For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Poncho, There is a more productive way to vent, rather than vent here and change opinions of the game. Let them form their own opinions. I am only saying that we need productive feedback to Seble, even negative. I think rants are too much at this point when the beta started literally about a week or so ago. A lot of the negative and positive attitudes are moot at this point.

Yes I am positive about the BETA, do I think it is going to fix all the problems absolutely not. But I am being productive with that and giving the feedback to Seble rather than ranting negativity around the forums for everyone else to see and hear and form an opinion prior to the release.

Negativity is a terrible thing and is a big reason why people leave games. If the community is not helpful and positive then why do people stay. I literally am not good at this game at all, I stay for the people like Dac, Chapelhillne and others. People that are negative just make this game a cesspool of unfortunate souls who know nothing but sticking it to the man. There are times and ways to stick it to the man. The way some people have been doing it is inherently wrong and disrespectful.

Thus venting here is still the WRONG absolute WRONG way to get anyone's point across.
6/14/2016 7:02 PM
gosh "People that are negative just make this game a cesspool of unfortunate souls who know nothing but sticking it to the man" now...I need a SAFE ZONE!!

sweet pea......I tend to call a Bad idea a Bad idea. You can channel your unicorns all you want...
6/14/2016 7:06 PM
I do think its legit to answer a question from a non beta user with an honest opinion, even if that's a negative one, but beyond that, other negative stuff, especially if it directly relates to new mechanics that are in flux, probably is more useful in the beta forum - those that can't participate can't possibly be expected to keep up with the changes happening - hell, some of the (beta) posters that I am reading who have been posting in the last hour are not up to date on changes seble has already said he is implementing next...
6/14/2016 7:09 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/14/2016 7:09:00 PM (view original):
I do think its legit to answer a question from a non beta user with an honest opinion, even if that's a negative one, but beyond that, other negative stuff, especially if it directly relates to new mechanics that are in flux, probably is more useful in the beta forum - those that can't participate can't possibly be expected to keep up with the changes happening - hell, some of the (beta) posters that I am reading who have been posting in the last hour are not up to date on changes seble has already said he is implementing next...
true...the changes in mid stream are needed I suppose..but leave me at least saying, ok what exactly is this game? since there are very few posts from WIS saying this will effect this or that. It is clueless game now and they answer that makes it more fun with random rules......not
6/14/2016 7:17 PM
Posted by obituaryconc on 6/14/2016 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Poncho, There is a more productive way to vent, rather than vent here and change opinions of the game. Let them form their own opinions. I am only saying that we need productive feedback to Seble, even negative. I think rants are too much at this point when the beta started literally about a week or so ago. A lot of the negative and positive attitudes are moot at this point.

Yes I am positive about the BETA, do I think it is going to fix all the problems absolutely not. But I am being productive with that and giving the feedback to Seble rather than ranting negativity around the forums for everyone else to see and hear and form an opinion prior to the release.

Negativity is a terrible thing and is a big reason why people leave games. If the community is not helpful and positive then why do people stay. I literally am not good at this game at all, I stay for the people like Dac, Chapelhillne and others. People that are negative just make this game a cesspool of unfortunate souls who know nothing but sticking it to the man. There are times and ways to stick it to the man. The way some people have been doing it is inherently wrong and disrespectful.

Thus venting here is still the WRONG absolute WRONG way to get anyone's point across.
The best part about these posts is I remember a day when these forums were a great place to come for information and help. It didn't start to become as negative as it is now until some time after potential came out. If you think this is bad, wait until this baby rolls out. The problem is not that there is more negativity, the problem is going to be when all the people who were helpful and full of knowledge are unhappy and just quit, these boards will become a ghost town after people start to figure the game out and the unhappy people leave. Right now is the most activity I've seen on these forums in years. The negative posters have valid points, and not everyone is venting. There might be 4-5 people actually venting. Most everyone else have actually been pretty reasonable in their assessment of the beta and their opinions moving forward. A lot of those guys, even with negative opinions are the most knowledgeable about this game and many are addressing both the negative and the positives of the beta. Let's not act like a lot of the negative posters have not contributed in the beta already. I've been critical of this beta and yet I've still posted bugs out in the beta forums.

