RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Posted by taniajane on 7/5/2016 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/5/2016 2:44:00 PM (view original):
I dropped a d3 team too.
I dont know why you did that Joe,,,you claim that the Beta is equal or less time consuming?
If you care, I actually add and drop teams reasonably frequently. I will try something out and then when I am done I am done.

When the new edition comes out I will probably just have my base 3-4 teams. I will learn the ropes with them, although if a world opens up first where I don't have a team I am sure I will join that one.
7/5/2016 5:30 PM
um ok
7/5/2016 5:42 PM
325(!!!) openings in Tark? Is Tark D3 just that bad, or have people been leaving there too?

Naismith looks to be the only one left that won't open to 300+ openings next rollover. Allen might just barely stay under that.

:(
7/7/2016 9:09 AM
Tark D3 has been barren recently I know last season there was maybe 60-70 coaches, now there is 59?
7/7/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/7/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Tark D3 has been barren recently I know last season there was maybe 60-70 coaches, now there is 59?
For those of you not familiar with the total numbers of schools, 59 human coaches in D3 Tark means that even if EVERY SINGLE HUMAN COACH got an NT bid, there would still be 5 Sim teams in that tournament and the entire PIT would be comprised of Sim teams. So for those of you who like to be snarky with your "sky is falling" comments, what about this? That is absolutely pitiful and although Tark is where I had my first ever D2 team and incidentally am STILL there, where I running the show, Tark, Knight, and Phelan coaches would all be getting messages informing them that consolidating the worlds was going to happen in the VERY near future and to be prepared for when it does.

59 coaches? Seriously? And they are rolling out an update right now? Which WILL cause more coaches to leave and the worlds to get even MORE barren. What in the hell are our admins thinking? 59 coaches! That's an average of less than TWO HUMAN COACHES in each conference in D3!

How in the world can anybody actually stand here and justify and encourage the update? We're already losing coaches and as what was said above, many coaches are still in the process of burning off credits (myself included). Have all the fun while you can people, the game is on it's very last legs and when the update rolls out, that will be the death blow. If only we would have had site staff that actually cared about the game, listened to their customers, and knew what they were doing, the game could have not only survived it could have thrived. Too late now. And that is NOT the sky is falling, folks the sky has already fallen.
7/7/2016 12:26 PM (edited)
but this update will increase user retention!!!

we just need to let D3 coaches get D1 recruits so new coaches get beat down right away and our non existent marketing plans to bring in new coaches!
7/7/2016 12:10 PM
Gill and I have exchanged a few sitemails recently and anyone that knows our history knows that we don't send each other Christmas cards each year. But we at least respect each others views on the game and respect each others accomplishments as coaches although his far, far surpass mine. To give you guys an idea of just how great of an HD coach he is, I have 21 National Titles combined over 3 ID's. Two main ones and a third that I very rarely use anymore and I personally don't even consider myself anywhere near his talent at this game. Not like same zip code, I mean whole different states apart. All that is a little background to let you know how talented Gill is at the game. He has also offered Seble NUMEROUS solutions to problems, numerous pieces of advice, answers to this, that, and the other and has (for the most part, not totally, but for the most part) simply been ignored. Oh sure, there was an open dialogue at the beginning but as this thing drags on and as more and more problems arise and/or are pointed out, the dialogue has become increasingly one way, from customer to staff, and the staff seems to have plugged their ears. Bad idea.

Anyway, what's a little scary about our sitemails is that we both agree on nearly every point being made and most of those concern the state of the game and how much longer it's got until it ceases to exist. Consensus is that it won't be long until the game cannot support the amount of coaches leaving the game and without a massive influx of new coaches (who actually STAY) Hoops Dynasty is doomed. There are simply too many coaches leaving and not enough coming in. It's really as simple as that. And what ****** me off (and I think I can speak for Gill as well on this point) is why Seble won't admit that there is a HUGE problem with coach attrition/retention and even more so, why he seems to think that "crossing his fingers and hoping" is the appropriate answer or strategy to resolve that problem.

As has been said ad nauseum, what we NEED is an idea to bring in and KEEP new coaches, not a waste of time update that no one was even clamoring for. This new update is a total waste of time, money, and manpower that would have been best served by putting into effect some kind of major advertising push to bring in the new coaches that this game DESPERATELY needs!! Not some "out of the blue" update that radically changes the part of the game that most people seem to enjoy the best.

The timing of this turd could not have been worse. The area of the game being changed was one of the few that most people seemed to really enjoy. The problems that coaches have been asking and mentioning about for years are still being disregarded with this useless update. For an outside observer, it would almost appear that the people in charge were doing everything they could to actively drive people away and out of the game. The fact that anyone who disagrees with this has been labelled a "hater" by the staff in charge shows nothing but non-professionalism on their part.

