What's the least amount of $ spent on a recruit Topic

I think you're referring to $110 being a start and a scholly. Wvufan is saying that a simple call and scholly might work under his circumstances
5/25/2016 11:20 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 5/25/2016 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I think you're referring to $110 being a start and a scholly. Wvufan is saying that a simple call and scholly might work under his circumstances
Ooh! My bad! That would make more sense then.
5/25/2016 12:55 PM
I did the $110 special. He is ineligible, but upset he isn't starting. As a result, he took a 30+ hit in Work Ethic.

Will that work ethic come back next year or do I just have to eat the decrease moving forward?
5/25/2016 4:19 PM
Posted by tmiglio on 5/25/2016 4:19:00 PM (view original):
I did the $110 special. He is ineligible, but upset he isn't starting. As a result, he took a 30+ hit in Work Ethic.

Will that work ethic come back next year or do I just have to eat the decrease moving forward?
He must have scored well enough on his tests to become eligible. If that happened then you would be expected to honor any guarantees that were made.

I assume you are not D3. At D3 there is no such thing as an ineligible.
5/25/2016 4:42 PM
Yeh tmiglio, he is eligible, he must've passed the exam late

Link to player
5/25/2016 5:01 PM
WOW, not sure how I missed that.....sheesh.

I'd be upset too :)

Hope it's not too late to get some starts in.
5/26/2016 8:49 AM
Okay, just to be clear ... is the usual $110 effort a scholly and a call or a scholly and a start? If it is a start, do you use 4-8 minutes instead of fatigue to plan playing time? And is this done usually in the last day of recruiting when the players are supposedly more desperate? Thanks.
5/27/2016 1:03 AM
It's scholly and start typically. You can do it first cycle. I don't think players get more desperate. It's not like last call at the bar where you'll take any old slam pig home.
5/27/2016 5:37 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 5/27/2016 1:03:00 AM (view original):
Okay, just to be clear ... is the usual $110 effort a scholly and a call or a scholly and a start? If it is a start, do you use 4-8 minutes instead of fatigue to plan playing time? And is this done usually in the last day of recruiting when the players are supposedly more desperate? Thanks.
Don't ruin your team's entire rotation by playing a starter that way. If you promise him a start then use him as a somewhat normal starter, or remove the start in recruiting with a redshirt/uninform.
5/27/2016 5:40 AM
Okay, thanks guys. I think I follow that.
5/28/2016 1:02 AM
I have never had a guy accept a start or minutes as his only thing offered besides a scholarship unless he has is a very low overall score player. jsajsa, dan are you saying you get guys considering you with a call (or minutes) and a scholly routinely. If so, are they what you would consider lower level guys?

5/28/2016 2:18 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 5/27/2016 1:03:00 AM (view original):
The most effective way for $110 to work is a start and a scholly. I've done it many times using 10 minutes and a scholly. I guess it works with a simple call and a scholly too, though not sure I've done it. I usually use it late in recruiting, probably to fill my last spot, but may have targeted some guys that might fit the $110 special role earlier in recruiting (lots of high potential, good WE, low overall). Maybe with A+ prestige you can go for it right away in recruiting. My typical scenario would be, though, to fill the last open spot to sign a guy from a state I didn't scout who already has good core values and hope he can improve some to be useful (taking a shot in the dark).

I'd only adjust the fatigue plan to get them out of there after 4-8 minutes if I had more than 1 guy that I guaranteed a start to and have decent expectations for the season or have a tough schedule.
5/28/2016 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 12
What's the least amount of $ spent on a recruit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.