New Player names Topic

Not sure if I am just looking at more names with 3.0 as I am scouting, but I am seeing some kind of cool names of players, like George Washington, and Tommy Jerry. If it's the developers throwing some new names in, I love it. I remember a long while ago I saw a player named T-Bone. It would be nice if some new names were added. I don't think I have ever seen a player named Evander - not sure what made me think of that. I hope they see this and throw some more new names in for players, if it's not a lot of work.
10/14/2016 5:35 PM
Hyphenated last names are more popular (or more frequently-utilized) these days but I believe are still absent from the Hoops Dynasty...plenty of potential for diversity there!
10/14/2016 5:40 PM
Yes - LOL.
10/14/2016 6:08 PM
I wish they'd let us submit some names. I'd kind of like to see Ichabod Crane in the game. he could be like 7'2" and weigh 160 Lbs, with 10 Ath.
10/14/2016 6:09 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/14/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
I wish they'd let us submit some names. I'd kind of like to see Ichabod Crane in the game. he could be like 7'2" and weigh 160 Lbs, with 10 Ath.
Maybe they could do with players what they did a long time ago with HS coaches. My real name has been the HS coach at a particular Missouri HS since 2008 or so. I always got a laugh when I sent a coach call and saw myself respond. Not that our real names should be generated very often but it would be funny to recruit yourself...and our anonymity would remain intact.
10/14/2016 6:15 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/14/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/14/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Maybe they could do with players what they did a long time ago with HS coaches. My real name has been the HS coach at a particular Missouri HS since 2008 or so. I always got a laugh when I sent a coach call and saw myself respond. Not that our real names should be generated very often but it would be funny to recruit yourself...and our anonymity would remain intact.
Heh, funny that you say this. On a somewhat related note, I have a player on my ECU team who has the same name as I do. I love it.

I could get behind some "new names" going into "the system." The one name of a past player I've had that really sticks out to me is "Lucas Strange," obviously Dr. Strange's son or something. Weird, unique, humorous names, all part of this game's charm.
10/14/2016 10:46 PM
I had a T-Bone Steakhouse (or Steakman, I cant remember) in test.whatifsports Tark during the Beta. He stunk. I rescinded him. :)
10/17/2016 10:38 AM
I coached high school football for about 20 years. Reading the official roster was one of favorite things to do each August. My favorite names are still brothers:

Luciano and Gabriella......... Chang
1/2 Italian
1/2 Chinese

I think both their parents were immigrants who met in med school.
10/17/2016 10:53 AM
New Player names Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.