The NuHD Update Topic

I hope they either scrap the update, or it kills the game...nothing more, nothing less.
8/6/2016 12:57 PM
They aren't going to scrap it. Just hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
8/6/2016 1:06 PM
I will be happy if they continue tweaking it for the last 3 seasons I have credits for in the game I paid for.
8/6/2016 5:22 PM (edited)
I'd be happy if they left like 2 1x day worlds and 1 2x day world. Change all the rest to the nuHD. Then let the paying customers decide which game they want to play. Pretty sure that would never happen because I've got a sneaky suspicion that the oldHD worlds would be quite a bit fuller than the nuHD worlds, even taking into account the discrepancy between the number of oldHD vs. nuHD.
8/7/2016 2:55 AM
"Pretty sure that would never happen ..."

Since Seble has already ruled it out, that isn't exactly going out on a limb, is it?
8/7/2016 9:57 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/7/2016 2:55:00 AM (view original):
I'd be happy if they left like 2 1x day worlds and 1 2x day world. Change all the rest to the nuHD. Then let the paying customers decide which game they want to play. Pretty sure that would never happen because I've got a sneaky suspicion that the oldHD worlds would be quite a bit fuller than the nuHD worlds, even taking into account the discrepancy between the number of oldHD vs. nuHD.
+1
8/7/2016 10:19 AM
there is management above seble who may have a say in the ultimate decision. I'm hoping they scrap it too and them I'd come back and play.
8/7/2016 1:02 PM
Quite a bit?

It wouldnt be even close and the talent levels between the two would be atronomical.
8/7/2016 1:15 PM
well, in polls i've seen, more people support the update than are against it, surprisingly - and that is of forum-goes, which are usually a more extreme bunch than the overall public. so i wouldn't be at all surprised if more coaches played the new game than the old one, given the option - i actually think more folks would go for the new game - at least until they tried it!! i do agree with theonly that the competition would be substantially higher in the old format worlds, however.

it would be really interesting IMO to run the experiment and see how the split (new vs old) looked up front, and how it evolved over time. watching that movement over time is probably the best way to gauge which version is better, i wish they'd run the experiment, if they are really as confident as they act - they should be happy to have the opportunity to prove their version is better. but like you said, no chance of that happening :( i think with potential, the split would have been similar here, a lot of the heavier users would have declined the update. however, over time, with the fixes put in, i think more and more folks would have shifted to the new version. but who knows. it wouldn't be unprecedented for seble to do something like you suggest. when an expansion comes out, you can decline it or uninstall it, and generally can continue playing it online with other folks at the same level. however, with patches, you never really have a choice. to me, this feels more like an expansion type update, than a patch, even though there is no charge (the monthly charge should be enough). so i think it would be fair to treat it like an expansion. reality though, HD doesn't have the population to support a split like that.
8/7/2016 5:14 PM (edited)
The beta has flaws and I'm hoping they can fix some of these potential killer issues but overall.... its not s h i t. Some of it is really cool and fun. Also some of the new features I REALLY like. Its still evolving so hopefully it will continue to improve.

I think its going to be fine in the long run if they can attract some new coaches. But... that is another topic on how they will do that.
8/7/2016 5:30 PM
Can't wait to pay to further beta test for them.
8/7/2016 5:55 PM
If you're doing that, you've found some loophole for idiots. The beta test is voluntary and free.
8/7/2016 8:13 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 8/7/2016 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Can't wait to pay to further beta test for them.
He means they usually roll out unfinished products and then the paying customers end up "testing" it for a few seasons until the major bugs are fixed.
8/7/2016 8:50 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 8/7/2016 8:13:00 PM (view original):
If you're doing that, you've found some loophole for idiots. The beta test is voluntary and free.
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
8/7/2016 9:31 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/7/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):
The beta has flaws and I'm hoping they can fix some of these potential killer issues but overall.... its not s h i t. Some of it is really cool and fun. Also some of the new features I REALLY like. Its still evolving so hopefully it will continue to improve.

I think its going to be fine in the long run if they can attract some new coaches. But... that is another topic on how they will do that.
We have no idea if the beta system is going to allow for acceptable competitive balance yet. We won't know until about 6 seasons have run and this "anyone can recruit anyone" system plays out on a recruiting platform that WIS hasn't massively changed from season to season.
8/7/2016 9:43 PM
12 Next ▸
The NuHD Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.