Offense Changed - Bug? Topic

So I just submitted a ticket for this but wanted to see if anyone else had this happened to them.

This morning I got an email from my asst coach @ Chestnut saying I was playing fastbreak and sure enough, I played fastbreak for last night's game. I've only played Motion at Chestnut. I'm not sure how I did that but oh well.

Then I check my Ramapo's score and the same thing happened. I switched from Flex to Fastbreak for last night's game. Also, the tempo was changed from uptempo to normal.

Luckily, I still won both games. But what the heck happened here? There's no way I accidentally changed both of these last night. I could see one, but not two.
8/23/2016 6:55 AM
Hmmm....I didn't have offenses change...BUT...the best player on my Tark team was mysteriously off of my depth chart last game.
8/23/2016 8:48 AM
When I had a touch screen system, I had to watch for stuff like this because when I'd go to the Team Game Plan page the choice for offense appeared beneath it, which made it super easy to inadvertently change the offensive set I was running.
8/23/2016 5:22 PM
I see what you're saying rednu but it definitely wasn't that. My winning and losing late offense choice also changed to fast break. That'd be a lot of fat fingering going on.
8/23/2016 5:50 PM
Also I just noticed that all 3 of my teams have the same winning and losing adjustments for offense for 3 pt shooting frequency, points up/down. Everything exactly the same and they definitely weren't all the same before. Its like it got all reset or something. My 3rd team already runs FB FYI.

And I just noticed that all 3 of my teams were set to 0 for defense and all the other settings are exactly the same. Something definitely happened with the system.
8/23/2016 5:58 PM (edited)
Posted by Benis on 8/23/2016 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Also I just noticed that all 3 of my teams have the same winning and losing adjustments for offense for 3 pt shooting frequency, points up/down. Everything exactly the same and they definitely weren't all the same before. Its like it got all reset or something. My 3rd team already runs FB FYI.

And I just noticed that all 3 of my teams were set to 0 for defense and all the other settings are exactly the same. Something definitely happened with the system.
what the crap is going on! Wonder if Seble closed his eyes and punched lots of red buttons!
8/23/2016 6:00 PM
I'm just glad I won these games or else I'd be P ISSED right now.

I'm 100% sure it's an error by WIS. No way I'd run 0 against a team that doesn't shoot 3s and that I ran -2 against twice earlier in the season. And I played -2 in the game before so it's not like I forgot to change it.
8/23/2016 6:19 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/23/2016 6:19:00 PM (view original):

I'm 100% sure it's an error by WIS. No way I'd run 0 against a team that doesn't shoot 3s and that I ran -2 against twice earlier in the season. And I played -2 in the game before so it's not like I forgot to change it.
Did you have multiple windows open for several teams at the same time? I made that error once, and my game plan settings for one team saved for the other.
8/23/2016 7:46 PM
Posted by ggallagh on 8/23/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):

Did you have multiple windows open for several teams at the same time? I made that error once, and my game plan settings for one team saved for the other.
I would never change my offense though for any team. And if it was a one wrong click kind of mistake, maybe. But it changed my offense on the Winning and losing adjustments too.
8/23/2016 7:57 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/23/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):

I would never change my offense though for any team. And if it was a one wrong click kind of mistake, maybe. But it changed my offense on the Winning and losing adjustments too.
yeah, maybe I mis-wrote. I had two tabs open for my two D3 teams at the same time. I saved the game plan for the first team in Wooden, then went to the other game plan for Naismith without closing the tabs and saved the 2nd game plan. It then over wrote the game plan for my 1st team. I didn't realize it / didn't think to check the 1st team again & closed both tabs. When I woke the next day, both teams had played the 2nd game plan (off/def/3pt settings, etc)
8/23/2016 8:07 PM
Posted by ggallagh on 8/23/2016 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/23/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):

yeah, maybe I mis-wrote. I had two tabs open for my two D3 teams at the same time. I saved the game plan for the first team in Wooden, then went to the other game plan for Naismith without closing the tabs and saved the 2nd game plan. It then over wrote the game plan for my 1st team. I didn't realize it / didn't think to check the 1st team again & closed both tabs. When I woke the next day, both teams had played the 2nd game plan (off/def/3pt settings, etc)
Oh I see what you're saying. So my CNU settings could have overwritten my other 2 teams.
8/23/2016 8:17 PM
yes, I think that is what happened to me at the time because my settings for the two teams were identical, and my first team was running the same man-to-man defense, at the same setting as my second team, even though they usually ran press.
8/23/2016 8:35 PM
Posted by ggallagh on 8/23/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
yes, I think that is what happened to me at the time because my settings for the two teams were identical, and my first team was running the same man-to-man defense, at the same setting as my second team, even though they usually ran press.
This happened to me in recruiting once. That was less than ideal :)
8/23/2016 10:52 PM
Posted by ggallagh on 8/23/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Did you use player roles?
8/23/2016 11:12 PM
Offense Changed - Bug? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.