Observation and question Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2016 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I gave up HD 10 years ago because I hated recruiting. Haven't done it since.
If you left before because you hated the recruiting, you should absolutely come back and try the new system. It's very different.
11/9/2016 3:54 PM
Get rid of the dice roll, solve EE problem, and we are in business.
11/9/2016 4:03 PM
EE won't affect me. If it's the problem I perceive it is(thru reading the forums), it will change before I have to worry about it.
11/9/2016 4:44 PM
When the update was announced, I was pretty vocal about it ruining the game. I experienced beta and softened a bit. Now that Knight is totally immersed in 3.0 I'm enjoying it. I'm not 100% sold as I would like to see the D1 EE corrected for the guys that have earned those Big 6 jobs, but for me at D2 and D3 it's been a matter of adapting and moving on. Give it a try, as its a different mindset from 2.0.
11/10/2016 9:11 AM
Mike, by the time you reach D1 I'd expect EE to be less of an issue. Many of the EE problems that we've initially had were due to loaded D1 power conference teams with multiple EE's (sometimes 3-4)- and that's tough to replace with anything approaching similar or even decent talent with the late notice.

With the update to recruiting the EE's should be more spread out, as it's a more level playing field when it comes to landing recruits, so the odds of having 2+ EE's on any kind of regular basis should be much less. Still an inconvenience and something that many want admin to look at, but in my opinion it will likely be less damaging than it was during the initial rollout.
11/10/2016 11:08 AM
I have played HD from time to time for years. I have had to quit playing periodically due to time issues. I am playing again and am in my second season since coming back. I at first thought that I would not like 3.0, primarily because I had to re-learn much. Now that I am in it and have taken time to educate myself, I am enjoying it. Recruiting is my favorite part of the game. I did ok the first season recruiting, but now that I am more knowledgeable in how to recruit in the new system, I think I will do even better.
11/10/2016 11:44 AM
Posted by zorzii on 11/9/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Get rid of the dice roll, solve EE problem, and we are in business.
Bingo!
11/10/2016 12:34 PM
My ee problem is that I had 5 last year in addition to two seniors and have 4 of the top 13 next year. So, I'm basically out an entire team in two seasons.

But it shouldn't be an issue after I'm killled completely. ??
11/10/2016 12:37 PM
#firstworldproblems

I kid, I kid....
11/10/2016 1:33 PM
It's worth trying. I left because I found the new scouting more complicated. That said I think you might like it. For me I am willing to put tons of time into HBD because I have always loved baseball but basketball has always been a distant 3rd for me so a more complicated recruiting process was not for me but I think it certainly has its appeal.

I will add I always played D3 so the DI issues I cant speak to.
11/12/2016 8:32 AM
◂ Prev 12
Observation and question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.