Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 8/16/2016 3:45:00 PM (view original):
I voted the middle option (#3) and I agree it would be oddball to register a bunch of alts just for that poll.

Plus, don't you need to have owned a team within the last year or two for your ID to have board privileges?
Yup, never even considered that. I logged into my alt ID (which I haven't used since 2011 or so) and I wasn't able to post nor vote...so forget my suggestion above.
8/16/2016 3:57 PM
There is a strong likelihood of skew in that poll. The reason being that a small minority of overall users are posting in the forums for the purpose of influencing the final outcome of the update. We may think it odd that someone would vote multiple times, but even compared to actual U.S. presidential elections, the perceived benefit to someone sufficiently motivated would be dramatically higher. (That's right - I'm saying it is exponentially more likely that someone voted 15 times in this poll than that anyone will attempt to vote, in person, 15 times in the general election.)

Besides, I would think that the number of users that actually visit the HD forum, vote in polls or post would be no more than 30% of active users. Granted, those self-selected users would be far more likely to have multiple teams &/or Alt-IDs.
8/16/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/16/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
I voted the middle option (#3) and I agree it would be oddball to register a bunch of alts just for that poll.

Plus, don't you need to have owned a team within the last year or two for your ID to have board privileges?
Yup, never even considered that. I logged into my alt ID (which I haven't used since 2011 or so) and I wasn't able to post nor vote...so forget my suggestion above.
I think you just need to have paid some money to WIS in the past x period of time. I was fairly sure that aejones was so good at the game that he lost posting privileges while having multiple teams.
8/16/2016 4:02 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/16/2016 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/16/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):

I think you just need to have paid some money to WIS in the past x period of time. I was fairly sure that aejones was so good at the game that he lost posting privileges while having multiple teams.
When I used my alt ID, it said that I did not have a valid purchase in the past two years.
8/16/2016 4:07 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/16/2016 4:00:00 PM (view original):
There is a strong likelihood of skew in that poll. The reason being that a small minority of overall users are posting in the forums for the purpose of influencing the final outcome of the update. We may think it odd that someone would vote multiple times, but even compared to actual U.S. presidential elections, the perceived benefit to someone sufficiently motivated would be dramatically higher. (That's right - I'm saying it is exponentially more likely that someone voted 15 times in this poll than that anyone will attempt to vote, in person, 15 times in the general election.)

Besides, I would think that the number of users that actually visit the HD forum, vote in polls or post would be no more than 30% of active users. Granted, those self-selected users would be far more likely to have multiple teams &/or Alt-IDs.
Ok rogelio
8/16/2016 4:28 PM
In looking at the names of who voted for what there isn't a ton of obvious duplicates. There are some and if the numbers are skewed in any way the duplicates tend to be in the "very excited" category. One guy is on there 4-7 times (could be 2 different guys tho but the IDs are close).
8/16/2016 5:51 PM
The poll really does not matter........the Final poll will be in the drop of players (and Teams from those that have multiple Teams..which is already occuring) or still has the same amount of players. I tried (2 seasons of Beta) and my OPINION is that even having a basis of knowledge from this present game, Beta will Not encourage or keep new users (too time consuming and too many bs clicks in a format that makes little sense). Nor do I believe that WIS will suddenly and Magically make an effort to promote the game, other than the usual free game act they have failed miserably with for years but like fools continue to do what has proven to fail over and over again.

I wish those that enjoy the Beta good will and hope it meets their expectations. It doesn't meet mine.
8/16/2016 6:01 PM
Posted by taniajane on 8/16/2016 6:02:00 PM (view original):
The poll really does not matter........the Final poll will be in the drop of players (and Teams from those that have multiple Teams..which is already occuring) or still has the same amount of players. I tried (2 seasons of Beta) and my OPINION is that even having a basis of knowledge from this present game, Beta will Not encourage or keep new users (too time consuming and too many bs clicks in a format that makes little sense). Nor do I believe that WIS will suddenly and Magically make an effort to promote the game, other than the usual free game act they have failed miserably with for years but like fools continue to do what has proven to fail over and over again.

I wish those that enjoy the Beta good will and hope it meets their expectations. It doesn't meet mine.
That's the part that makes me laugh is now they want to market? They say the old game was not cutting it and neglect to mention poor marketing efforts, but you want to sell this new product as a winner, so now you're going to market. They will justify a successful update (assuming it is successful) simply by stating new users when in reality it's really going to be attributed to what they should have been doing for many years now.

One of the best draws for me was the fact that I could get on and spend very little time on daily tasks. If I was bored, I can go explore the stats, distros, forums. Now there goal is to have you spend more time in the game, so you can feel more involved or whatever. I think there are some people who will enjoy that, but I don't think the average user will be into it, especially new users who will have to learn it.
8/16/2016 10:06 PM
Reading the forum threads on the change over (not posting), My decision to retire has been affirmed. I wish folks the best no matter what they decide, but I am at peace with my decision.
8/25/2016 1:28 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.