Nice Beta Functionality Improvement versus Today Topic

I'm doing my scouting for Beta right now and some of the major issues that people (including myself) have been complaining about are certainly there... but there is one nice thing that I'd like to share with those who aren't in beta.

After you set a priority/categorization on a recruit, it goes to your "home" page. From there you can do some mass scouting if you'd like which is nice. But one thing I really like is that you can view the following VERY easily. You can't really tell from the screenshots but you can flip back and fort between all of these without having to reload the web page, which saves a lot of time and makes it really easy.

1) General Info- displays info such as attn pts, scholly offer (yes or no), interest level and who they're considering

http://imgur.com/3YU06a6

2) Ratings- self explanatory but I REALLY like this. You basically don't need to add recruits to the compare thing anymore unless you want to view only a couple recruits next to each or something. GREAT addition.

http://imgur.com/NN5jRiF

3) Preferences- pretty necessary to have since preferences are looking to be very important. Really nice to see signing preference right there too. Also, it shows how you match up with those preferences and color codes it.

http://imgur.com/qQlBbxg

Also, you can see from the screenshots that you can also filter which recruits show up by 1) all contacted 2) current attention and 3) categorized. Also nice to have once you get into the recruiting part and start sending out all those attn points.

Anyway, I'm finding this to be a real nice change that will also help out on mobile too.

What do you guys think?
8/1/2016 7:08 PM (edited)
i agree that the ease of navigation has continued to improve, and i keep discovering cool features, and i like the new Beta recruiting better than the current HD Classic.
8/1/2016 7:14 PM
I really like this function too - I just hope that new users are able to figure this out, because the colors that represent a priority/categorization aren't exactly obvious to find.

I hope there is some sort of "tutorial" or "training version" for new users when this is released that kind of runs them through scouting and recruiting step by step. If the vets stick it out, and scouting is repaired, they probably wont hate it as much as they think, especially if they are using from mobile
8/1/2016 7:41 PM
Posted by bbunch on 8/1/2016 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I really like this function too - I just hope that new users are able to figure this out, because the colors that represent a priority/categorization aren't exactly obvious to find.

I hope there is some sort of "tutorial" or "training version" for new users when this is released that kind of runs them through scouting and recruiting step by step. If the vets stick it out, and scouting is repaired, they probably wont hate it as much as they think, especially if they are using from mobile
If there isn't, I would suggest some of the vets who know what's going on design a tutorial video or series of videos that could be pinned. It wouldn't need to go into strategy, but it should at least highlight the new features and how to use them as well as explaining where to find old information that has maybe been moved in the new interface.
8/1/2016 8:25 PM
I think that a guide would be very helpful as well. It would probably be best if the users wrote it. I like it a lot too, and it has made major leaps forward from what it was when it started.
8/1/2016 8:25 PM
Nice Beta Functionality Improvement versus Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.