What is actually wrong with the beta? Topic

Posted by poncho2799 on 6/27/2016 12:07:00 AM (view original):
I have found scouting to be much longer. I used to go through and scout in about 20 min for each team and be done. In the Beta, I scout, but I now I have to wait for camps to run to make sure I get all my recruits (which tends to break whatever my thoughts were when I first scouted them), and then it's a waste to break up the recruit pool by division since there is no division cap. The lack of a division cap will also delay my ability to start recruiting right away.

At DII and DIII, you would be stupid to not just wait to see what DI scraps appear unless you find a stud at your own division. DIII recruits are going to be useless. We might as well just get rid of projected recruiting divisions.

I never understood people complaining about the time of the current recruiting system. After the first 2 cycles, I know what battles I have and I know which recruits I feel are comfortably locked up. I didn't have to check every cycle, because signings didn't start until a specific time and date, so there was no real penalty if you missed a cycle. When I do get on to check recruiting, I spend 3-5 minutes at most just to check where I stand. In the Beta system, if you miss any cycles, it could be the difference between losing a recruit or keeping him. So now I have to check every cycle just to make sure noone has caught me or passed me on the considering list. Recruiting in the current system I might spend 1-1.5 total hours over the entire recruiting cycle. In the beta system, I can see myself spending most of that time just in scouting, because I have to keep scouting for each level I want to see.
Why are you scouting before the camps? Wouldn't it make sense to wait until camps are over, then use your assistant to scout? At least, that's the most cost-efficient way I've found so far.

Also, I think scouting will take more time when you're learning it, just like scouting took a while when you were learning it the first time. I think once you fall into a rhythm 3 or 4 seasons down the line, it'll be relatively the same. Plus you have far more time to do it.

I haven't played D3 in a little while, but D3 recruits were pretty much useless. The vast majority of my recruits were D1 and D2 drop/pull downs with a high potential D3 stud mixed in every now and then. From what you're saying, the beta probably isn't a huge change from the current system in that regard.
6/27/2016 12:27 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I've read them. I was hoping you could condense and summarize, but still be thorough. Basically hit the sweet spot of 3-4 sentences of exactly what's wrong.
6/27/2016 1:23 AM
1) EEs-- It's hard to know exactly what will be around in the second cycle. You call it sloppy seconds, but we haven't even seen what the 2nd cycle will have yet because haven't actually gotten there in the beta yet! It should be interesting, but considering we haven't seen what'll be around yet, I don't think we should just to conclusions. I made this point earlier, but I think it is an interesting wrinkle to have to strategize in recruiting about a potential EE. If I thought I was going to have an EE, I would seek out recruits with late signing tendencies and stay on their radars and builds up enough points to unlock scholarships and HVs before the 2nd cycle rolls around. If I don't have an EE, oh well, that's actually probably a good result. If I do have an EE, I have targets lined up. I really don't think this'll be that hard of an adjustment to make, most coaches are capable of contingency planning.

yes we don't know what the 2nd cycle holds but regardless EE teams are punished by being "forced" to miss out on all prospects simply because they were good and players left, yes ideally teams shouldn't look like the monstars, but this is a terrible way to forcibly distribute talent, again this stems from seble ignoring the forums as this "problem" was something recruit generation would actually fix without requiring restrictions on coaches for being good. EE's probably won't be as huge a problem in the update because of how spread out they will become teams won't be able to simply recruit an entire team of potential EE's but its a really bad way to "fix" the problem. And still teams are bound to end up stacked with a good coach in the right situation and end up getting "punished" for it later on.

2) 2 signing periods hurting new coaches/ job changers--Assuming the sim/previous coach has recruited, the 2nd signing period probably won't be too confusing for new coaches as they'll have to fill a reduced number of spots. It may actually be a good introduction to recruiting before they have to do the whole season recruiting in a week or two after. I'm not 100% sure if that's actually going to be the case, but I don't think we're really hurting new coaches by having them recruit in the 2nd cycle. I think the biggest thing for new coaches (which isn't really available today) would be a comprehensive recruiting guide. If we're worried about new coaches, a recruiting guide is the best thing that can be done. Having them recruit 2nd cycle is small potatoes compared to that.

