Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

lulz, as of now, these changes are gonna run-off 20% of existing coaches, with another 23% that are openly pessimistic...so they've managed to make a product that has a very good potential to decimate at least 43% of the user base. Plus, if you simply split the percentage of those reserving judgment at the moment and lump them in with the people that disapprove, then you wind up with a product that has an approval rating of only 45% of your existing client's.

Not only do the actual proposed changes defeat themselves on so many levels, but these numbers indicate that going through with the update (as opposed to simply doing nothing) could potentially be self-defeating from an actual business position. And anybody familiar with marketing (which ironically is what inspired these changes) will tell you that it is much much much more expensive/costly to replace an existing customer with a new customer, rather than just retaining the current one.

So putting yourself in a position where you could potentially have to replace 55% of your existing clientele, especially when you had the option to literally do nothing instead, is what they call in the business world "screwing the pooch", and in epic proportions.
8/11/2016 9:34 AM
That's not really something to brag about, kcsundevil. If that reflects close to the entire customer base, those are terrible numbers for WIS. I hope you guys enjoy the game and it lives on, I really do, but WIS is taking a huge risk here. I personally would be shocked if in 6 months WIS has an equal number of users to what they had when Beta started. The reality is they numbers, with the exception of the one season they give out a free season promo, are going to continue to shrink as they have been doing ever since NuHD became an approaching reality.

Edit:
Oh looks like kcs' pro poll post is gone.
8/11/2016 10:10 AM
jsa, I agree with you. I pulled my post because it was jerkily phrased by me, and didn't add anything of value to the conversation. I appreciate your reply regardless.
8/11/2016 10:49 AM
12% excited

[edit] And it jumped to 17% in less than 10 votes, good thing all the sockpuppet accounts are controlled by guys with common sense.
8/11/2016 12:05 PM (edited)
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/11/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
12% excited

[edit] And it jumped to 17% in less than 10 votes, good thing all the sockpuppet accounts are controlled by guys with common sense.
...said the guy with at least 3 accounts.
8/11/2016 12:19 PM
Your massively understate the vast reaches of accounts we control, I'd say about 10-20% of all accounts we have access to heck half the time on the forums I just argue with myself since I enjoy background noise.

Have you ever seen me and wardo in the same room together? Exactly, noone can be that bad at HD it's clearly another account Billy and I "use"
8/11/2016 12:28 PM (edited)
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/11/2016 9:34:00 AM (view original):
lulz, as of now, these changes are gonna run-off 20% of existing coaches, with another 23% that are openly pessimistic...so they've managed to make a product that has a very good potential to decimate at least 43% of the user base. Plus, if you simply split the percentage of those reserving judgment at the moment and lump them in with the people that disapprove, then you wind up with a product that has an approval rating of only 45% of your existing client's.

Not only do the actual proposed changes defeat themselves on so many levels, but these numbers indicate that going through with the update (as opposed to simply doing nothing) could potentially be self-defeating from an actual business position. And anybody familiar with marketing (which ironically is what inspired these changes) will tell you that it is much much much more expensive/costly to replace an existing customer with a new customer, rather than just retaining the current one.

So putting yourself in a position where you could potentially have to replace 55% of your existing clientele, especially when you had the option to literally do nothing instead, is what they call in the business world "screwing the pooch", and in epic proportions.
These are great points nacho.
8/11/2016 6:11 PM
Posted by vandydave on 8/10/2016 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Game was far from perfect, but "fixed" the wrong things in the wrong ways. Won't be spending any more money on HD, will either focus on HBD or just drop WIS altogether.
Don't drop HBD. It is a great game that WIS has, so far, not screwed up completely.
8/11/2016 6:18 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/11/2016 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 8/10/2016 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Game was far from perfect, but "fixed" the wrong things in the wrong ways. Won't be spending any more money on HD, will either focus on HBD or just drop WIS altogether.
Don't drop HBD. It is a great game that WIS has, so far, not screwed up completely.
I don't plan to, but 1 of my 3 HBD worlds has 12 openings with no hope of filling soon, wis simply doesn't seem to be generating new customers.
8/11/2016 7:36 PM
As of this moment, the answer receiving the LARGEST percentage of votes is the definitely dropping all my HD teams...I'm just saying.

At 22%
8/11/2016 9:02 PM
The problem with HD has been it depends too much on recruiting and there is insufficient pre-game and in-game strategy. I am very disappointed that the update seems to add MORE recruiting and does not address flaws in the game play engine and the lack of game plan strategy. I want to coach basketball games not swap e-mails with virtual characters. If this update is all that is advertised I will no longer be playing HD.
8/14/2016 8:25 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/10/2016 6:18:00 PM (view original):
I am pessimistic but I will give each division a chance. I'm not going to throw away 12 years of HD without trying the new product in a competitive environment.

However, I will be judging the new game against the old one. If the new game is equal or better, I'm staying. If the new game proves to be less enjoyable, I won't continue paying for a diminished product.
+1
8/14/2016 1:05 PM
Posted by crazyivan on 8/10/2016 8:10:00 PM (view original):
you can't say that seble doesn't have a sense of humor...my favorite part of the update announcement?.....

"Once the official update is in place across all worlds, marketing efforts will increase to bring new college basketball fans into the game."

F U C K_M E!!!!!

They'll need the extra marketing to make up the 30-40% of suckers - sorry - coaches not returning.
Why didn't they do this to begin with. Years over years of non marketing effort, and then put the blame on the game. Were there things that could be fixed? sure, but the whole system didn't need this type of revamp.
8/14/2016 1:11 PM
I'll be dropping all of my HD teams. I am too old to learn a completely new method of recruiting, so that's one issue. But a larger problem is that we have lost so much world population in the last couple of years. There are often more Sim AI teams in the PIT than human teams. A number of worlds have 10+ D1 Big 6 openings (don't go blaming the promotion process - there are just not enough coaches who have earned the right to take a D1 Big 6 team). So I have one final NT to win an elusive DIII championship, and that ain't looking good right now.
8/14/2016 3:18 PM
Utica in D3 Phelan is my last team and this will be my final season after starting in season 2.
8/14/2016 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.