Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

"I'm guessing Spud would say something like, "don't recruit early entires."
I'm happy to learn a new system quickly, just like I did the old system."

Bad guess. Spud would say, "Be ready with back-ups." And it may not be a system you can learn quickly. It appears to be much more interesting than that.
11/4/2016 1:11 PM
Too bad we have no opportunity to be ready with backups since we don't get recruiting reseriuces at all for ee's.
11/4/2016 2:30 PM
Posted by stewdog on 11/4/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Too bad we have no opportunity to be ready with backups since we don't get recruiting reseriuces at all for ee's.
"... it may not be a system you can learn quickly ..."
11/4/2016 5:03 PM
Can we get an update from any of the devs?

This is the most frustrating thing about this, zero feedback/comments from them. Silence.
11/18/2016 2:31 PM
They have indicated that they are watching EE's and will intervene if necessary. They (and many users) expect the matter to sort itself out as a few seasons take place under 3.0 and the EE's aren't so bunched up in a privileged few programs.

They have also indicated that job logic is their next area of attention. Reference has been made to this in the beta and regular forums from time to time.
11/18/2016 4:09 PM
They dont care about transition effects - conscious decision after clear discussion in beta. Thats how they decided to deal with unhappy side effects over first few seasons.

In longer term, EE should have way less frequent problematic side effects for elite dynasties ("privileged few" - i.e., highly successful participants) although surprising EEs will still be annoying. I doubt in long term there will be program devastating calamities.

11/18/2016 4:27 PM
Guess not.

I waited and gave it a shot for a new seasons, but I'm out. They made the game less realistic and implemented a broken system and haven't given a care to fix it or even respond on the forums about it.
11/30/2016 1:29 PM
They need changes to D1... It's simple as that. One EE not giving resources, is one too many. And when you lose at the game of probabilities, you need to be able to get back to plan B, C... So give half the money lost in a VH loss, and a third of the money lost when you are H.
11/30/2016 2:19 PM
"And when you lose at the game of probabilities, you need to be able to get back to plan B, C..."

No, actually, you have it backwards. You have to be ready with Plan B, Plan C, etc. before you lose out on a player. Plenty of coaches have figured that out already. You also have to understand why you lost so you can improve your probabilities next time around, or you'll be stuck. Wailing for unneeded changes to the game won't cut it.

Here's the empirical fact that I think ends the debate: plenty of coaches are handling D1 just fine as it is.
11/30/2016 5:18 PM (edited)
It is helpful to remember that Coach has no idea what he's talking about. 833 posts to 155 wins. Some of the worst recruits I have ever seen at D1 on that Jackson State team. I would never begrudge someone continuing to learn the game, but pretending to be an expert at something that you are demonstrably bad at is just obnoxious.
11/30/2016 5:20 PM
Posted by rogelio on 11/30/2016 5:20:00 PM (view original):
It is helpful to remember that Coach has no idea what he's talking about. 833 posts to 155 wins. Some of the worst recruits I have ever seen at D1 on that Jackson State team. I would never begrudge someone continuing to learn the game, but pretending to be an expert at something that you are demonstrably bad at is just obnoxious.
Man, this is so spot on. I just looked at CoachSpud's team and I am shocked. He doesn't have a single legitimate DI starter on the roster. A couple of his upperclassmen could serve as deep bench guys, but overall it is a mediocre DII team at best. His current freshmen are worse than what I target for the DIII team I just picked up. There is not a single DI player in the group. It is insane to me that he feels entitled to give advice to others and argue against experienced coaches when his in game performance perfectly illustrates that he hasn't the faintest idea how to succeed at HD. It is like watching Johnny Manziel try to tell Tom Brady how to win at life. /facepalm
11/30/2016 5:50 PM
Spud being ready means : losing. No money left, nothing but leftovers. The battles are all over the place, every recruit is contested... I feel somebody does not know what's going on and it's him. Why would I want to grab players that won't make ne win. I can shorten my bench, that I will do.
11/30/2016 6:14 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 11/30/2016 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Man, this is so spot on. I just looked at CoachSpud's team and I am shocked. He doesn't have a single legitimate DI starter on the roster. A couple of his upperclassmen could serve as deep bench guys, but overall it is a mediocre DII team at best. His current freshmen are worse than what I target for the DIII team I just picked up. There is not a single DI player in the group. It is insane to me that he feels entitled to give advice to others and argue against experienced coaches when his in game performance perfectly illustrates that he hasn't the faintest idea how to succeed at HD. It is like watching Johnny Manziel try to tell Tom Brady how to win at life. /facepalm
You guys are haters!!

Ha.
11/30/2016 6:16 PM
Damn, I don't want to side with the guy everybody hates but...........if you spend all your resources and don't have a back-up plan, what do you expect? The HD Fairy to fly down and grant you more resources/good players?

Even as a relative n00b, that sounds like a bad "plan". For HD and for life in general.
11/30/2016 7:15 PM
You go to Vegas. You're good at counting cards. You sit at the table betting minimum until you get a good feel for what's up. You bet your life savings on the next three hands. You lose all three. You say "How am I going to get home? I have no money." Does that seem like a plan?

11/30/2016 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...15 Next ▸
Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.