Easing new coaches in is one of the most bs things I keep hearing how does making them wait till the 2nd period help them exactly? No one ever says how it helps them besides saying it eases them into it? What so no they get to come in with all good early guys taken and good prospects with late tendency already built up to very high by schools with coaches who were there first recruiting period?

As for job changers, it just means your own team full of your own guys happens in season 5 instead of season 4. Is this a huge issue? I don't think so. You'll still have the majority of your own guys on the team by season 4.

So I believe seasons are going to be a few days long, that might've just been seble in the dev chats, but we'll just go with the current 30 and 50 days. Currently to run through your first class it's 4 seasons which is 120 days in the 2x and 200 days in the 1x world. thats 4 months and over 6 months for a 1x world. D2 prestige is a tad more important in pulldowns and who is recruitable right away much harder to recruit a deep playoff team right away than D3, I'd guess around 6-8 seasons really to get your prestige up and get "elite players" who were rejecting you right away(yes 4 is still possible but a tad harder like I said). thats 6-8 months D3 and 300-400 days so pretty much a year. D1 is when it becomes hard lets say you did pretty well in your 7 seasons of D2 and were able to qualify for D1 C- job and spend 8 seasons there where you rebuild for 3 seasons and then are consistent PI/NT team thats another 300-400 days in the 1x and 6-8 months in the 2x. Now you qualify for a C/C- Big 6 job and spend what 6-10 seasons rebuilding them up. another long period of time. And heck you probably didn't even like the C/C- job you got and want to move to a better job

So its about a year to qualify for D1 barring being lucky and taking a good school which cuts down maybe 2 seasons if you do.

Now you add an additional season to the process each time you move jobs because you need to be able to "ease" into it. It's already an extrodinarily long process to get to D1 let alone good D1 and now you want to make it an additional season longer each time you move jobs. Might as well tell coaches to sign up for 2 worlds, 1 to stay at D3 to learn and the other to rush to D1 because its a 1-2 year process and you don't want to miss out. One of my biggest complaints I have from a non game perspective is the time is takes to rebuild/move up and I do not believe people are fine adding another season (or half season which adds up) to make things rebuild all because it somehow eases a new coach into recruiting by putting him at a disadvantage early on?

3) Not totally sure what you're trying to say in your 3rd bullet, something about prestige being wiped out? From what I've seen prestige makes a difference, but not as large of a difference as before. However, preferences obviously seem to matter a great deal. I think that's a cool feature. Not sure I addressed what you were trying to say, but I tried here.

this was more about how the idea to fix the inbalance of D1 was to punish people for being good instead of fixing the actual problem(recruit gen) and then making it harder to scout not by making scouting better, but just witholding information and requiring a ton of clicks to get the same info.

the prestige part was because of looking at some of the battles people have lost like or and skinz losing battles they were the clearly better school and other coaches losing when the high interest school. the engine is random enough with results and now we are adding more randomization by making signing more random, I understand the goal of not making signings a 100% deal but they seemed pretty bad, I think someone actually recomended something where anyone over 60% or 70% interest or chance of signing whatever you call it would pretty much be garenteed signing, and then below that then someone 55-45 had an advantage but it wasn't 55-45 it was more like 60-40 so a +5/-5 thing I'll see if I can find that.

4) Good coaches will be too good at D2/D3-- Good coaches at D2 and D3 already dominate. They have a huge advantage over new players with their knowledge of pull downs and their ability to recruit D2 and D1 talent from D3. A good recruiting guide that allows new players to have a better understanding of how to recruit and that lets them know they can recruit players from higher divisions, is paramount. As for the claim that 2-4 coaches will win every year, what is that claim based off of? I can't seem to find anything in your argument that clearly points to a new feature in the beta that allows talent to concentrate around 2-4 coaches.

