Posted by poncho0091 on 9/30/2016 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/30/2016 6:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 9/30/2016 2:48:00 AM (view original):
Seble can go **** himself. Ruined an entirely good game. I can't even see all of the recruits because of his stubborn attempt to revamp recruiting. And for what? There was no change in prestige, eliminated all the postseason cash. And the retarded flip a coin logic to see who gets a recruit. No recruit that was undecided between 2 schools has ever flipped a coin to decide where to go. I bet he got fired because of all of the complaints. He just shows up out of nowhere after 5 years, tell us we're going to do this and we're going to get started next month, then it's 3 months, then it's 6 months and finally implemented it a year later. And I can understand theonly's frustration and don't blame him one bit for being ****** off. It's not by accident that this many people are leaving the game.
So leave already so the rest of us can use the forums to play the current game. We want to pay our money to play a game we enjoy and use the forums to play the game and share information.

Instead of standing on the street corner prophesying that the end is near.. Stop paying money and stop playing the game.

If enough people stop playing and if enough new players don't show up to make up the difference then WIS will lose money. They either will or will not lose money in the long run. The game will either shut down or continue in the long run. They will either advertise or they won't.

I can tell you this. WIS completely filled D3 in a world and very few stayed from that effort. WIS wants to make changes to fix that, and they made changes. You don't have to like it. But some of us DO like it.

Those of us who want to play the current game deserve a place we can go where we can actually have a forum for game play.

Please ask WIS to create a prophecy of doom forum and take your prophesy of doom posts there where like minded doomsayers can post whatever they want.. And for God's sake let us use the HD forum for playing HD.

If the game goes TITSUP because not enough people pay to play, then I will find something else to spend my time and money on. While it is not TITSUP, how about you let the people who want to pay money and play the game do do.
So everyone else who has put their time and money into the game, and used to also enjoy sharing information on the forums should just suck it up, because, some people like the new update. Screw the guys who liked the game.

I'm not sure where you got that they filled DIII, because I have teams in DIII, and it was not filled anytime in the last few years. In addition, the only reason there was an increase is because it was FREEHD, and we all know a large portion of FREEHD is just existing users trying to game the system, or start new teams. I remember one guy who used FREEHD to make about 6 or 7 different screennames so he could maintain one team. The new update is not going to retain more users, and if anything is going to **** someone off the first time they realize the random roll of recruiting with the preferences.
If it's not 100% deterministic in recruiting then it's just random?
10/1/2016 7:44 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/1/2016 2:30:00 AM (view original):
Except the problem is .. those of you that want to vent do so in every thread.

People complained that GD was a coin flip. Does pete_61 look like a coin flip for Div-2? Maybe pete_61 in 1AA or this 1AA. Maybe pete_61 in 1A? Looks like he has a two headed coin, no?
You are right. Coin flip = bad analogy

It's a roll of the dice. Same general concept.
10/1/2016 9:12 AM
Right, coin flip is a terrible and misleading analogy. Coin flip keeps getting repeated hete purposely to mislead people about 3.0...

The dice roll is a perfect anaolgy. Ideally, you want your rival to have to roll snake eyes to win. This would give you a 97.3 percent chance of winning that battle. If you have those great odds, yeah, every so often ypur rival will get lucky and win.

The key is to find a good balance of what the percentage should be depending on recruiting effort.

I still like my idea of setting player preferences to include Erratic Signing Tendencies... recruits can be highly erratic, very loyal, or somewhere in between. This would allow owners to avoid potentially annoying decisions.
10/1/2016 10:16 AM
Coin flip isn't being intentionally misused, it's being used as a broad term to represent somewhere around an even odds chance between schools in a recruiting battle, and the math dorks get riled up about it every single time.
10/1/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 10/1/2016 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Right, coin flip is a terrible and misleading analogy. Coin flip keeps getting repeated hete purposely to mislead people about 3.0...

The dice roll is a perfect anaolgy. Ideally, you want your rival to have to roll snake eyes to win. This would give you a 97.3 percent chance of winning that battle. If you have those great odds, yeah, every so often ypur rival will get lucky and win.

The key is to find a good balance of what the percentage should be depending on recruiting effort.

