The Beta -- a blog Topic

Posted by qb4usf on 6/6/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
The update its going to ruin D-3 and D-1 in my opinion. I thought about jumping up to Ohio State in one of my Worlds. but what is the point when I will get no benefit from being at a Big 6 school? At a C- in the new system it will be difficult to get out of there because Ohio, Dayton, Toledo, Miami (Ohio). Xavier, ect who have no business recruiting with Ohio State will be able to.

In D-3 I have a blast trying to recruit. It is not as easy to recruit nationally as Seble makes it out to be and it takes skill to find the gems. My recent rebuild has recruits from 12 different States (none from my own). because I was unable to battle the 11 other coaches for recruits. Recruiting with a budget big enough to scout your State and a few others is worthless, not only that, but you cant recruit long distance recruits anyway. This is going to destroy the fun of D-3. No longer will there be conferences with great coaches in it, it will be 1 maybe 2 coaches in each conference. My 2 favorite conferences have multiple elite coaches in them, but its difficult to be elite when there are 12 coaches in California with no other way to get out-of-state kids.

I have a lot more gripes about the game, but my opinions do not matter regardless.

I am not fond of what the update is going to do to the game. I do like the beta better than I expected, but it does not change the fact that D-3 will no longer be as competitive and with the parity in D-1 peoples ultimate goals will be worthless.
I said the same thing about long distance recruiting at D3. I'm worried that it's going to be very, very difficult. I know that was Seble's intention and he wanted to eliminate national recruiting at D3 since it's not realistic. But who cares if it is.
6/6/2016 2:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Why will Wisconsin, Green Bay have the same budget as Wisconsin? Why will any mid major have a budget near Kentucky? How can a coach that cant win double digit games in 5+ seasons keep his job? How can a mid major win a top recruit over a Big 6 school in a battle (unless possibly favorite team)? The idea that you should not be able to recruit nationally at D-3 because its not realistic is absurd and holds no weight.

D-3 recruiting is taking out all of the skill and turning it into luck. If you host a camp and not one good recruit attends, well at D-3 you're out of luck. I could have 0 worthy players come to my camp. but my conference mate may have 4. Now he has a major advantage on me. I may as well switch teams with a wasted recruiting class as it affects 2-3 seasons. Not only that, but if I am lucky and see the 4 worthy recruits, so do my conference mates and I am battling 5 schools for 4 players. While Nebraska and Arizona have guys sitting there waiting to be recruited but cant and they'll be wasted or sent to a sims team. D-3 recruiting is going to be a joke. I have a team in Washington and I am supposed to get my 12 recruits from where? Washington and Oregon solely? Good thing that conference is down to 2 coaches now otherwise we would be terrible teams fighting for terrible players.

On another note they need to fix the hiring process so Big 6 teams do not go to waste. As of right now my D-3 teams are 5-0 vs Big 6 schools (ND, Tenn, W.V.,USC and Prov) in exhibition games.
6/6/2016 5:25 PM (edited)
anyone have a guess about when the new game will launch? July? august?

I'm thinking about how to allocate my last few seasons and unused credits as I phase down and perhaps out
6/6/2016 5:48 PM
i broke recruiting on the first night of the beta.
6/6/2016 7:41 PM
Posted by bscoresby on 6/6/2016 7:41:00 PM (view original):
i broke recruiting on the first night of the beta.
+1
6/6/2016 8:00 PM
For those who worry that many will leave because of the new update, I'd like to present a counter argument. I think that if WIS contacts past coaches after the new release, those who obviously loved the game for at least a while, many of them might come back. I site mailed aejones a few weeks back mentioning the update, and he replied tonight and said he was going to check out the forums to see what is going on. Some of the best coaches left because they had pretty well mastered the game and got bored with it, and I can see a lot of them wanting to come back for a new challenge. I know one coach who quit because he was tired of getting poached at the 8 PM signing cycle, and that is not possible in the new engine, as far as I can tell. If those of us who love the game were to sitemail past coaches that we enjoyed playing against, we could end up with a nice increase in the number of players.
6/6/2016 11:15 PM
the number of coaches you bring back long term wouldn't come close to the coaches leaving or even fill the spots from people cutting teams just another pipe dream to find away to not accept this update being anything less than 95% perfect
6/7/2016 12:13 AM
So only, it's perfectly alright for you to slam and refuse to accept this update being anything but 95% crap? 'Remove the plank from your own eye before complaining about the mote in someone else's,'. You think the only opinion anyone has a right to hold on the update is yours?
6/7/2016 6:30 AM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 6/7/2016 6:30:00 AM (view original):
So only, it's perfectly alright for you to slam and refuse to accept this update being anything but 95% crap? 'Remove the plank from your own eye before complaining about the mote in someone else's,'. You think the only opinion anyone has a right to hold on the update is yours?
don't you have a chair to kick out from underneath your noose?
6/7/2016 11:26 AM
The only thing that the update will do is weed people out. While I do think maintaining multiple teams is going to be much more annoying. If you're a fan of this game, then you'll remain. If not, then it is what it is. I left hoops dynasty and the whole site for around a year and then slowly came back. Now I stick to hoops dynasty and the basketball sim. Again, I can't stress this enough, be grateful attention has been given to this. So many of the other sim games get nothing.
6/7/2016 11:38 AM
so you are saying if I leave I was never a fan of the game? that might be the biggest piece of baloney ever
6/7/2016 11:49 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 6/7/2016 11:38:00 AM (view original):
The only thing that the update will do is weed people out. While I do think maintaining multiple teams is going to be much more annoying. If you're a fan of this game, then you'll remain. If not, then it is what it is. I left hoops dynasty and the whole site for around a year and then slowly came back. Now I stick to hoops dynasty and the basketball sim. Again, I can't stress this enough, be grateful attention has been given to this. So many of the other sim games get nothing.
I was thinking about stepping from 2 teams to 1 after seeing the scouting system. That needs a lot of work. However, I do like the addition of attention pts and am optimistic about recruiting after a few cycles.
Your last two sentences don't really make sense. That's like if I get angry for getting a speeding ticket for going 4 mph over the limit on the highway and you say, "you should just be grateful that that cop didn't give you a ticket for going 2 mph over the limit like he's done to others." Improper attention is something people, especially us long time people, have ever right to get upset about even though some other games get less/no attention.
6/7/2016 11:50 AM
People in the basketball sim have been asking for tweaks for years. That is all I meant in that. There is an effort being made here, and constructive criticism is actually being valued.
6/7/2016 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...16 Next ▸
The Beta -- a blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.