Posted by brianxavier on 9/21/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
my reluctance has always been the learning curve. in hoops, it seems like the player ratings aren't as overwhelming. but every time I've looked at Hardball, it seems like so many ratings to assess. but, with dropping all my teams except 1 in Hoops, maybe I'll have some time to try it.
Hardball is fun. I had to get out because just like Roto, I obsess too much over fantasy baseball in any form it seems.

The learning curve can be steep. You'll get some insanely lopsided (and not in a good way) trades thrown at you the first season as everyone assumes you're an idiot and tries to pick off your quality players. It was a fun game that I didn't see too many issues with...loved the Diamonds in the Rough feature, although it rarely made a huge difference. The prep for the draft can be as crazy time-intensive as you want it to be or relatively painless.
9/21/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 9/20/2016 4:39:00 PM (view original):
I have thought of trying Hardball dynasty... anyone enjoy that WIS product?
HBD is awesome just very complex. HD is checkers by comparison.
9/22/2016 12:55 AM
HBD is WAY more complex than HD.....it can be fun but there is a ton of randomness in that game that can be frustrating
9/22/2016 2:33 AM
I've already moved on to OOTP 17 (Out of the Park Baseball).

I've looked around for good college basketball sims, but unfortunately as others have pointed out, all the decent ones don't run on a Mac. Looks like I'll just be directing the time I once spent on HD towards OOTP and fantasy football.
9/22/2016 12:49 PM
I am the commissioner of Shtickless Hardball - we have 4 current openings - if you are interested sitemail me, I'll personally answer any and all HBD questions as a mentor!
9/22/2016 1:09 PM
Posted by joeykw18 on 9/22/2016 2:33:00 AM (view original):
HBD is WAY more complex than HD.....it can be fun but there is a ton of randomness in that game that can be frustrating
Yeah, I was going to say, if you can't tolerate reliance on probabilities in HD 3.0, you're going to hate hardball dynasty. Stay away.
9/22/2016 1:09 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 9/22/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I was going to say, if you can't tolerate reliance on probabilities in HD 3.0, you're going to hate hardball dynasty. Stay away.
While I hate random injuries as they seem to sabotage my best prospects, the overall HBD experience of player development is very rewarding.
9/22/2016 1:11 PM
Posted by vandydave on 9/22/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 9/22/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
While I hate random injuries as they seem to sabotage my best prospects, the overall HBD experience of player development is very rewarding.
So the change to fuzzy prospect ratings, and irregular development doesn't bother you?
9/22/2016 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.