This place is toxic.... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tannermcc on 6/14/2016 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Really embarrassing to come to the forums is see such vile negativity.

Does anymore remember the last beta at all? The first season of beta was COMICALLY bad. Every player reached their potential after one season and the overall talent level was ABSURDLY high. Like half of D1 prospects could max out most of their categories. It took multiple test seasons until they got even close to what it is today and even then once it was released it was still not great for a few months.

Personally I miss the old pre-potential HD where you could recruit a 99 we guy with 20 in everything and make him whatever you wanted him to be.Now its moreso finding the guy who will become what you want instead of being able to use practice to make them how you want. Each system is different and has their merits.

Is literally anything good after its first test?
I miss pre-potential as well.

There are some positive aspects to the beta update. However, there are more problems than solutions at this early stage.
6/14/2016 10:34 AM
my personal brand of negativity is much less about how well it functions and much more about whether its intended function (if done reasonably well) is useful

assume all the bugs and misplaced or badly implemented features are fixed

it still

a. doesnt fix whats broke
b. will demand a lot more effort to play

6/14/2016 11:56 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 6/14/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):
my personal brand of negativity is much less about how well it functions and much more about whether its intended function (if done reasonably well) is useful

it still

OMG!!! Such "Vile Negativity" amusing
6/14/2016 12:29 PM

it still

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +!!!!!!!
6/14/2016 12:32 PM
Posted by rednu on 6/14/2016 12:32:00 PM (view original):

it still

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +!!!!!!!
Yep.
6/14/2016 12:41 PM
This hit the nail on the head.
6/14/2016 12:56 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 6/14/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
yep - it sure appears that way. I will say one positive thing, it also appears seble is trying much harder to listen and fix things, so rather than complain, I'm trying to do my best to identify and even offer solutions to the fix. I don't think the second half of the recruiting is going near as well as the first, and if you don't happen to luck out and do well in the first round, you basically appeared screwed. EE coaches in other words - screwed.
6/14/2016 2:14 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 6/14/2016 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gvsujulius on 6/14/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
yep - it sure appears that way. I will say one positive thing, it also appears seble is trying much harder to listen and fix things, so rather than complain, I'm trying to do my best to identify and even offer solutions to the fix. I don't think the second half of the recruiting is going near as well as the first, and if you don't happen to luck out and do well in the first round, you basically appeared screwed. EE coaches in other words - screwed.
Thanks for the update OR. As far as the second half of recruiting and all that you just posted, this helps coaches how? Oh sure, it decimates the elite teams and gives mid-majors an unrealistic boost I suppose. It also makes Mully's thread about making it easier for mediocre coaches to succeed look a lot more relevant as well.
6/14/2016 2:34 PM

it still

I mean potential was supposed to fix the same things that still are broken and takes far more effort to play as well.

Potential was supposed to make it so midmajors could recruit projects and compete when they were seniors. Instead elite schools would get their studs for cheap and then get the projects for their bench when their studs went EE.

I'm all for negativity as long as it comes with suggestions on how to improve it. A lot of posts i scan through are like massive rants.

Also, everyone remember when potential was originally released into the actual worlds and the first season for like half the worlds had MASSIVE studs everywhere to the extent that anyone who had big classes that season dominated for 4 years.

Good times.
6/14/2016 2:55 PM
There Has been YEARS of ideas to improve this game...those ideas were ignored...this BETA is not going to solve them
6/14/2016 5:23 PM

it still

it is hard to argue with this one. although maybe it will make up for the awful recruit gen somehow magically, just by sheer volume of change. at least, i'm not confident enough to rule it out yet.

agree w/ tanner and OR though. constructive criticism is good, but i certainly would not categorize all of what is going on as constructive. my opinion is the update as it is today would kill HD, and im sure others feel that way, so maybe its appropriate in that sense to throw tantrums in hope seble backs out, but i think there is extremely little chance of that working. when seble announced this, there was quite an uproar, and that did nothing to dissuade him, at this point he's fully invested and i can't see him turning back. i don't agree the new system will be no skill though, i strongly suspect some coaches will find a way to win consistently.
6/14/2016 5:33 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/14/2016 5:27:00 PM (view original):

it still

it is hard to argue with this one. although maybe it will make up for the awful recruit gen somehow magically, just by sheer volume of change. at least, i'm not confident enough to rule it out yet.
perhaps less players will help
6/14/2016 5:29 PM
there is really only one person who has been "toxic"(me) everyone else is just venting their legitimate complaints about the bad job seble is doing...
6/14/2016 6:14 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/14/2016 6:14:00 PM (view original):
there is really only one person who has been "toxic"(me) everyone else is just venting their legitimate complaints about the bad job seble is doing...
then it seems the biggest impact you are having is to over-saturate the audience with negativity and make it so the legitimately negative are received more poorly...

I know why you are frustrated, believe me, and you've no obligation to try to be at all productive if you so choose, just be aware...
6/14/2016 6:33 PM
1234 Next ▸
This place is toxic.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.