Redshirt loophole closed in Beta Topic

In Beta, you can no longer un-promise a start or minutes by proposing a redshirt then undoing it. I use that strategy a lot in the current game, but it is good that it is not an option in this one. This is a new feature that was just implemented
7/22/2016 7:08 PM
Just to be clear, you can still do this but it is now a large negative effect (no longer neutral). In the present worlds, offering the RS, followed by informing of Non-RS, doesn't just remove the promise of starts/minutes but what seble has changed is that any drop of promised minutes carries a huge recruiting effort penalty so you could end up way lower than you started off in the first place (lower than before you offered the minutes/start in the first place).

This was to close a loophole where large minutes offered multiplies subsequent recruiting effort and then you could remove the minutes later but keep the previous gains.
7/22/2016 7:15 PM
minutes seem way to powerful, i'm not a huge fan of them making every subsequent action more valuable
7/22/2016 7:17 PM
I don't see how you can do it - I don't see an option for it.

On my screen it says. "Inform of Redshirt: You can't inform of redshirt while you have a promised start or minutes pending."

And I don't see a way to undo the promises.

Unless I am missing something.
7/22/2016 7:19 PM
Only - it is because it is a preference for wants to play. So, all preferences serve as multipliers.
7/22/2016 7:20 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/22/2016 7:19:00 PM (view original):
I don't see how you can do it - I don't see an option for it.

On my screen it says. "Inform of Redshirt: You can't inform of redshirt while you have a promised start or minutes pending."

And I don't see a way to undo the promises.

Unless I am missing something.
Strange, I still have that option for my late signing recruit in BETA (I offered it back in period #1 though).

And yes he has the "Wants to Play" preference.
7/22/2016 7:38 PM
Redshirt loophole closed in Beta Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.