By telling people to not give their negative opinions is almost in line with what got us here in the first place. The negative opinions have gone virtually ignored for years causing the most loyal customers to leave. These negative opinions are in an effort to help/vent/provide feedback, but I guess we'll all just stay positive and tell Seble how much we love it until he rolls it out and 30% of the population leaves and he doesn't know why.
6/14/2016 7:39 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/14/2016 5:19:00 PM (view original):
you have Zero clue on how this game will be...yet claim others that have been customers longer are clueless. The #17 Div 1 PF recruit in the country signed with a div 3 with a simple scholarship and a VERY few letter-call AP now. That is insane in real life or Sim Life.

Seble may and probably will fix some of these problems...but He and WIS Ignored problems for years and suddenly this is a fix instead of working on a system that worked with a few problems

I have ZERO faith the new system and problems will be FIXED.......WIS has shown that indifference for years and I see no change nor do I see the previous problems solved other than glossed over with color and more problems created
Since the top 100 recruits are public knowledge to everybody, I must ask! If it is a fact that the #17 recruit went to a D3 school with minimal effort and no attention points then HE MUST BE AWFUL!!!

If he was so great, why, TELL ME WHY no D1 Coach recruited him. You are not going to tell me that ANY OF YOU put 400 attention points and 7 HV and a CV and he still went to a "friggen" D3 School who only put forth a minimal effort.

Instead of whining and being part of the problem, and you can honestly tell me you put all that effort in to recruit the #17 kid in the nation, then that my friends is a serious BUG that needs to be reported, and not sit on your rump and complain! I can only read the same complaints so often, and I will tell you all the same thing my favorite supervisor once told me.

Complaining without stating proof and reporting facts is only "belly aching". And "Belly Aching" only will defeat you and not the problems!
6/14/2016 8:17 PM
Posted by obituaryconc on 6/14/2016 6:01:00 PM (view original):
I still love the negative feedback. I have yet to see a single positive feedback from taniajane, or jsajsa. To be honest this is not the place to just vent out your frustrations for an incomplete update. I totally understand that you are allowed to vent etc....however venting here is not productive. It is changing views of those yet to see the beta. That is what is so frustrating about all of the negative feedback and actions of users. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE END GAME WILL BE LIKE AFTER BETA. So to be honest and frank keep your mouths shut until such a time that venting is useful. Specifically on these forums which is not meant to be a place to vent out frustrations on something most people here have yet to see.

Personally I think that they are being very generous allowing you to vent about the beta. Any other organization would have repercussions for those types of actions. Look at the big name games that come out every year, COD for example. Reviewed can only come our after it is released. Is this game released yet? Not even close so to be honest again I might be new to this game and the forums compared to your old geysers and hate change.

I will reiterate THEY ARE LETTING YOU HAVE INPUT, what other organization would allow that......slim and NONE. So keep your trash talk to yourselves until the game gets released and your concerns are justified. At this point you have no justification to back up your words. I only hear nag nag nag nag nag. Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine. You never saw me whine to have the game changed, no I am not a great coach, yes I made it to DI on my own and came to this game later than you, but I never once asked for a change, but I am open to it and think it actually could make the game better in the long run without you all ruining the process. Let the process roll its course, take all the concerns you have now and keep them to yourself. Then once the game is released if you have not voiced them to Seble that is your fault. Do not voice them to everyone who knows nothing about the beta, has not seen the beta and are not participating. That is counter productive. It is almost as if you do not want anyone left in this game after the update. Which to me shows that you care more about yourself and your ELITE team to give a crap about the other coaches.

