Gentlemen: Lend Me Your Ears Topic

I guess some people believe a coin has one side. I am not of that opinion. Nor am I a WIS apologist. Nor do I blindly criticize them, whining and crying my way out the door, like so many around here. I just believe in looking at all sides of a matter.
9/29/2016 2:23 PM
I'd have to agree. 'The customer is always right' is a bit of bull. They shouldn't be entitled to respect or politeness they don't give themselves.

(note I al not claiming AB didi this in the slightest, just stating a general principle)
9/29/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/29/2016 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I guess some people believe a coin has one side. I am not of that opinion. Nor am I a WIS apologist. Nor do I blindly criticize them, whining and crying my way out the door, like so many around here. I just believe in looking at all sides of a matter.
if a wis staff member wanted to create an alias account and post anonymously in the forums it would likely look identical to your posts. Perhaps too similar.
9/29/2016 2:53 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 9/29/2016 2:49:00 PM (view original):
I'd have to agree. 'The customer is always right' is a bit of bull. They shouldn't be entitled to respect or politeness they don't give themselves.

(note I al not claiming AB didi this in the slightest, just stating a general principle)
The Consumer is Boss.

I agree they should be entitled to respect but if they aren't being given it, they MUST take the high road. They should say - "sorry that you feel that way. We will refund your money and part ways because clearly you are unhappy and I can't do anything for you". And if that doesn't work, just ban them. They have the power. Fighting back with verbal attacks shouldn't be done by a business.

Now, I suppose there are extenuating circumstances like if you're a waiter and a customer came up to you and threw split pea soup in your face and kicked you in the crotch, you're allowed to defend yourself.

Not saying this did or didn't happen in this particular case with AB but just my 2 cents on this topic.
9/29/2016 2:59 PM
Successful professional organizations fire customers all the time. Suggesting this shouldn't be done is naïve.
9/29/2016 3:03 PM
Posted by vandydave on 9/29/2016 2:53:00 PM (view original):
if a wis staff member wanted to create an alias account and post anonymously in the forums it would likely look identical to your posts. Perhaps too similar.
Thank you. As still a relative newcomer, I don't think I deserve that much credit, but thank you all the same.
9/29/2016 3:24 PM
Amazing how little time it took you to go from claiming not to be a WIS apologist to being proud of sounding like a paid propagandist.
9/29/2016 3:30 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/29/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 9/29/2016 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Thank you. As still a relative newcomer, I don't think I deserve that much credit, but thank you all the same.
Got it, you self-identify as a wis apologist.
9/29/2016 3:31 PM
I'll just come out and say it, until given evidence otherwise I think the coachspud account is purely an attempt for wis propaganda/apologist commentary - what I don't know is who (or how many people) is propping it up. For the integrity of wis I hope wis has no connection to this.
9/29/2016 3:35 PM
Conspiracy theory number ... whatever: Taylor Swift and Ricardo Montalban are one and the same person. They have never been seen in the same room together. This now becomes the most credible conspiracy theory in this thread.

Sorry these guys hijacked your thread, ab. I think what you're proposing has merit if it is something WIS allows. You're going out in a much better manner than the perpetual whiners.
9/29/2016 4:40 PM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/29/2016 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Conspiracy theory number ... whatever: Taylor Swift and Ricardo Montalban are one and the same person. They have never been seen in the same room together. This now becomes the most credible conspiracy theory in this thread.

Sorry these guys hijacked your thread, ab. I think what you're proposing has merit. You're going out in a much better manner than the perpetual whiners.
Fact in less than a year...Oct 2016 joined....spud has accomplished nothing but shill for WIS
9/29/2016 4:38 PM
I do see a post above from tom zentmeyer about how WIS is in good hands. I was in an HBD world with Tom this year. Tom abandoned his team.

WIS is in good hands, indeed.
9/29/2016 5:00 PM
spud doesn't deny having some sort of internal connection to wis or wis leadership, or having an agenda on behalf of wis, or possibly being a collection of users for an alias - got it.
9/29/2016 6:48 PM (edited)
Spud doesn't deny being the King of Prussia, or being along for the ride when Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon, you putz.

Now how about giving ab90 back his thread ...
9/29/2016 6:59 PM
Will do. But, why would anyone want HD credits? Crazy wis won't let you transfer credits between wis games.
9/29/2016 7:09 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Gentlemen: Lend Me Your Ears Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.