Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Here are the numerical equivalents of the letter grades you will see in Levels 1 to 3 of scouting:
Numerical Equivalents of Letter Grades:
A+ = 85+
A = 80-84
A- = 74-79
B+ = 69-73
B = 64-68
B- = 58-63
C+ = 53-57
C = 48-52
C- = 42-47
D+ = 37-41
D = 32-36
D- = 26-31
F+ = 21-25
F = 16-20
F- = 0- 15

8/13/2016 9:46 PM
Compliments, chapel. You're doing a really good job with the guide.
8/13/2016 10:20 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/13/2016 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Here are the numerical equivalents of the letter grades you will see in Levels 1 to 3 of scouting:
Numerical Equivalents of Letter Grades:
A+ = 85+
A = 80-84
A- = 74-79
B+ = 69-73
B = 64-68
B- = 58-63
C+ = 53-57
C = 48-52
C- = 42-47
D+ = 37-41
D = 32-36
D- = 26-31
F+ = 21-25
F = 16-20
F- = 0- 15

Chapel, do the same equivalents apply to each skill?
8/13/2016 10:40 PM
Yes. Except for FT shooting, I think, although I wonder if it applies there as well.
8/13/2016 10:51 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/13/2016 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Compliments, chapel. You're doing a really good job with the guide.
Thanks ks! Enjoying working on it. This piece of info was really important, and will help make sense of the letter grades. It is helping me in my scouting a lot.

Another thing I have done this time is come up with a new scouting strategy. I still like to stay fairly close, at least at first, and especially at D2 and D3. So I did FSS for this states, and held a private camp. The camp was kind of expensive, but got a lot of people up to level 3. Then, I am sending out the assistant scout to recruit people up to the next level. You can do 25 at a time, and the cost is $60 each, so it's turned out to be relatively inexpensive, and a quick way to get every player within 400 miles up to level 4. There were only 32 levels to go up between every player in the 400 mile range. I started out doing 5 each, but then just went for the 25 since you don't get charged if he does not find anyone. So, really I could have just used him twice, which would take no time

So, for this who were worried about the time commitment and pressing multiple buttons, I would say if I knew this was how I was going to do it next time it would take:
1 minute to FSS
1 minute to select my camp
2 minutes to use the assistant
1 minute to navigate the screens.

So, I could have all of the scouting done in about 5 minutes to be where I normally am in the current game. Although actually, I am better off than the current game because I know the high highs and low lows.

I honestly didn't realize it was that fast. But it's really only 2-3 minutes longer than before, and I have more info.

8/13/2016 11:01 PM
Has Seble made a change that many coaches have been asking for forever that when a recruit signs he is immediately put on your roster or do you still have to wait until the recruiting session has ended? If everything is going to be spread out, it would be nice to go ahead and get those guys available for depth charts, practice plans, etc.
8/13/2016 11:06 PM
I would love to see that too. I did suggest today, as a matter of fact, that there would be a spot on your roster page, where a least it would show the incoming players. The first part of recruiting, and signings happen during the season, so you could not put them on the roster at that point, but it would be nice to see who has signed for next year, even during the current season.
8/13/2016 11:38 PM
I hope you're getting commission on any new/old coaches you get to HD.
8/14/2016 12:39 AM
I hope you're getting commission on any new/old coaches you get to HD.
8/14/2016 12:39 AM
LOL - yeah, that would be nice. I just love the game and it's more fun with more coaches, so if I can talk some into coming back, or keep some playing, that's a big plus to me. Plus, I am learning a lot just in researching everything, and thinking through it as I am typing, so I'll be a better coach, and that's a nice reward too. I was also appreciative that they let me take 3 teams in Beta.
8/14/2016 12:45 AM
Can we get this pinned?
8/14/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/13/2016 2:42:00 PM (view original):
I am getting ready to go out for a while, but when I get back, I am going to try something, and would encourage those of you who are going to stay to do the same. I am going to go back through the Wooden list of coaches from the past - you can see it on the coach records tab. Then I am going to site mail them, hoping it will go to their email as well. I'm going to tell them how things are changing and give them a link to this thread. maybe if they read all of the changes, some long time coaches who left in the past will come back and offset some of the ones who have said they will leave. We've all probably developed friendships with coaches who have left the game, so if we focus on those, we might actually be able to bring world populations up. I guess we could do it for all worlds, since they will all start rolling over now. I am going to do Wooden first since it is getting ready to roll over, and it looks like Rupp is coming very soon.
Any word back from those sitemails?
8/14/2016 12:05 PM
Not a single response yet. Many of them may not get site mails though in their email boxes. Hoping maybe some will see it soon though.
8/14/2016 12:19 PM
Thanks Chapel for the work! This is awesome and I'm looking forward to 3.0.
8/16/2016 1:13 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/13/2016 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Has Seble made a change that many coaches have been asking for forever that when a recruit signs he is immediately put on your roster or do you still have to wait until the recruiting session has ended? If everything is going to be spread out, it would be nice to go ahead and get those guys available for depth charts, practice plans, etc.
You cant do that because you are in season and already have a full roster.
8/16/2016 7:44 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.