In fact, the whole debacle of an update simply reeks of being totally out of touch with the paying customers.
7/7/2016 12:30 PM (edited)
so you're saying if you have no plans to bring in new coaches except crossing your fingers and a bunch of prayer maybe you should focus on making your loyal customer base happier instead of ******* them off to the point your already low populations will get lower?
7/7/2016 12:34 PM
I agree with both emy and gill. The writing is on the wall and those that state that simple fact are viewed by a few customers and Seble himself as a detriment to their idea of inventing a new ( not better ) game. I have made my Opinion on this matter clear and have received an email from Seble to my personal, non WIS email account, warning me to cease the "unconstructive criticism". Fine.....I have no intention of playing the new system.
7/7/2016 12:43 PM
Awww, seble is sensitive. Be nice to him.

Clearly his years of inactivity have earned it.
7/7/2016 1:26 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/7/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Awww, seble is sensitive. Be nice to him.

Clearly his years of inactivity have earned it.
It's all just backlash.
Background noise, even.
7/7/2016 5:04 PM
thanks for the kind words emy. anyway, to your point about seble wishing/hoping... one thing that really put me off, i sent him a ticket about 10 days after the update, because i had made a point to stay away from the early conversation, and he basically went away by the time i had the chance to think through what consequences his changes might have. anyway, somewhere in there i was trying to establish a pattern, so he could try to avoid that pattern, about fatal flaws in major updates that hurt the HD population and turned sentiment very sour - despite loads of good being in those updates. obviously part of that was the new engine rewrite, and the d1 recruit debacle. i explained to him, he made a LOT of change - and most of it actually was fine. the engine rewrite had a few serious kinks with fatigue being insanely severe and what not, but about 80% of the change he made, was done pretty well. but nobody talks about it like that, its all about the major screw up that wrecked d1 populations. with potential era, it was hard caps and freshman all capping out. i was basically arguing that he needed to break it down, because the update he proposed was so massive, its guaranteed to contain a few poison pills.

it just showed the real lack of understanding of what was going on in this community, at the most basic level, when he said he disagreed - that d1 coaches didn't leave over the disaster that was d1 recruit gen - but rather, it was the recession! seriously? there are 3 divisions, one loses a third of all coaches in the span of 8 months or so, the other two are roughly stable. i guess it really could make sense that the recession would destroy d1 coaches, because clearly, those folks who already put hundreds of dollars into the game, are the ones most likely to stop spending when money gets tight - right? no, obviously its the opposite, and still d1 had the massive drop, not d2, not d3. i know hes somewhat ignorant of what its like to really play this game, but i was honestly shocked that he took no responsibility for the huge drop in d1 population that is clearly shown by the numbers.

so, while i think there actually is plenty of good in this update - i also think it doesn't really matter. the mood is too sour, he has no bank of goodwill to draw on from putting out a couple small updates and upping his community action, before what is effectively a hail mary (what else can you call a total re-write of the games' most beloved component, when world pop is taking a dive?). the strategy he took here, from a business standpoint, its just terrible, and it basically doomed him to fail before he started - the update was so big, its guaranteed to contain a couple poison pills, at a time when the community has a very low tolerance for such things. that, to me, is the #1 issue - and none of that at all requires some faith in my predictive prowess in this game.
7/7/2016 9:25 PM
Posted by taniajane on 7/7/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I agree with both emy and gill. The writing is on the wall and those that state that simple fact are viewed by a few customers and Seble himself as a detriment to their idea of inventing a new ( not better ) game. I have made my Opinion on this matter clear and have received an email from Seble to my personal, non WIS email account, warning me to cease the "unconstructive criticism". Fine.....I have no intention of playing the new system.
Are you serious about getting a cease and desist email from selbe? I almost can't believe it. Bullying is not going to change people's minds that the new update is a mistake.
7/7/2016 10:54 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/7/2016 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 7/7/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Are you serious about getting a cease and desist email from selbe? I almost can't believe it. Bullying is not going to change people's minds that the new update is a mistake.
I am 100 % serious and posted it including his email address and it was removed. I sent you (gomiami1972) the email via site mail as well
Here is the body of the letter minus that>

"I have no problem with your criticizing the beta or disagreeing with how
things work, but if you become a negative distraction in the forums I'll
have to remove you. A beta test is going to bugs - that's the whole point
of it. Being constructive is identifying those bugs and making suggestions.
Being unreasonably hostile doesn't help anything.

Thanks
7/8/2016 6:39 AM (edited)
Maybe it's because you would start a thread bashing something and then be the only one commenting on it. I mean I enjoyed you talking to yourself but I can see why it was viewed as counterproductive.
7/8/2016 8:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.