They don't dominate to the levels which we are moving too, we are talking dynasties that make what billy/dac/stew did look weak, I fully expect someone like jsajsa if he stayed to be fully capable of winning 5+ in a row easily if not push 10 and 15. It literally seems like what GD happened where D3 became a "learning ground" and things were dumbed down, but really all that happened is now D3 elites pick who they want and then win 10 in a row. and its not just 1 guy continuously doing it, its every single world. Now we are letting these elite coaches get anyone they want, they recruit better they evaluate talent better, there is nothing holding them back whereas the new coaches aren't limited either except for their skill. The reasons for this happening is going to be the population loss, look at the names of coaches leaving and then more leave too, and no caps. Thats pretty much all you need to know about why they are going to recruit better.

5) Preferences--I love preferences, but I think the team playing style preference could not be worth that much. I'm not sure how much it's worth compared to other preferences. I'd also like to see it come into play only in extreme situations. For example, a 3pt shooter might want to come only if I'm shooting 50% of my shots from 3, or something like that. I'm not against it, I just hope little fluctuations in tempo don't have a huge impact.

I like preferences too, just not the way they were implemented, and I wish it wasn't against things that are kinda hard to control and things that impact your gameplanning. guess it depends on how big they are or if they are like the current version of faovrite school.

6) Filters-- I'm a big fan of the preferences filters, which I campaigned for a bit in the beta forums. I'm sure ratings filters are coming. Could they have been here earlier? Sure, but it's a beta, and if they're here for the actual roll-out, I'm cool with that.

yep this isn't a big deal really as long as they get here, but it makes you just think why were they not thought of originally, a) rushing b) stupidity

7) Camps-- Camps aren't great right now. I'm not sure how to fix them exactly, but they're definitely a place that could get some tweaking. However, I don't find this to be a big issue that makes recruiting less enjoyable.

no it's just another added "feature" that is useless and tries to make up for the fact scouting hasn't changed they just added a bunch of hoops to jump through. I've thought camps were cool until I read what seble said about them and then watching them in action, maybe seble changes them because they were brought up early on how bad they sucked.

8) Sniping-- Sniping goes on now, how is it worse than the current set up? Why is missing a cycle a huge no-no? The APs you spend in a cycle are worth peanuts when compared to the other recruiting actions. Most people can get on once every 12 hours for recruiting, so people won't be missing more than 1 cycle at a time.

You can read this thread on sniping, I think there is 1 more. Again people are ******* about people's strategy and have been so seble tried to fix it, made it worse, then tried to correct it again not fixing the actual problem, but looking at things like artificial caps/barriers way over correcting so it took 300+ action points to unlock things.

Now you really just don't want to miss the initial cycle or two and then pretty much the cycle before signings and be fine. Here since recruiting action is built up its more important to get on guys early(especially if caps are placed on guys you really can't miss out early on). As well as now having less opportunities to make up for a lost cycle because if you miss one cycle you've missed a great percentage of the cycles than if you miss a cycle in the current system which has more total cycles.

AP are very important a lot of people are bringing in guys with nothign but AP's if you read the beta forums. at least at D2/D3 maybe not as important for D1 but they are still needed initially to unlock recruiting items,

8b) Longer first cycle-- The longer first cycle is an improvement for sure. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement. Could it be even longer? Sure, I'd be all for that. But let's not pretend it's not a big improvement over what we have right now.

I don't think my complaint about it being long enough, I'm saying the time it moved to is pretty bad, the goal of the longer recruiting window initially was to make it so that people had the oppertunity to get their recruiting done. So the solution was to move it from 8 am to 5 pm you know the time people are most at work I'd go ahead and assume people play this game most in the morning before work and then after work/before bed. How is 8 am to 5 pm a good time to get your recruiting going. Not sure why that was thought of as a good one, slight improvement but honestly not much, I'd prefer the 6-8pm over the 8am to 5pm cycle.

