Imagination or Reality Topic

Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):
...and why would they? Why would that happen? Do the developers and programmers want sims to beat humans in the CT? If there's an incentive to have that, I don't see it. Perhaps it's a failure of my imagination.
All failures, in some sense, are failures of the imagination.

...though for the moment, yours still seems unmolested...for the moment.
4/28/2016 12:25 PM
Yet another part of the equation: quite often a good number of game have gone by since the last time you payer the si team and they are often improving in that time. So it's not really neccisarily the exact same team you are playing.
4/28/2016 12:55 PM
Remove your tin foil hats people
4/28/2016 12:55 PM
And did I see a five point win in one game to a six point loss in another being listed as a ridiculous swing?
4/28/2016 12:58 PM
I put more effort into gameplanning for the tournament. Maybe the Sim AI does too?
4/28/2016 1:00 PM
Sometimes people defeat themselves with their extra effort in the ct.
4/28/2016 1:02 PM
Or maybe the SIMS's ratings and IQ go up during the season? I don't think I have ever lost to a SIM in the CT unless I was early in a rebuild.
4/28/2016 1:02 PM
I said that it was a regular pattern in my earlier post, but I wasn't sure, so I posted the information I had in my archives. I may not have been right in my initial thoughts. Doesn't mean that anyone looking into this is wearing a tin foil hat. Jeesh, freakin chill.
4/28/2016 1:11 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/28/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Or maybe the SIMS's ratings and IQ go up during the season? I don't think I have ever lost to a SIM in the CT unless I was early in a rebuild.
ahhh ****, you keep that sass up with the boards and somebody is gonna come put you in your place.
4/28/2016 1:35 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 4/28/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):
I said that it was a regular pattern in my earlier post, but I wasn't sure, so I posted the information I had in my archives. I may not have been right in my initial thoughts. Doesn't mean that anyone looking into this is wearing a tin foil hat. Jeesh, freakin chill.
All good, man. Some folks (like me) get touchy about stuff like this. Like, that the man behind the curtain is messing around with outcomes.

I'm not immune! I believe the "rubber band" is too tight - that, in some ways, the sim overcorrects for first-half flukes in the second half of games. I'm probably a doofus, and I know I'm relying on BS anecdotal evidence, but there it is. Anyway, you're less lazy than I am. I just whine at my monitor about my pet peeve. You posted data without worrying if it fit your preconceived notion. That's laudable.
4/28/2016 1:40 PM
Ha, I'm the same way. No worries llama!
4/28/2016 1:54 PM
someone posted this years back and i thought it was funny, so occasionally i go in and change the game results to have sims win their CTs just for fun
4/28/2016 2:14 PM
First off, I wanted to point out that I have never had an issue losing to a SIM team.

I thought something was "way off" against our game vs High Point. We had a 14 point lead with 8 minutes left and they proceeded to go on a 28-6 run. We had defeated them in both meetings during the season by a 6-8 pt margin. We also had a decent stamina advantage for the most part, they made that run when mostly tired or close to tired.

The fact that we had mostly freshman and sophomores, high potential in most areas, that we should've improved at a higher rate from the times we played them during the regular season until the conference tournament.

It wasn't the SIM beating us or the 28-6 run, but it was the events during the 28-6 run that seemed a bit suspect.

Another human coached team in our conference that defeated High Point by 3 points on the road, lost to them by 7 on a neutral court in the conference tourney.

And then to top it off, this team almost knocked off 30-1 Florida last night.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13861

Is it possible that a team with very high IQ's in both offense and defense can make that much of a difference?

4/28/2016 2:25 PM
We're actually happy playing in the PIT, so I want to make it clear that this isn't a complain thread. It's mostly just pointing out things I'm observing.
4/28/2016 2:30 PM
I always get nervous when I draw a SIM in the NT. My Eckerd team in Phelan just squeaked out an OT win in the round of 32 over a SIM team. I'm also thinking that is more a narrative on my game management than it is on the SIM.
4/28/2016 4:09 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Imagination or Reality Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.