This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Benis -
pin that post
+1000
10/13/2016 11:31 AM
You guys should be hired by the media... as the official fact checkers. It would be really funny if we watched the debate and could see at the bottom actual quotes by Donald and Hillary and have them comment on those quotes.
10/13/2016 11:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
S: "you should see how nicely a lot of the hate posts fade into faint background noise"
N: "if what I said was indiscernable white-noise"

That looks like you have identified your own post as one of those I referred to. Well, I guess you know your own heart.

BTW, background noise and white noise are not synonymous. And you can spare us all your self-righteous lectures; to the small extent that anyone cares (I certainly don't), they do nothing but hijack the thread and add to the toxicity of the forums. Going forward, I'll be discussing the game and ignoring the background noise as well as I can.
10/13/2016 10:15 PM
Posted by p6453 on 10/12/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 10/12/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
spud could be nicer but i do relate to his annoyance/frustration at seeing the continuous stream of the exact same topic here.
I think that's one of the bigger problems right now... every thread spirals into the same argument. There are too many knowledgeable Coaches in here, regardless of experience, for so much venom to be spewed. I think it falls on all of us to straighten this place up.
in my experience, best way to straighten a place up is to ignore posts that are troublemaking rather than substance - debating and attacking such posts acheives little

there are some useful threads about how 3.0 works
10/14/2016 6:30 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 10/14/2016 6:30:00 AM (view original):
spud could be nicer but i do relate to his annoyance/frustration at seeing the continuous stream of the exact same topic here.
I think that's one of the bigger problems right now... every thread spirals into the same argument. There are too many knowledgeable Coaches in here, regardless of experience, for so much venom to be spewed. I think it falls on all of us to straighten this place up.
in my experience, best way to straighten a place up is to ignore posts that are troublemaking rather than substance - debating and attacking such posts acheives little

Very true. Here's one of the best:
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=495608

Good luck to all.
10/14/2016 10:47 AM

but when the "debating" stops the implied understanding is either than all are in agreement or there is nothing amiss with the game. i'm not saying antagonistic debating, but all of the "just go away" posts from 3.0 loyalists are essentially hoping to paint an untrue impression of 3.0 for cosmetic appearances.
10/14/2016 1:00 PM
What is the motivation for "3.0 loyalists" (LOL) trying to paint an untrue impression of HD3 for cosmetic appearances?
10/14/2016 1:06 PM
all of the "new coaches will come to the forums and see this and not want to get a team" posts or some other perception that coaches can't think for themselves type reasoning...
10/14/2016 1:10 PM
Posted by noleaniml on 10/14/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
What is the motivation for "3.0 loyalists" (LOL) trying to paint an untrue impression of HD3 for cosmetic appearances?
Couldn't hack in the old game, and now need the lift up from the current programming???
10/14/2016 1:10 PM
Posted by jpmills3 on 10/14/2016 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by noleaniml on 10/14/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Couldn't hack in the old game, and now need the lift up from the current programming???
But that assumes that they will, indeed, gain a lift from the current version- which I find doubtful. A redistribution of resources is just that, it does nothing to determine how skilled people will be in using those resources. Anyway- what would be the point of painting the new system as better or worse in that case? It would be irrelevant.
10/14/2016 1:19 PM
Most of us love this game. Old and new version. It's a fun escape, so let's not lose our perspective. Nobody has made a move on each other's girlfriends or wives...yet.
10/14/2016 5:08 PM
I like both. I don't find the new changes a great improvement or necessary, but I enjoy 3.0, and I have 6 titles, so I "could hack it" in the old game just fine.

There are some improvements and some flaws. They cancel themselves out IMO. I wish 3.0 would have gone more smoothly, but I'm still enjoying the game. The long-term aspect of recruiting/scouting over the course of the season doesn't bother me at all like I thought it would. I however think it needs to be MUCH more obvious when recruiting/scouting seasons begin.
10/14/2016 7:50 PM
Posted by vandydave on 10/14/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):

but when the "debating" stops the implied understanding is either than all are in agreement or there is nothing amiss with the game. i'm not saying antagonistic debating, but all of the "just go away" posts from 3.0 loyalists are essentially hoping to paint an untrue impression of 3.0 for cosmetic appearances.
Here is my stance.
10/15/2016 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.