9) Weakening strong conference-- I agree with you here. I think HD should incentivize being in a strong conference and one preference for strong conferences isn't going to cut it. There needs to be some budget increase for post-season success.

cool, seems everyone but those who live off beating a bad conference want post season cash back especially D2/D3

glad someone is able to attempt to discuss this, gasp if you can imagine it theres a legit discussion going on. are either of us 100% right? hell no, but no one is here saying 70 ath 90 reb/def 80 sb 45+ lp is not a stud D3 player and that coaches leaving are a good thing. also think I managed an explicit free post?(or not directed at anyone) as well as being able to understand why a C- school should never be able to get to very high and compete with an A+ school
6/27/2016 1:42 AM (edited)
Posted by tkimble on 6/27/2016 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by poncho2799 on 6/27/2016 12:07:00 AM (view original):
I have found scouting to be much longer. I used to go through and scout in about 20 min for each team and be done. In the Beta, I scout, but I now I have to wait for camps to run to make sure I get all my recruits (which tends to break whatever my thoughts were when I first scouted them), and then it's a waste to break up the recruit pool by division since there is no division cap. The lack of a division cap will also delay my ability to start recruiting right away.

At DII and DIII, you would be stupid to not just wait to see what DI scraps appear unless you find a stud at your own division. DIII recruits are going to be useless. We might as well just get rid of projected recruiting divisions.

I never understood people complaining about the time of the current recruiting system. After the first 2 cycles, I know what battles I have and I know which recruits I feel are comfortably locked up. I didn't have to check every cycle, because signings didn't start until a specific time and date, so there was no real penalty if you missed a cycle. When I do get on to check recruiting, I spend 3-5 minutes at most just to check where I stand. In the Beta system, if you miss any cycles, it could be the difference between losing a recruit or keeping him. So now I have to check every cycle just to make sure noone has caught me or passed me on the considering list. Recruiting in the current system I might spend 1-1.5 total hours over the entire recruiting cycle. In the beta system, I can see myself spending most of that time just in scouting, because I have to keep scouting for each level I want to see.
Why are you scouting before the camps? Wouldn't it make sense to wait until camps are over, then use your assistant to scout? At least, that's the most cost-efficient way I've found so far.

Also, I think scouting will take more time when you're learning it, just like scouting took a while when you were learning it the first time. I think once you fall into a rhythm 3 or 4 seasons down the line, it'll be relatively the same. Plus you have far more time to do it.

I haven't played D3 in a little while, but D3 recruits were pretty much useless. The vast majority of my recruits were D1 and D2 drop/pull downs with a high potential D3 stud mixed in every now and then. From what you're saying, the beta probably isn't a huge change from the current system in that regard.
That itself is part of the adjustment is understanding when to scout. With that said, you can't just run one camp and go to scouting. I think one thing that could be done here is run all the camps at the same time.

While I agree DIII recruits were pretty much useless, it didn't mean you would have 0 DIII players. What I'm seeing is guys recruiting DI players at DIII which is definitely not happening currently. How is a new player supposed to compete with that when they dont even understand recruiting yet? I'm using a DII school in the Beta and am on the verge of signing a 600 rated 4 year player. Yes, 600 rating don't mean anything out of context of the core ratings, but this guy is pretty good, like 80 ATH/60 SPD/60 DEF to start at PF and plus H-H potentials in core categories including Def. In the current system, I wouldn't even be able to send this guy a phone call. Now a new DII coach gets to compete against a team full of players like that. Additionally, as important as pull downs are, you don't have to have pull downs to succeed, especially at DIII. I always recruited drop downs at DIII and won 2 titles there.

