great answer from the chat Topic

On moving beyond top 100 - "It's what scouting is for." Maybe if you are sitting in a basement with hours to devote to the game. But I don't think that fits most coaches. You need to streamline this ! ! ! (boobyknight - Hall of Famer - 12:54 PM)

The sentiment you share here is an important one to discuss. If veteran coaches try to scout/recruit players like they always have, they will share your feelings. It takes some time to adjust to the new system. Once one adjusts to the new system and learns how to use it appropriately, you'll discover it takes less time to scout/recruit and is more spread out during the season. That was one of our goals of the update. But it requires a philosophy change for our veteran owners, and we know that can be difficult. We have many dedicated HD coaches in our office that play this game and many others, and usability and efficiency is what we're always after. We believe that has been accomplished (yes, it can still improve), but the change in mindset is needed.

9/27/2016 1:36 PM
So true. While I do spend a little bit more time scouting, I no longer have the occasional scenario of having to do all my scouting in a day or two... And, more importantly, I enjoy it more. It's all about adapting to the new system and coming up with new ways to organize the information you are collecting.
9/27/2016 2:00 PM
Posted by franklynne on 9/27/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):

On moving beyond top 100 - "It's what scouting is for." Maybe if you are sitting in a basement with hours to devote to the game. But I don't think that fits most coaches. You need to streamline this ! ! ! (boobyknight - Hall of Famer - 12:54 PM)

The sentiment you share here is an important one to discuss. If veteran coaches try to scout/recruit players like they always have, they will share your feelings. It takes some time to adjust to the new system. Once one adjusts to the new system and learns how to use it appropriately, you'll discover it takes less time to scout/recruit and is more spread out during the season. That was one of our goals of the update. But it requires a philosophy change for our veteran owners, and we know that can be difficult. We have many dedicated HD coaches in our office that play this game and many others, and usability and efficiency is what we're always after. We believe that has been accomplished (yes, it can still improve), but the change in mindset is needed.

I do not understand question at all.
9/27/2016 3:18 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/27/2016 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 9/27/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):

I do not understand question at all.
Well, there isn't actually a question there so don't feel too bad.
9/27/2016 3:35 PM
The query plays off WIS' answer to an earlier question in the DevChat.
9/27/2016 6:05 PM
My favorite answer :

Why did you get rid of post-season conference cash? What's the incentive now to join other humans in a conference? (calman877 - Pro - 12:12 PM)

We removed it because of the snowball effect it had. The incentive for playing in a conference with others is the enjoyment factor of competing and corresponding with others. As we begin our marketing initiative across FOX Sports, we expect an influx of new coaches to the game. (currently waiting on the last two worlds to upgrade).

That's where I went wrong. I thought we were actually trying to win in this game. Silly silly. Should have asked why they moved the conference chat to a separate page if they wanted to keep us "corresponding".

9/27/2016 7:42 PM
Posted by noleaniml on 9/27/2016 2:00:00 PM (view original):
So true. While I do spend a little bit more time scouting, I no longer have the occasional scenario of having to do all my scouting in a day or two... And, more importantly, I enjoy it more. It's all about adapting to the new system and coming up with new ways to organize the information you are collecting.
And not having to do the first recruiting actions in a two hour window. Now we have 9 hours. Personally, I'd like to see that go to 24 hours.
9/28/2016 8:27 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/27/2016 7:42:00 PM (view original):
My favorite answer :

Why did you get rid of post-season conference cash? What's the incentive now to join other humans in a conference? (calman877 - Pro - 12:12 PM)

We removed it because of the snowball effect it had. The incentive for playing in a conference with others is the enjoyment factor of competing and corresponding with others. As we begin our marketing initiative across FOX Sports, we expect an influx of new coaches to the game. (currently waiting on the last two worlds to upgrade).

That's where I went wrong. I thought we were actually trying to win in this game. Silly silly. Should have asked why they moved the conference chat to a separate page if they wanted to keep us "corresponding".

Friendship Dynasty
9/28/2016 9:07 AM
I fail to see how scouting is supposed to take less time. How can this system improve on the grand total of 10-15 minutes it used to take to scout and prioritize my entire recruiting list? And can they please stop with this refrain that it will make recruiting easier for new coaches? It's a constant tag line it seems, but far removed from reality.

No need to answer my issues though since I will be gone soon anyhow. I just can't take this fantasy world WIS employees are living in. That's what you get when you institute the brainchild of someone who is leaving his job and has no investment in the success of his update.
9/28/2016 9:09 AM
My favorite is when people tell me about how it is so much faster to scout in the new system, when that is virtually impossible since you have to take all of the same actions as the old system, except now you have to determine how far you want to scout a recruit, or multiple recruits and how many new recruits you want to look for with each scouting action.

Does anyone else wish when looking at the recruit pool that the headings (ath/spd/def/reb etc) were not so far between? As I'm looking at the list of recruits, I can either make the text small so I can fit the headers into 1 screen, or keep scrolling up and down so I can tell which column I'm looking at. I also didn't understand why they flipped the offense and defensive categories when looking at the recruits. For ease of transition (or just 1 less thing to adjust to), if they swapped those 2 sections, it would be in nearly the same order as it was before, except for stamina and durability.
9/28/2016 9:19 PM
great answer from the chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.