Change in study hall minutes required? Topic

After close to 30 seasons without losing a player due to grades, I've lost a player in each of the last three seasons. Anyone else noticed a difference lately? Could be randomness I guess. Only one was a freshman - the rest were upper classmen. Any insights?

First instance - Mid-term report warns of low GPA (2.x) and I add minutes to study hall. Final grades come in and the GPA has dropped to 1.X despite the increase in study hall minutes.

Second instance - Different player but same concept as first one. This time I added more study hall minutes than in the first instance but the GPA still dropped.

Third instance - Mid-term report warns of low GPA (1.x) and I add 10 minutes to study hall. Final grades come in and the GPA has stayed the same despite a whopping 10 extra minutes!

Prior to now I thought had a pretty good sense of how many study hall minutes a player needs. I've been using the same basic system for 30+ seasons and it's worked fine until the last three seasons...
7/18/2016 1:25 PM
Yup was thinking that today. I've had a couple guys ineligible in Beta. Seem to be coming in low even though I have more SH min than normal.
7/18/2016 2:24 PM
I think it's just random. I've been spending far less time playing than I used to and several times have forgotten to adjust my SH minutes when mid-terms came out. Even yet, I still haven't had anyone go ineligible and I tend to use fewer SH minutes than most coaches (in some cases far fewer). In a couple of cases I forgot to assign SH minutes at all and still had everyone stay eligible. Just bad luck for you I think.
7/18/2016 3:12 PM
I just found out a guy on my beta team is ineligible. That's another one. I never had a guy ineligible in my other 25+ seasons but have just had 3 in beta. I bumped up the SH minutes when I saw he was in danger and I had him started off higher than I normally would have. So I dunno.
7/18/2016 6:15 PM
Non-beta: I've had several issues the last few season, significantly more than normal. Lost a guy for the first time in at least 50 seasons despite increasing SH minutes drastically on 2.3 at midterms. Also had a guy pull exactly a 2.0 after 20 minutes (2.4 overall GPA).

For now I'm slightly ramping up in first half of season, going pretty big if they have issues at midterm.
7/19/2016 9:04 AM
Change in study hall minutes required? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.