Still fairly new to HD,but is this really a thing? Topic

I arrived for my first season at IBA world at Div II Alaska-Fairbanks. Went through recruiting two players for two openings. No biggie. And then after recruiting ends I get this message from one my newly recruited players:

Hey coach - I thought it may come down to this. I really wish I would have qualified so I could play for you next season but the key is that I do need to play next season. JUCO ball seems like my only option at this point. Let's stay in touch - good luck next season.

And another similar one from the other player. And now I am assigned to two scrub walk on players? WT(actual) fuq? Is this seriously a thing?
9/20/2016 7:40 AM
When you were recruiting them...did you notice they were listed as "ineligible"? You took a chance and he didn't qualify. Yes, it's real.
9/20/2016 7:43 AM
if you have been in DIII, you would not have met this. The issue arises in DII and DI

See FAQ for more.
9/20/2016 7:48 AM
this is pretty bad luck. I have recruited many ineligibles and most seem to show up (they would then sit out the season but they are on your roster). to get 2 that both go juco in the season is rare.
9/20/2016 9:02 AM
at D2 in Alaska he probably spent very little effort to sign these 2. I'm not at all surprised they didn't stay.
If he recruited 2 Ineligibles, one was going juco positively. The other was probably 50/50 or less.
9/20/2016 9:25 AM
Posted by zags27 on 9/20/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):
at D2 in Alaska he probably spent very little effort to sign these 2. I'm not at all surprised they didn't stay.
If he recruited 2 Ineligibles, one was going juco positively. The other was probably 50/50 or less.
At the start of 3.0 beta, teams routinely got multiple inels on campus in the same season. I don't know if that ever changed, but it was different from 2.0.
9/20/2016 12:15 PM
Along those lines, in 3.0 do you have to rediscover prior signees that went juco?
9/20/2016 12:20 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 9/20/2016 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Along those lines, in 3.0 do you have to rediscover prior signees that went juco?
Seems we won't know that for a while. The Jucos that would have carried over seem to be disappearing with the rollover.
9/20/2016 12:30 PM
How do I know if they are Ineligibles?
9/20/2016 4:46 PM
When you recruit them, there will be a red pencil listed by their icons like how many years of HS eligibility they have.

https://imgur.com/a/IkYHo
9/20/2016 4:59 PM (edited)
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/20/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
When you recruit them, there will be a red pencil listed by their icons like how many years of HS eligibility they have.

https://imgur.com/a/IkYHo
Thanks. I appreciate that.
9/20/2016 8:08 PM
Still fairly new to HD,but is this really a thing? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.