I think one of the worst factors in regards to the 2 recruiting cycles is about coaches who jump jobs. This is bad for existing players and new players. Imagine you want to change teams, maybe take that new DI job that just opened. To your surprise, you get to the team to find that your entire scouting and recruiting budget have been spent by the prior coach who failed at recruiting and jumped ship. Of course you might get lucky with attention points and a scholarship offer, but you're just as lucky to get stuck. Imagine a new coach coming in to deal with this now. If this is my first season and this happens to me, I'm quitting.
6/27/2016 2:26 AM (edited)
What I see as not fun of the Beta as it exists at present:
1) Customers in all SIM worlds will have huge advantage compared to present game. If they can pick off good players with simply a very low amount of AP's and a scholarship (saving recruiting $ for battles for stud players) they will be the loaded teams. Look for more of these empty conferences with people dropping teams.
2) No conference Post Season cash. Again another advantage to having an all SIM conference is the easy schedule means a trip to the NT year in and out. People can talk all they want about a low RPI but a High RPI does not always win or go far in the NT in the present present game.
3) 1 and 2 combined will help with a team's prestige..though I have no clue if that will mean anything under the new system.
4) I cant tell what other players at rival in a recruiting battle are going after to make any sort of assessment of their ability to battle me for a recruit.
5) Even if I spend more $ and effort on a recruit, I can still lose the battle.......gee that makes sense.
6) Time consumption of scouting. Sure it is spread over a longer period of time. I don't want to spend 20-30 mins. per day scouting for weeks. I prefer the present system where I can Generally do Most of it in a one block and one day.
7) I am not in Div 1 but did have a Big 6 team (Tennessee-low level) and it is obvious that EE's and Two recruiting blocks are a disaster for them.
8) AP's are way over rated and if you come in late forget it if a recruit has a Preference for signing "As Soon As Possible". Even if he doesn't, catching up is hard to do which assumes everyone has no other life duties other than play this game.
9) All the "anti sniping" (see above #8) is pure BS. I dont make it a rule and probably have only come in late on a player and won at most ONCE. I have lost players from others doing it. That's life in the game and in real life. If I had the resources it probably wouldn't have happened but I allocated my resources as I saw fit at the time.

I am sure of two things.....1) I have more complaints on the BETA 2) some people like the BETA
6/27/2016 7:02 AM
Posted by tkimble on 6/26/2016 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 6/26/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
1) sniping-People won't always be able to refresh constantly near signings.
2) no caps-will become a system of who is furthest from a clustering of d1 schools at d2/3
3) separation of scouting and recruiting budgets- so the process is longer and we make this move to combine budgets that decreases strategic decision making. If I'm going to spend more time recruiting long term I want more depth to the process to be fostered.
1) How is it worse than what we have today? How could it be fixed? HV caps? 5 HVs per cycle? Doesn't that then make it harder for people who have EEs to come in during the 2nd cycle and make up the difference?

2) Well in the current system the best locations are the ones with few D3 schools and a lot of D2 schools (at D3). With reduced penalties for distance, I actually think this could be better than what we have today in terms of clustering.

3) I haven't found the process to be longer. The second part of your statement I don't quite understand.
1) I've been sniped in the current game but every time I've gone from the only guy on a player to the recruit favoring the other school the next cycle with me having a cycle to respond. I could be wrong about this but personally I've never been sniped and lost a player in one cycle. It seems that in this new version you can be unavailable for the 30 minutes before signings and lose a recruit. I would make it so that someone must lead with a player for a specific number of cycles (say 2) consecutively. It's not the sniping necessarily that needs limiting. It's the sniping without a chance to respond when you have the funds to win the battle.

2) true the best locations are where few teams of the division above you are located. Not having caps will just increase that effect. I also don't quite agree with the thought process behind it being easier to recruit nationally now. Maybe at elite level d1 where your pool of acceptable players is lower but not at any other level.

