1st Team All-American but Not on Draft Board? Topic

This player on my Brown team earned 1st Team All-American but isn't on the big draft board.

1 - Is this common?

2 - Is there a chance he'll still be drafted?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3199614
7/10/2016 8:26 AM
all american status in HD depends heavily on game performance and scoring

big board status is ratings

it happens - not likely to get drafted, but could happen
7/10/2016 10:29 AM
I agree with metsmax. This guy has similar ratings, was NPOY and 1st team AA as a senior but went undrafted. Core ratings to a player's position appear to be more important to draft status and I'm guessing Sosnowski's SB is going to hold him back. Helluva player though.
7/10/2016 12:23 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 7/10/2016 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I agree with metsmax. This guy has similar ratings, was NPOY and 1st team AA as a senior but went undrafted. Core ratings to a player's position appear to be more important to draft status and I'm guessing Sosnowski's SB is going to hold him back. Helluva player though.
Wow 100 stamina for a C, thats a new one for me
7/10/2016 2:46 PM
Its obviously, there's never been a more clear-cut case of scholastic doping ever since they started keeping academic stats.

Deep Run, NC only produces about one (or two at most) exports per year...and they are not sent to Brown, yo.
7/11/2016 1:07 PM (edited)
I once recruited a senior on my Georgia Tech team that was a total scrub. I believe he played the prior year at D2. I recruited him with the idea of having him solely for the purpose of Carry Over. I sent an email to customer support when I saw him listed as a first team all american. I thought it was a bug.

MY TICKET: Hello - John Zachary is a pre-season 1st team all american, with 30 Ath and 36 Defense. I have him 4th on the depth chart in one position and recruited him as a senior transfer space filler so that I could have a carry over. For the life of me I cannot figure out how this could be. He is by far the worst player on my team. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

CS RESPONSE: Tim,
Preseason All-Americans are currently based heavily on prior season stats and team quality, not on ratings. We're actually going to change that in the next release, to be a ratings evaluation.
7/11/2016 2:21 PM
Not that uncommon - this guy's only a 3rd team AA but I've seen others, can't find them at moment.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?tid=7929&pid=3213000
7/12/2016 8:38 AM
I've had 2 first team all Americans in the past 4 years and nowhere near being on the draft board.
7/12/2016 11:57 AM
This kid is currently a SR on my Duquesne team in Knight. He was 3rd team AA last year, 1st team pre season AA and is about to break the all time D1 scoring record and isn't on the draft board either.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3312922
7/14/2016 5:25 PM
Awards are stats based and draft board is rating focused that guy is not "elite" rating wise but is good to crush a weak sos with elite spd/per/bh

Realstically you can find probably 50+ better PG from just seniors alone.

It's not a bad strategy I thrive on a lot of players like those with my non major teams, but don't get confused with his high stats as meaning he is an elite player at D1
7/14/2016 6:20 PM
1st Team All-American but Not on Draft Board? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.