Cutting Players When Changing Teams Topic

When taking over a new team .. at least a new Sim AI coached team, you can rescind up to 6 scholarships AND you get your cash (recruiting and scouting) and attention points prior to the Second Recruiting Session starting.

Does not seem to hurt reputation or loyalty.

All the players I cut were SIM AI recruited.

This is just posted as a reference point, and I have not tried cutting players when shifting to a formerly human coached team or cutting human players (or my own players) to see if one would immediately get attention points or recruiting/scouting cash.
11/1/2016 10:36 AM (edited)
I have cut players on all of my teams, no issues. However, none that I have recruited (but some off of teams that were previously coached by humans, that leads to my next comment).

One big sticking point I brought up to WIS when I came back was that it's unfortunate that they decided to have period 2 of recruiting PRIOR to the world opening up for new coaches, it forces new coaches to take an extra year of SIM recruited crap. WIS explanation to me was this was by design because "new coaches have a lot to learn". Apparently, the logic of "let's give coaches a bunch of crap players that they have to deal with for 4 years" wins out.
11/1/2016 2:11 PM
The SIMs are recruiting better. All the guys I cut, except one, were not Freshmen. I can see their point, it is (by game design) a second session of this year .. and coaches WITH EXPERIENCE in a world CAN use the Jobs sectino of Unemployed Office to get in on the 2nd Session if they prefer. So it is only new coaches in Div-III who would be impacted (unless an experienced coach in a world decided to skip the session and reserve at team instead of using office.

I don't feel strongly about it, but I see their point.
11/1/2016 2:28 PM
We're kind of talking about two different things, yes coaches that have coached before can hop in the middle. Fair point that I understand, but the differences in jobs you're qualified for then versus after the season is enormous... so that's another hurdle.

My thought is... Yes new coaches would likely mess up some of recruiting year 1. But at least they have to learn. If you give them part 2 of the previous year to learn you're handicapping them one more season than if you are forcing them to not only take SIM recruits but also judge recruits based on those. I do agree SIMs are recruiting better now, but it's not like they could have gotten worse.
11/1/2016 5:07 PM
Posted by zhawks on 11/1/2016 5:07:00 PM (view original):
We're kind of talking about two different things, yes coaches that have coached before can hop in the middle. Fair point that I understand, but the differences in jobs you're qualified for then versus after the season is enormous... so that's another hurdle.

My thought is... Yes new coaches would likely mess up some of recruiting year 1. But at least they have to learn. If you give them part 2 of the previous year to learn you're handicapping them one more season than if you are forcing them to not only take SIM recruits but also judge recruits based on those. I do agree SIMs are recruiting better now, but it's not like they could have gotten worse.
But you are trying to add them in back to back (or even at the same time). The new coaching time and the Job change time that is.

The 2nd recruiting session is in Season 1. You started out with a full team (either you had it or you signed up for it), scouted, played some games, had recruiting session (1st one), played tournaments and had the draft. Then is coach change period of Season 1 .. after that starts recruiting session 2.

If you allow new coaches to come in, they are now there in Season 1, not Season 2.

I mean you could do that .. but always before the new coaches signed up at the beginning of new season.
11/2/2016 6:08 AM
It's semantics, it's just all about how you think about it. whether the 'second recruiting period' becomes "offseason" or "summer recruiting" period versus the inseason. It's really just how you phrase it. The way they chose to name it ... sure you're argument makes sense but it's just a name. Makes more sense (especially considering WIS wants this to be as real life as possible) to allow for a coach coming into a new job (regardless of how they got there) to have some sort of ability for roster management.
11/2/2016 2:24 PM
Posted by zhawks on 11/2/2016 2:24:00 PM (view original):
It's semantics, it's just all about how you think about it. whether the 'second recruiting period' becomes "offseason" or "summer recruiting" period versus the inseason. It's really just how you phrase it. The way they chose to name it ... sure you're argument makes sense but it's just a name. Makes more sense (especially considering WIS wants this to be as real life as possible) to allow for a coach coming into a new job (regardless of how they got there) to have some sort of ability for roster management.
I agree that they COULD shift the names and do the roll over before the job change period and make the what is now the second recruiting session instead be the first one for the new season. You get all your resources then and you have the job change period, then the new coach period back to back.you have recruiting through the exhibition (maybe even through the first 5 or 6 games of non-conference) .. then have the second period be from start of conference play though the end of the conference tournament.

They could call the beginning period session one and the ending period session 2. This would also solve the EE issue (you would start recruiting after the EEs left and after the draft). They could also figure out parity in session times without extending recruiting and have two periods that work just like they don now.
11/2/2016 2:59 PM
OK .. this is my proprosed new HD schedule:

LINK

This:
1. Fixes the early entry problem (EEs happen after the season and before the first recruiting session of the following season)
2. Allows a very similar amount of time in the first and second recruiting periods, including a protected non signing period on both the first and second session.
3. Fixes the New Coach has to take sim recruits and puts the Office Job Change and the New Coach sign up at the same time WRT recruiting
4. Maintains the current schedules in both 2 a day and one a day worlds.

The one negative is in 2 a day worlds, there is only 2 days of scouting before APs start being processed. In one a day worlds it is 7 days.

Discuss?
11/2/2016 6:21 PM (edited)
Cutting Players When Changing Teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.