I still like my idea of setting player preferences to include Erratic Signing Tendencies... recruits can be highly erratic, very loyal, or somewhere in between. This would allow owners to avoid potentially annoying decisions.
But its not happening every so often....it is happening around 1 in 3.
10/1/2016 11:44 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 10/1/2016 11:44:00 AM (view original):

But its not happening every so often....it is happening around 1 in 3.
right, a correct sensible balance has to be found. it shouldn't be as common as it's been happening.

10/1/2016 11:54 AM
But that's the million dollar question. What's sensible? Too high and it's absurd, too low and people will be reluctant to take risks and battle. I'm not convinced 30% isn't reasonable.
10/1/2016 12:02 PM

I like that idea npb. Not sure the powers that be will (or lets say, even if I were the powers that be, that I would enact it), but it sure is worth you pushing it, either in it's own thread or in a ticket. I really like when guys think of ideas to help things, even if the ideas aren't perfect, sometimes an idea like yours can help others think of even better ones, in a get the ball rolling sort of way. Good job.
10/1/2016 12:08 PM
Keep in mind that I think many people aren't envisioning the high versus very high thing correctly. It's more like what potential has with the categories which are markers for certain span of space on a continuum not distinct categories that don't touch each other so very high and high could mean two things that are extremely far apart from each other or two things that are very close to each other it doesn't always mean the same thing.
10/1/2016 12:24 PM (edited)
Posted by arssanguinus on 10/1/2016 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Keep in mind that I think many people aren't envisioning the high versus very high thing correctly. It's more like what potential has with the categories which are markers for certain span of space on a continuum not distinct categories that don't touch each other so very high and high could mean two things that are extremely far apart from each other or two things that are very close to each other it doesn't always mean the same thing.
People aren't envisioning VH/H as intended because WIS hasn't once articulated a logical explanation of why the game was designed this way. "#Realism!" isn't reflected in this model.

I think we all agree it would be realistic for a recruit to occasionally ignore his listed preferences. For example, a kid could be more interested in UCLA than Kansas specifically because of the weather and girls, despite Kansas' superior Loyal Coach or Play Style. But if a kid has "high interest" in UCLA and "very high interest" in Kansas, and the kid only gets to choose once, it continues to make absolutely 0% sense for the kid to go to the H school instead of the VH school he was more interested in.

WIS's error is in its phrasing. It would be an easy and sensible fix to turn "Interest" into "CI Signing Likelihood" or something that shows Interest is measured from an outsider's perspective. But that kind of change doesn't seem like it's on the horizon.

Illogical, poorly-explained rules don't make for a successful online game. WIS still hasn't updated the HD FAQ for 3.0. That needs to be a priority, and it needs to clearly explain this VH/H business and why it makes sense.
10/1/2016 1:16 PM
Or perhaps people need to lighten up and stop trying to get hyper technical. I know you really want a 100 percent certainty of the higher point value winning every time but, oh well. There is no wxplaination that could be given that would satisfy someone who doesn't want anything but complete capitulation to their desires.
10/1/2016 1:41 PM
Posted by arssanguinus on 10/1/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Or perhaps people need to lighten up and stop trying to get hyper technical. I know you really want a 100 percent certainty of the higher point value winning every time but, oh well. There is no wxplaination that could be given that would satisfy someone who doesn't want anything but complete capitulation to their desires.
WIS agrees with you.
10/1/2016 2:01 PM
best explanations of the new game have come from customers

lead WIS staffer on new game leaves days after launch

even if you like the decisions embedded in the new game, this is no way to run a railroad
10/1/2016 2:04 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 10/1/2016 12:08:00 PM (view original):

I like that idea npb. Not sure the powers that be will (or lets say, even if I were the powers that be, that I would enact it), but it sure is worth you pushing it, either in it's own thread or in a ticket. I really like when guys think of ideas to help things, even if the ideas aren't perfect, sometimes an idea like yours can help others think of even better ones, in a get the ball rolling sort of way. Good job.
I like this a lot too!
10/1/2016 2:08 PM
we have to get out of high versus very high debate and consider teams that are high to very high are on his signing list.
10/1/2016 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.