Moving jobs have players follow you Topic

Just an idea I was thinking of because I've recently made the jump to 3 Big 6 jobs and hopefully another in Wooden this off-season

Pretty much everything is stacked against you when taking over a new job. You have a schedule full of tough mid/non majors and some big 6 teams because they don't know how to schedule. Your talent sucks because you can never qualify for anything that hasn't been run down by a sim or yet built up by a human, so pretty much you have to take on a complete disaster of a school and try to rebuild it unless you get lucky and find yourself in a nice situation.

One idea I had been thinking was how great it would be for a few of my players to follow me, there is always 2-3 guys I'd really want to take with me and heck I'd be happy with one. I mean my school is going to go sim because no one qould qualify for a C+/B non major and if anyone did they'd be stupid to take it. You can easily just cut 1-2 spots for them. And it happens in real life too so it's not out of the question. It's not completely advantageous because you still have the IQ differences, of the 3 big 6 jobs I've taken I am not running or planning on running the same offense, and only 1 will be running the same defense in their first season as I switch to the press.

Just wanted to throw it out there, seeing how hard it's been recently moving to big 6 myself, I've aways left behind 2-3 mid end big 6 talent players on my previous jobs.

Thoughts?
5/3/2016 11:04 AM
I think the only way that this should work is if they change the transfer rules where they must sit out a transfer. I think they should change that anyway to be honest.
5/3/2016 12:51 PM
This was discussed ages ago, I believe.

I think it should be a factor...maybe for fairness the player woudn't by default follow the departing coach, but would process in recruiting as a transfer and would heavily favor (significantly more than the "favorite school FSS" option does) the team the coach left for?
5/3/2016 1:15 PM
I think the real fix should be that "higher"level jobs not be allowed to run down in the first place. That means fixing the job promotion logic to something that is...well..logical.
5/3/2016 1:31 PM
Posted by kmfloyd on 5/3/2016 1:31:00 PM (view original):
I think the real fix should be that "higher"level jobs not be allowed to run down in the first place. That means fixing the job promotion logic to something that is...well..logical.
i mean thats the obvious fix, but wis doesn't deserve much credit.

they think if their house is burning down it's a good idea to plant a garden in your front yard.

you're house may be on fire but that front yard sure looks good.
5/4/2016 12:40 AM
Posted by kmfloyd on 5/3/2016 1:31:00 PM (view original):
This is the real problem! I second this solution instead.
5/4/2016 4:50 AM
Moving jobs have players follow you Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.