This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
32 bcs slots open

I'm trying one more season just to see 2d period recruiting, but expect maryland to open next time

10/3/2016 4:36 AM
coaches per BCS

ACC 7/12
B12 10/12
BIGE 5/12
B12 8/12
P12 6/12
SEC 4/12

10/3/2016 4:40 AM
Posted by pallas on 10/3/2016 3:12:00 AM (view original):
Jobs just opened up in Wooden. A TON of coaches are gone, across all three divisions. I don't think that many people would've just forgotten to renew. Is something going on?
nothing that I can think of. strange...
10/3/2016 5:09 AM
It's mostly the whiners leaving, majority of which are the long time coaches who were plopped in their cushy A/A+ jobs and used to 5-star recruits just falling in their laps season after season. Now that things have changed and become more of a level playing field, they are no longer interested in playing.
10/3/2016 5:27 AM
Posted by jamesny27 on 10/3/2016 5:27:00 AM (view original):
It's mostly the whiners leaving, majority of which are the long time coaches who were plopped in their cushy A/A+ jobs and used to 5-star recruits just falling in their laps season after season. Now that things have changed and become more of a level playing field, they are no longer interested in playing.
Replace "whiners" with "long time customers"
10/3/2016 7:54 AM
I hazard to get involved with this conversion, however ...

If some of the long time customers were consistently earning significant credits due to their jobs at Super 6 conferences, I doubt that the powers that be at WIS would be all that concerned about their potential exodus from the system. Potentially, WIS believes that that they were not making money off of you (those who were earning significant credits due to Super 6 jobs) with the previous system, so why continue to sustain a dying business model. If new users do not feel that they can make progress in the game given that recruiting was stacked against users who were not in power conferences with massive recruiting $$$, they are less willing to invest into the system. Granted, their current model may or may not work, but it's far too early to tell. Given the number of people who are cashing out their credits, WIS may be pleased that you won't continue to accumulate credits because there are other users who will want your Super 6 jobs who are paying into the system.

Furthermore, with the bitterness and vitriol on the board, I'm sure that most of you want the process to fail quickly. However, there should be some attempt to understand why they decided to change the game instead of the constant hateful threads that have become commonplace on the board. If you want to ruin the game for people who actually enjoy it and are open to the changes, it says a lot more about how you are as a person than how WIS is as a company.
10/3/2016 8:36 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
last season in wooden d1/d2/d3 - 115/104/85, this season 87/77/60 so far, that is 80 of 304 coaches, pretty close to the 25% number that some predicted. There still are quite a few fence sitters, important to keep them engaged. I recommend to those who like the game to stop trying to belittle those with issues about the update, and to start taking some of the concerns seriously. All the posting characterizing those who raise issues about the game as 'whiners' and 'haters' and such does nothing to help the game, and only adds fuel to the fire. There are some coaches who are doing a great job at looking forward and helping the game, the one that comes to mind who is worth copying is Chappel.

10/3/2016 8:43 AM
Our d3 New Jersey conf lost 5 long time coaches, at minimum. Everyone cutting back or getting out entirely. Was a fun conference too. We were usually the top RPI conference.
10/3/2016 8:44 AM
Posted by oldresorter on 10/3/2016 8:43:00 AM (view original):
last season in wooden d1/d2/d3 - 115/104/85, this season 87/77/60 so far, that is 80 of 304 coaches, pretty close to the 25% number that some predicted. There still are quite a few fence sitters, important to keep them engaged. I recommend to those who like the game to stop trying to belittle those with issues about the update, and to start taking some of the concerns seriously. All the posting characterizing those who raise issues about the game as 'whiners' and 'haters' and such does nothing to help the game, and only adds fuel to the fire. There are some coaches who are doing a great job at looking forward and helping the game, the one that comes to mind who is worth copying is Chappel.

This can be said in reverse 1000 times over for a lot of the veterans that are leaving.
10/3/2016 8:47 AM

S. Atlantic and GLV had a combined 20 or 21 coaches a couple years ago. Now we have 9! These were the Top 2 RPI conferences in Wooden DII.
10/3/2016 8:48 AM
Posted by ardthomp on 10/3/2016 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by oldresorter on 10/3/2016 8:43:00 AM (view original):

This can be said in reverse 1000 times over for a lot of the veterans that are leaving.
1000 times?

Seriously?

The point again was to try to keep the fence sitters. IMO the fence sitters are on the fence due to issues with the game, in many cases the same issues that the unfairly characterized 'whiners' and 'haters' raised.

And, since 25% of the coaches are gone, there is very little point in worrying about the 'reverse' position, they are basically not going to matter soon.

Oh well, I tried.

10/3/2016 9:02 AM
Here is the other thing. People say that the long time owners were sitting on tons of credits and it was an unsustainable model, but them leaving doesn't change WIS income. They are still giving out the same amount of credits each season, so those will just go to other users now (who used to be paying) and their revenue is going to decrease.

The side effect is that some of us long time users who aren't on that top level, like myself, liked playing with some of these guys, and seeing tons of openings could dissuade them from continuing to play because they liked the camaraderie as much as anything else. Now, I personally, am not going anywhere yet, I just bought another 10 pack, but if these owners who left don't get replaced by the time that 10 pack is up, then we have a problem.
10/3/2016 9:03 AM
It's also problematic that the exodus is across all levels. That puts the Big6 5 star recruit theory to rest. Unless every big6 coach also had multiple teams in lower divisions.
10/3/2016 9:13 AM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.