Seble - glitches here Topic

Posted by simpleton on 9/1/2016 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Apologize if this has already been brought up earlier in the thread, but on the 'my teams' drop-down from the game results page, the ranking of my team basically gives away the result before I've read the PBP. Example, I click on the 'my teams' drop-down this AM and see that my Tusculum team is ranked #4 but yesterday they were #7 so I already knew my team won. Not a huge deal compared to other glitches but of course it basically eliminates the reason why I enjoy reading through the PBP.

I can can work around it by going to a different page to get the PBP but it'd be great if the ranking is just eliminated from the 'my teams' drop-down.
Dropped 7 spots today, I was favored against an okay team by 12. Thought I could beat them by about 20. I was mad as I though I had somehow lost but had actually won by 6. There are drawbacks to your team being good!
9/1/2016 12:38 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 10:57:00 AM (view original):
"Wow. Utterly incompetent design flaw followed by a "um, well we screwed up and now you're screwed so meh" response. No attempt to fix this problem. Swell"

It was announced and announced. Save your bitterness for something that deserves it. It's out of place here.
Spud, is there any way for you to pause your Condescension setting for just one post? Especially given the facts here-

1. As other have asked, provide a link to the announcement. What I can say for certain is it isn't in the "What's Changing" page, nor in the "How to Scout and Recruit" page, which were the two links distributed to all players about the update.
2. Even if there was a mention of it somewhere, it's moronic to have Inform RS suddenly stop working as it's always worked. There's no way to depict that as a feature or a neutral change - it's a bug. So announcing "hey, we've introduced a really annoying bug that has nothing to do with the spirit of this update - enjoy!" would be equally deserving of bitterness - especially if I was kcden and my star recruit won't take the RS that I paid to ensure he would.
3. WIS has many times in the past been able to override a one-off error after the fact when it's brought up in a ticket. (I can think of a case years back when some of my potentials were displaying incorrectly at the beginning of a season. I contacted WIS and they manually fixed it for me.) I can think of no reason that shouldn't be the case here - instead of a shrug of the shoulders, WIS should simply apply what was paid for.
9/1/2016 1:14 PM
With all due respect, I'm not going to waste my time finding the place where the disconnect between HD Classic and HD 3.0 was announced. I saw it more than once, and I'm not privvy to any inside information. Search the forums if you want to see it that badly; it's there. Thanks.

"Spud, is there any way for you to pause your Condescension setting for just one post?" Call it whatever you want. When do you think the bitter posts will stop? Ever?
9/1/2016 1:33 PM (edited)
With all due respect, dont believe you. Specifically about inform of redshirt. Saw no such announcement in beta forum or regular forum.

Even if there was a mention, which, with all due respect, I dont believe, such a change deserves more than a mention.

With all due respect, are you remembering it from the beta forum - which was open only to beta participants? If so, useless.

Or, with all due respect, are you just making it up? That seems to be the likely answer given that a number of reasonably careful people saw no such thing.

9/1/2016 1:35 PM
Spud, I've now looked in the three most common places where the "disconnect" was publicized - the places where coaches were told to learn what 3.0 included. It's not in any of those. I also did searches on the forums for both "inform" and "redshirt" - no dice. Would it not be reasonable to expect a change as critical as this - the turning off of a recruiting tool - to be publicized in one of those places?

Also, my key point stands - regardless of whether or not it was publicized, it is clearly a glitch. Admin admits as much via their apology to kcden. So for you to say his comment was "out of place" on a post about "glitches"... well, any reasonable reader, including Admin, begs to differ.
9/1/2016 1:42 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 1:33:00 PM (view original):
With all due respect, I'm not going to waste my time finding the place where the disconnect between HD Classic and HD 3.0 was announced. I saw it more than once, and I'm not privvy to any inside information. Search the forums if you want to see it that badly; it's there. Thanks.

"Spud, is there any way for you to pause your Condescension setting for just one post?" Call it whatever you want. When do you think the bitter posts will stop? Ever?
LOL
9/1/2016 1:43 PM
Ok great. So you're saying it never was "announced and announced". Thx for your contributions here. Big help
9/1/2016 2:25 PM
Spud bringing his assclown hat to the regular forums? Guess now that BETA is dead he feels the need to enlighten the rest of the HD world with his useless commentary.
9/1/2016 2:38 PM
"Even if there was a mention, which, with all due respect, I dont believe, such a change deserves more than a mention."