So level one is cheap and worthless. Level 2-3-4 are much more expensive for guys from a distance. To get to level 2-3-4 at 99 miles is $110, at 200 miles is $140, at 300 is $160, at 499 is $250, at 751 is $325, and at 996 is is $399. Those prices are per level. So if I go after the guy at 99 miles away to level 4 I'll spend $330 for those 3 levels as opposed to $750 for the player at 499 miles. That will encourage me to not scout up players from further distances even if the impairment to recruiting is less. I could pay a lot to go to the regional camp to get 2 levels and get the scouting service for the state so I am only paying for one level but why would I do that? Other coaches with recruiting advantages over me will be at the camp so that pool of discovery is less likely to provide a return. So, in effect, it is now cost prohibitive for me to even locate good talent at a distance unless, potentially, if it is a international player where I won't have any recruiting disadvantage.

In the current version of HD, not using fss will tell me more than level 2 scouting does and I can get level 4 (minus low-lows and high-highs) at one base cost regardless of distance. Now there is a heavily increased distance disadvantage for scouting and there still exists a disadvantage for recruiting. So if it's a guy the much closer school wants they can still use more home visits to win the battle. So, jusit like the current system, the only players of value I'll take from a distance are those that others don't notice (late transfers and states that people ignore) because I'll still be at a recruiting disadvantage and I'll discover less of those players.

3) I feel pretty confident saying that you are in the minority when it comes to saying scouting takes less time. I've had busy weekends recruiting falls on and done all my scouting in 20 minutes or less. With the sheer amount of clicks needed in this version I don't see how that is possible. Now, the fact that we have longer to scout is great. It's been one of my chief complaints and a key reason I think people stop playing. However, we now need to go player by player and determine how far to scout them up. That is a timely process. Before you could fss a few states and see the players potentials on a large list and then just add to the target list and prioritize. Heck people in the beta forums have complained that they only had 5 days to scout.

Taking a longer time to scout is not necessarily a bad thing (please allow more mass recruiting actions though) given that we have much more time to scout. But if it's going to take longer we should be increasing our strategic decision making. Making the budgets not be combined takes away key strategic decisions. We've swapped the question of do I scout more or save my budget for potential battles with the question of do I scout to a certain level or not. Why not use this version to have to make both decisions?
6/27/2016 7:35 AM
In general here is my opinion with what is wrong with BETA. Most HD players don't want to feel like they are getting screwed. In poker you remember the bad beats much more than when you pull a river card out your ***.

Two of the best things Seble has done is
1) The projection report. Why? Teams that felt they were getting screwed out of the NT based on their RPI now could see where they stand every day. Teams that felt they were screwed out of a certain seed could see where they now stand. Seble removed ambiguity, well done.
2) Draft big board. Why? Coaches would get about EEs on players they thought would never go. Now they can see all season the chances of players leaving early. There is still a random effect, but much more is out in the open. Seble removed unpleasant suprises, well done.

BETA?? Goes in the opposite direction from all of that. Seble has reintroduced randomness and ambiguity into recruiting. NOW teams that are BEHIND in recruiting can win a recruit. NOW we really don't know where we stand with a recruit. Some people like the cloudiness. I will content MOST HD players do not like the randomness. We don't like BAD BEATS. I don't think Seble gets this.
6/27/2016 10:51 AM
tkimble, lot of problems with the beta, but the sniping is an obvious one. first off, poaching is supposed to be going the way of the dinosaur - that is one of those things that is supposed to make the game better. so your question, how is it worse, is an inherently misleading one - even if its no worse, but no better, that is still a problem and a failure. we aren't supposed to have change for the pure sake of change - its supposed to make progress.

that said, sniping is far worse. in the first period, i took a guy off another school. he was very high, i was low or very low, at 7:20 the day of signings. at 7:40 or so he came back to very high, knocked me down to high. at 7:55 i knocked him back to moderate and went back up to very high, and signed the guy at 8:00. i could have made my first move at 7:58, and went from him basically being on the guy alone (he was the only high / very high, from his view, the player could ONLY sign with him if he decided to sign at 8). in today's situation, if someone poaches you, you have at a bare minimum, 3 hours to respond, and often 6. in the beta, you may have only 30 seconds to 1) find out, 2) identify an appropriate strategy, and 3) execute that strategy. i think its pretty obvious that is vastly worse than today's poaching.
6/27/2016 12:57 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/26/2016 10:20:00 PM (view original):
I think 1) the multiple recruiting periods / EE issues and 2) the ebay-style recruit sniping are going to cause a lot of frustration without a justifying increase in entertainment value.

