, i could see moving him around.

This is where this sim confuses me sometimes. This dude, Is a FREAK athlete, maybe the fastest PF I've seen (that can legitimately play there), with very very good defense and blocking. So he's strong to stay in positoin, fast enough to get anywhere before the offesne player, knows where to be defensively, and has great timing. HE SHOULD BE GETTING 3 SWATS A GAME. Easily 2.5. But it's a pedestrian 1 block a game that you can get out of any throw them out there decent big.
4/22/2016 11:24 AM
Press cares the least of the defenses about shot blocking and produces the fewest blocks. Playing zone he'd probably be closer to 1.5. But I don't think speed matters much, if at all, in the block equation.
4/22/2016 3:41 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/22/2016 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Press cares the least of the defenses about shot blocking and produces the fewest blocks. Playing zone he'd probably be closer to 1.5. But I don't think speed matters much, if at all, in the block equation.
this (not saying its right from a real life perspective, but its a good explanation of how it works in HD)
4/22/2016 4:21 PM
A beefy small forward? Or stay in the post? (D2) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.