It probably does. I'll grant you that. It could have been communicated better. I'll grant you that, too. But for some people to be aware that all or some of the recruiting efforts made before the switch were cancelled out during the switch, it had to be communicated, it wasn't just magic. Heck, it was even in my conference chat, posted by another coach. He got it somewhere around 8/23, he didn't just make it up. The scheduling and recruiting were all wiped out in the switch.

Or, if you all prefer, maybe I was wrong, so let's say it was never communicated anywhere and it will forever remain one of the mysteries of life how some people knew about it. I'm good with that, too.

Sorry to see the fifth grader troll has chimed in; I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I suppose there will be one or two more bitter, childish posts to follow.
9/1/2016 3:19 PM (edited)

When do you think the bitter posts will stop? Ever?

I dunno, when do you shut the **** up? Not having to read your drivel would go a long way to ending bitterness on my part for one...
9/1/2016 3:04 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 3:10:00 PM (view original):
"Even if there was a mention, which, with all due respect, I dont believe, such a change deserves more than a mention."

It probably does. I'll grant you that. It could have been communicated better. I'll grant you that, too. But for some people to be aware that all or some of the recruiting efforts made before the switch were cancelled out during the switch, it had to be communicated, it wasn't just magic. Heck, it was even in my conference chat, posted by another coach. He got it somewhere around 8/23, he didn't just make it up. The scheduling and recruiting were all wiped out in the switch.

Or, if you all prefer, let's say it was never communicated anywhere and it will forever remain one of the mysteries of life how some people knew about it. I'm good with that, too.

Sorry to see the fifth grader troll has chimed in; I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I suppose there will be one or two more bitter, childish posts to follow.
What's great about this is you genuinely think you're in the right.
9/1/2016 3:10 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 3:19:00 PM (view original):

Or, if you all prefer, maybe I was wrong, so let's say it was never communicated anywhere and it will forever remain one of the mysteries of life how some people knew about it. I'm good with that, too.

Spud - i think you are misunderstanding the issue being discussed

Your are right there was discussion that steps like scheduling and redshirt designations made before the world froze might be lost. That is not what this issue is about.

This issue is about a player for whom the inform of redshirt button was used during recruiting. And extra effort was devoted to make it work. The inform of redshirt button is supposed to make the player automatically accept a redshirt. The concern is that the inform of redshirt step taken in the course of recruiting isnt working post transition for that user.

You are very right that people said, hey my exhibition games were wiped out. And some people may have said after the world transitioned that they needed to reapply an actual redshirt

this is different and was never announced so far as I am aware.
9/1/2016 3:28 PM
"The concern is that the inform of redshirt step taken in the course of recruiting isnt working post transition for that user."

You are right that any continuing failure after the changeover was completed and unrelated to the changeover would be a different matter. Posts relating it to the changeover evidently caused some confusion, including mine. Thank you for the clarification.
9/1/2016 5:02 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):
"The concern is that the inform of redshirt step taken in the course of recruiting isnt working post transition for that user."

You are right that any continuing failure after the changeover was completed and unrelated to the changeover would be a different matter. Posts relating it to the changeover evidently caused some confusion, including mine. Thank you for the clarification.
Exactly one person was confused.
9/1/2016 5:17 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/1/2016 5:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):

Exactly one person was confused.
Right. Because no one in this thread was talking about the changeover, right?

"A world 3 issue, the world that is changing over or frozen right now, I gave out a redshirt, the recruit responded and accepted, but did not show up as a redshirt on my team pages. I suspect this is a changeover issue, but thought it was worth mentioning, that maybe not all functions were frozen?

Informing of redshirts did not carry over from the previous version. My recruit, whom I had spent $15k-$20k extra on to overcome the redshirt informing, rejected the redshirt.

seble should warn all users about this transition issue BEFORE the do their last cycle of recruiting in the classic game

Do you still have to MEET the promises? If not, then that should be considered a feature.
If the promises are not showing up, then they never happened.
Can someone verify that is the case .. promises don't care over and they will not be held against you.

promised start carried over in Rupp...

Minutes promise did as well..."

I guess they were confused, too.
9/1/2016 5:28 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Seble - glitches here Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.