Dac I will say I am not talking to you with this, we have had a great rivalry and I understand what you are saying and you are not completely negative. It is good to have thoughts and communicate those thoughts as you do constructively.

Final remarks:

I just feel that keeping it to yourself and to the BETA forums is better use of your time and frankly energy. You are just making yourselves look like trash.
I could not have said this better!

6/14/2016 8:20 PM
Instead of whining and being part of the problem, and you can honestly tell me you put all that effort in to recruit the #17 kid in the nation, then that my friends is a serious BUG that needs to be reported, and not sit on your rump and complain! I can only read the same complaints so often, and I will tell you all the same thing my favorite supervisor once told me.

I assume you, and maybe correctly, think these complaints are not noted? Do you want really a site mail to Seble for someone's Perceived problems no matter how real they are to any normal person?
6/14/2016 8:32 PM
Couple of things: (from a low Div-1 owner)

1. I don't see the Beta taking much more time at all in recruiting.

Gameslots:
#1 through #26 you scout.
#20 thru #26 you recruit.
#24 thru #26 you can sign.
I usually scout and browse all season anyway.
This allows an earlier recruiting period.
I just don't see a huge deal here.

Also, according to new information in the Beta forum, recruiting periods will now most likely be 6 hours, including at least 6 hours for the initial recruiting window.

2. Regarding the D1 player going to D-3... it happened probably because at the time, many of us could barely navigate around the new layout. I'm kinda slow, and i didn't once check the Top 100 list until after that guy signed. I could barely find my Target List last week. Now, after a week of manuevering around, things are much more familiar.
6/14/2016 9:19 PM (edited)
Time is about the same, it could be reduced. What Obituary meant was : give solutions, try your best to make sure that BETA is not a nightmare.

So far :

Scouting needs some adjustments, it could be allright really fast.
Recruiting does not work, two sessions do not work, getting a strategy with all these players signing, not signing seem really tough. This is where Seble needs to work.
Is there enough recruits at D1 or scouting fails to let us discover the right targets for our level? I haven't seen talent since I lost a late signee... in the second period of recruiting.

The rest is about the same, adjustments to be made but other than that, it's the same game.
6/14/2016 9:33 PM
"It is a new way to recruit, and to be honest much more realistic."

Shall I list 25 other things about this game that would make it worse if WIS tried to make it more realistic???
6/14/2016 9:39 PM
Posted by mullycj on 6/14/2016 9:39:00 PM (view original):
"It is a new way to recruit, and to be honest much more realistic."

Shall I list 25 other things about this game that would make it worse if WIS tried to make it more realistic???
I'm starting to cringe everytime I hear "in real life"
6/14/2016 9:56 PM
Posted by obituaryconc on 6/14/2016 7:02:00 PM (view original):

Dude get off your high horse! If people want to vent on the forums then they have that right. If you only want to say positive things you have that right also. The bottom line is this game had a few issues that has needed fixed for awhile now and those issues have been communicated many times to Seble but instead of getting those issues fixed the game and all the people playing it was ignored for months at a time. I'm glad you have so much confidence in someone that time and time again failed to do anything. like I said in another forum post This update may be the greatest thing to ever happen to the game and I still don't like that it's being done! Customer service that has a clue and hiring logic should have been fixed a year or two ago and it was ignored. Seble or whoever is in charge is as useless as Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's Nut sack! Now let the moral police tell me how wrong I am because I stated an opinion in a disrespectful way!
6/14/2016 10:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/14/2016 10:55:00 PM (view original):
woah you're dangerously close to assuming my gender, I'm going to report you to the PC police!!!!

Long story:
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ******* retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. So thank you for you're future awareness.
i think we should just combine he/she/it into a simple combination, so we can refer to everyone as a single gender and be done with it all. i propose reordering to she/he/it and dropping the middle characters, and just referring to everyone as a ****. re-label all bathrooms as being appropriate for all *****, and let's call it a day.
6/14/2016 11:41 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.