Anyone been contacted for beta yet? Topic

I hope they don't start the beta test over Memorial Day weekend. That is family + outdoors time for me.
5/24/2016 2:20 PM
Posted by robinsmd on 5/24/2016 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Fingers crossed that today is the day.
I should've known better....
5/24/2016 9:55 PM
Posted by tgblackw on 5/24/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sportsguy001 on 5/24/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/23/2016 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Some veteran who was around for the last beta testing should be able to answer this question. How did beta testing work?
They made a mirror world of knight and went through everything at an accelerated rate.
How long did the beta last? It seems like the veterans around here feel that the previous update was rushed and did not roll out well.
If I remember right it was about a month. Seems like they simmed about 5 or 6 seasons. I had just started playing a little before that. I wanted to keep that team somehow - LOL. I personally didn't have any issues with the roll out, but I didn't have much history to base it on. Any time there are changes, there will be some that will be unhappy with it. I think it is a great idea to have so many people testing the new system so that they can get a lot of feedback. I am really excited about it. I think it will make recruiting much more realistic because I think it will make it harder or impossible to come in at the last cycle. I'm looking forward to it too because it will be a new challenge, and we all will start at the same level.
5/25/2016 12:09 AM
I hope they sim out more than 5 or 6 seasons that barely enough to rebuild a D1 program and just 1-2 seasons after rebuilding D2/D3.
5/25/2016 12:15 AM
Was it 5 games a day or something like that?
5/25/2016 7:11 AM
Still no sitemail
5/25/2016 7:12 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 5/25/2016 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Still no sitemail
Come on! I'm still waiting...
5/25/2016 8:00 AM
Still waiting....
5/25/2016 11:24 AM
the test world I was involved with was during the engine rewrite. The importance of that was the individual game play. Analyzing the boxscores a bit more rather than just looking at the total season averages. So games mattered, while in this test I'd imagine the games themselves don't really matter that much. It's more of verifying the recruiting process works as planned.

As others have mentioned, the previous test was pretty sporadic and many lost patience with the entire process. Might be a game or two simmed and then nothing for 3-4 days. Then an entire season would be simmed overnight.
5/25/2016 12:29 PM
If you could just send out beta invites by 1 PM est, that'd be great...
5/25/2016 12:34 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 5/25/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
the test world I was involved with was during the engine rewrite. The importance of that was the individual game play. Analyzing the boxscores a bit more rather than just looking at the total season averages. So games mattered, while in this test I'd imagine the games themselves don't really matter that much. It's more of verifying the recruiting process works as planned.

As others have mentioned, the previous test was pretty sporadic and many lost patience with the entire process. Might be a game or two simmed and then nothing for 3-4 days. Then an entire season would be simmed overnight.
I cant even remember why we had that beta world. I think it was just like you describe although I do not remember why or what it was for. It may have been after the pull down glitch was fixed.
5/25/2016 5:50 PM
Considering the whole point at least what I would find to be one of the most important factors to watch of this update is how Big 6 works as well as mid and non major D1. I would assume 10+ seasons would be needed at minimum to really see the impact has at D1 otherwise there isn't any point and you might as well just update the worlds right away and get it over with
5/25/2016 5:53 PM
Well there's no way this beta test will be 10 seasons, so you can forget that.

Last beta test (when potential was first rolled out iirc) was quite disjointed. As in there was one round of recruiting for the entire beta test. Then with those players and assembled teams there were like 4 or 5 full seasons played at random times. For instance, the first season like 3 games were played a night. Then bugs were determined and tweaked. But later on in beta testing, without any warning, a full regular season was simmed overnight. That happened a couple of times. It never went as far as postseason play or anything.

We'll see how this one goes.
5/25/2016 7:07 PM
Any year now... Memorial Day Weekend is a dangerous time to try to get anyone to spend lots of time on a game...
5/25/2016 11:11 PM
You all haven't ? I'm on season 20 of the beta.
5/25/2016 11:27 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
Anyone been contacted for beta yet? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.