Question re: 2nd Recruiting Period Topic

When do signings start in the 2nd period? Do I have time to get APs up in a secondary target and unlock actions before signings start again, or do signings start immediately?
10/2/2016 7:46 AM
Signings are immediate.
10/2/2016 8:48 AM
Really? That really seems to screw folks who have EEs.
10/2/2016 10:29 AM
I've been pushing for a signings- free cycle, and adding various level jucos specifically for the second period, mostly to make it playable for coaches who change jobs. Obviously it would help with early entries as well. They're considering some things, but they want to see how it plays out in the live world before implementing any long-term structural changes.
10/2/2016 10:35 AM
They CAN be immediate and sometimes they sign 1st cycle. But there is some logic variance built in that determines when they will sign. It could be 1st cycle of 2nd session or it could be the 4th. Can't say for sure.
10/2/2016 11:42 AM
Posted by johnsensing on 10/2/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
That was an issue that was put forth during testing and which seble didn't want to address.
10/2/2016 1:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by pkoopman on 10/2/2016 10:35:00 AM (view original):
I've been pushing for a signings- free cycle, and adding various level jucos specifically for the second period, mostly to make it playable for coaches who change jobs. Obviously it would help with early entries as well. They're considering some things, but they want to see how it plays out in the live world before implementing any long-term structural changes.
I really like this idea.
10/2/2016 2:38 PM
Ees is still problematic, new jobs too. It is now 5 years instead of 4 when you take over a program since second period recruiting is basically crap
10/2/2016 2:39 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/2/2016 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Ees is still problematic, new jobs too. It is now 5 years instead of 4 when you take over a program since second period recruiting is basically crap
Always comes back to the "how close to real life should HD be" question. IRL the recruiting pool is smaller when you take a new job versus already having been there. Additionally, EEs is similar. The difference is IRL you can over sign and Crean players to make room if you have too many players.
10/2/2016 3:30 PM
Posted by zhawks on 10/2/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Always comes back to the "how close to real life should HD be" question. IRL the recruiting pool is smaller when you take a new job versus already having been there. Additionally, EEs is similar. The difference is IRL you can over sign and Crean players to make room if you have too many players.
But unlike real life you can take over a team full of players that don't have any business playing even high school ball and belong in a local Y.
10/2/2016 3:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Benis on 10/2/2016 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 10/2/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):
But unlike real life you can take over a team full of players that don't have any business playing even high school ball and belong in a local Y.
I too am interested in seeing how that works in regards to cutting players with the new system in place.
10/2/2016 3:53 PM
What happens to all the attention and effort poured into players in the first period? Do those players sign in the second period or are you starting over?
10/2/2016 3:56 PM
Posted by acn24 on 10/2/2016 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 10/2/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
That was an issue that was put forth during testing and which seble didn't want to address.
I have one open scholly and expect 4-5 EEs, which makes this system impossible. I guess they are doing their best to make sure that never happens again for elite teams.
10/2/2016 4:11 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Question re: 2nd Recruiting Period Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.