Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Posted by bbunch on 7/30/2016 11:46:00 AM (view original):
I'm hoping that scouting gets fixed. I think other aspects of the BETA are pretty good, but scouting will be the game's deathknell as implemented right now. It's just not enjoyable.
Agreed.Scouting needs some work. It's not working as intented, especially at D3
7/30/2016 1:57 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 7/30/2016 11:19:00 AM (view original):
totally agree w/ metsmax. i check my teams a couple times a day, but i'm not in there for hours clicking around.

i think the slight updates/changes to the design are things you get used to. people say the same thing every time facebook or twitter, etc, roll out a new logo or layout. i also like the various little things that have been updated--adjusted menus, the ability to drag your depth chart, etc. i like being able to toggle between ratings and stats when game planning. i do really like some of the new ideas in scouting, but i think the execution of the new scouting is just totally not user-friendly between the layout and the process. this will absolutely repel users, both old and new.

i would honestly just scrap the camps and all the endless extra steps to discover players and apply some of the cool things like scouting levels ($ for FSS level 1, $$ for level 2, etc) and some of the more in-depth preferences to the current scouting process.
I hereby nominate bathtub as developer of nuHD 2.1 !!

an approach along those lines would capture the good ideas and avoid the worst adverse side effects

7/30/2016 2:28 PM
"heck if i knew we had 4-6 months i'd pick some teams back up 4 teams is putting me through withdrawal like symptons, I was kinda going under the assumption seble was sticking to the 3-5 beta seasons and pushing it out ready or not"

Beta is currently in season 4, and seble's saying it's very late in the process to be making changes to L1 scouting. That implies there's a cap, and makes me think the beta runs 5 seasons max.
7/30/2016 2:31 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/30/2016 2:31:00 PM (view original):
"heck if i knew we had 4-6 months i'd pick some teams back up 4 teams is putting me through withdrawal like symptons, I was kinda going under the assumption seble was sticking to the 3-5 beta seasons and pushing it out ready or not"

Beta is currently in season 4, and seble's saying it's very late in the process to be making changes to L1 scouting. That implies there's a cap, and makes me think the beta runs 5 seasons max.
Yeah, that was my impression as well. I guessed that Labor Day or thereabouts was the cutoff. Whatever the product looks like by the first week of September, they roll with it.
7/30/2016 3:44 PM
I'm down to one team with plans to drop it as soon as the new recruiting is rolled out.

Not to be too dramatic, although I do have a flare for it, but this whole thing is like a ******* greek tragedy. WIS ignored years worth of advice and recommended changes from the user base and instead gave them something they neither asked for or wanted, not to mention that the kicker is...oh wait...writing about this ad nausea again will only allow the darkness to creep back in.

It's sad, but I've mostly made my peace with it already. I'm gonna miss the **** out of this place, some of you kids crack me the **** up. And its like one last kick in the nuts because I can't even really enjoy this last season or so.
7/30/2016 4:20 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/30/2016 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/30/2016 2:31:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, that was my impression as well. I guessed that Labor Day or thereabouts was the cutoff. Whatever the product looks like by the first week of September, they roll with it.
That's a scary thought that they will be willing to release it regardless, because of a due date. What if the Beta wasn't in a respectable place, there are still tons of issues that need to be worked on, and adjustments to be made. You would end up rolling out a product that everyone is going to have to learn, all while still making changes (assuming development will continue).

Would anyone be surprised if the beta became official and we went right back to the same level of attention we were getting before the beta announcement?
7/30/2016 4:20 PM
Posted by metsmax on 7/30/2016 10:41:00 AM (view original):
I like monitoring my teams daily - but the drudge work, click fest that is scouting in the new game is just too much
i agree, 100%
7/30/2016 9:31 PM
Where are you guys getting this due date from? Seble hasnt talked about timing to roll out for a long time.
7/30/2016 9:55 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/30/2016 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Where are you guys getting this due date from? Seble hasnt talked about timing to roll out for a long time.
No concrete evidence, just guesswork. selbe stated recently we were very late in the process. That leads one to believe that few beta seasons remain.
7/30/2016 10:47 PM
I am not convinced that this is what he meant, although you could very well be right. He is changing things every season, but I suppose that would be a major change, as opposed to something like lowering scouting budgets. But, capping HVs at 20 is a major change. I am not sure what he meant by this late in the process, and I don't think he has ever really answered how many Beta seasons there will be. I am glad that we have had this many so far.

I wonder if it would take a lot of work to eliminate Level 1? If so, maybe Vive's suggestion of changing level 1 to show grade levels for every category would be easier. I don't know enough about coding to know what is easy or hard. I'm anxious for it to go live, but want it to be right when it does. Making an adjustment to Level 1 that would make it less time consuming would be a big plus to many of the coaches that have been complaining about the time requirement, and would keep fewer people from quitting before they get used to the new system.
7/31/2016 12:10 AM
I guess we will find out how much seble actually cares when the beta releases. nuHD releases shortly while the beta is still in progress, then seble is just doing this to appease us for the next 5 years while he goes and does other things before another update no one wants. Seble takes his time and realizes beta is nowhere near complete and continues working on it, he cares, it just takes a long time because he's just really really out of touch with how things work.
7/31/2016 12:20 AM
what happened last couple of times is there was beta, it wasn't comprehensive or complete, product was rolled out, product was then "tweaked" multiple times over the next x number of months where x is at least 6 until it was stable and working more or less as intended then largely ignored unless something broke for many years.
7/31/2016 1:37 AM
"What if the Beta wasn't in a respectable place, there are still tons of issues that need to be worked on, and adjustments to be made. You would end up rolling out a product that everyone is going to have to learn, all while still making changes (assuming development will continue)."

1. Is the ability to learn something new setting the bar too high? Obviously for some on these forums, but over on the beta forums that doesn't seem to be such a foreign idea.
2. What if the beta follows the current direction and works fine, and a little advertising attracts new players? The whiners on these forums will be crowded out -- wouldn't that be delightful -- as the new players, enjoying an intelligent game, take over.
7/31/2016 11:25 AM
Oh good. Spud is still here. Needed a laugh on Sunday morning.
7/31/2016 11:37 AM
I had as many as three teams, but let go of my last team, Maryland in Knight, a couple of weeks ago.I miss HD, but I don't have any current plans to return if the new scouting is implemented.Too much like work and less like play. I have been emailing back and forth with WIS management with my/our concerns and if I hear anything concrete I'll fill you in.
7/31/2016 12:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.