Other big-to-me issues: D3 coaches are signing D1-quality talent, which is apparently a feature and not a bug. Recruiting jucos and transfers is unnecessarily difficult. The number of recruits in the beta is actually lower than we're currently getting in production when the number should be doubled or tripled. And the whole premise of "discovering" recruits seems like we're moving back in time 50 years; this feature would make sense and would even be fun if recruits were more numerous, but they aren't, so the "discovery" process in the Scout.com age is just inane busywork.

I'm not here to trash the beta, just providing the feedback this thread requests.
I'm not in the beta, could someone/anyone please fill me in on what everyone means by "e-bay style" poaching? I'm pretty sure I know but I don't want to make assumptions. Thank you in advance.
6/27/2016 1:02 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/26/2016 10:20:00 PM (view original):
I think 1) the multiple recruiting periods / EE issues and 2) the ebay-style recruit sniping are going to cause a lot of frustration without a justifying increase in entertainment value.

Other big-to-me issues: D3 coaches are signing D1-quality talent, which is apparently a feature and not a bug. Recruiting jucos and transfers is unnecessarily difficult. The number of recruits in the beta is actually lower than we're currently getting in production when the number should be doubled or tripled. And the whole premise of "discovering" recruits seems like we're moving back in time 50 years; this feature would make sense and would even be fun if recruits were more numerous, but they aren't, so the "discovery" process in the Scout.com age is just inane busywork.

I'm not here to trash the beta, just providing the feedback this thread requests.
Very good post.
6/27/2016 1:07 PM
EBay style poaching is what they call the present system of coming in very late on a recruit (or mins before the end of signing period) and dumping a load of effort on the recruit to get him to sign......

For some reason, people think this strategy is fool proof. It is not and can as equally fail but of course that goes un-noticed when it does fail.
6/27/2016 1:18 PM (edited)
Posted by mullycj on 6/27/2016 10:51:00 AM (view original):
In general here is my opinion with what is wrong with BETA. Most HD players don't want to feel like they are getting screwed. In poker you remember the bad beats much more than when you pull a river card out your ***.

1) The projection report. Why? Teams that felt they were getting screwed out of the NT based on their RPI now could see where they stand every day. Teams that felt they were screwed out of a certain seed could see where they now stand. Seble removed ambiguity, well done.
2) Draft big board. Why? Coaches would get about EEs on players they thought would never go. Now they can see all season the chances of players leaving early. There is still a random effect, but much more is out in the open. Seble removed unpleasant suprises, well done.

BETA?? Goes in the opposite direction from all of that. Seble has reintroduced randomness and ambiguity into recruiting. NOW teams that are BEHIND in recruiting can win a recruit. NOW we really don't know where we stand with a recruit. Some people like the cloudiness. I will content MOST HD players do not like the randomness. We don't like BAD BEATS. I don't think Seble gets this.
Best post I've read so far Mully, very well said.
6/27/2016 1:30 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/27/2016 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 6/27/2016 10:51:00 AM (view original):

Best post I've read so far Mully, very well said.
100% agree as well
6/27/2016 2:50 PM
Honestly, my big problem with the beta is that it straight-up doesn't hold my attention. I find the new scouting and recruit discovery system to be boring and uninteresting. I'm not going to pay to play a game that feels like a chore.

It should be noted that I'm pretty damn lazy about recruiting as it is.
6/27/2016 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
What is actually wrong with the beta? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.