Must be a simple answer Topic

When I change my team practice minutes, the study hall minutes change.
I can make no sense of this.
Help appreciated.
8/25/2016 6:10 PM
I guess the answer isn't so simple.

Support hasn't responded to my ticket either.
8/26/2016 1:19 AM
I took a look, it seems (I didn't realize this b4 your ?), that in the new engine (I assume you are talking about wooden, HD 3.0?), when one changes the team minutes, the game automatically changes the skill minutes, i.e. not just study hall, but everything.

A good way to see this happen (the game actually highlights for a moment what changed), just go on your team defense or offense and use the plus / minus button, the skill section will adjust back to 130 minutes.

Not sure if that answers your ? or not, generally I think this is a good change, if indeed it is supposed to work that way. I don't recall anyone mentioning this in the beta testing, but I didn't read all of the forums or even seble's communications, so I probably missed it.

Make sense?
8/26/2016 8:04 AM
there was an Optimize practice option in the beta but you needed to click on a button which then self-populated the minutes for all players.
Sounds like that may be running automatically. Intentional or not.
8/26/2016 8:27 AM
Posted by oldwarrior on 8/26/2016 8:27:00 AM (view original):
there was an Optimize practice option in the beta but you needed to click on a button which then self-populated the minutes for all players.
Sounds like that may be running automatically. Intentional or not.
Luckily, it seems to follow the pattern I set, so if I had, for discussion sake, 20/20 on team stuff, and all 90 of my pts on perimeter, if I dropped offense to 19, PER would rise to 91 - I never tried this, but it appeared my base setup stayed in place, and the only things that changed were the biggest numbers with each update to the team settings.

Again, not sure I worded it perfectly, hope it makes sense.

And yes, it appears to be some form of auto optimize running. If so, I doubt it is supposed to be running? My beta team worked the same way, I just checked. I don't recall that being the case earlier, but then again, didn't tend to change practice plans that much in beta?
8/26/2016 9:37 AM
There is logic in place to auto change your player's practice minutes when you change your team practice minutes. It will use the values you have previously set to determine which values to increment and by how much.

If any of you would not like this to happen, there is a User Setting to turn it off. Look for the "Practice Plan Formula Mode".
8/26/2016 10:11 AM
Posted by cwisniewski on 8/26/2016 10:11:00 AM (view original):
There is logic in place to auto change your player's practice minutes when you change your team practice minutes. It will use the values you have previously set to determine which values to increment and by how much.

If any of you would not like this to happen, there is a User Setting to turn it off. Look for the "Practice Plan Formula Mode".
thx. It really is sort of handy. I'm going to leave mine on.
8/26/2016 12:56 PM
Posted by cwisniewski on 8/26/2016 10:11:00 AM (view original):

Where do you find the "Practice Plan Formula Mode"??
It is not intuitive or evident.
And this feature certainly isn't "handy".
8/27/2016 5:08 PM
Must be a simple answer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.