This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
LOL. squeak What? SQUEAK Did somebody hear something? Nah, I guess just more background noise.

By the way, MikeT, see what I mean? Who would want haters like that following them all around?
11/17/2016 1:06 PM (edited)
I personally think that many of the coaches who have dropped out have left too soon. The "adapt or leave" slogan is downright stupid however. There are problems which, if fixed, could make this a better game than 2.0...I am not going to list them now, that has been done already. Some coaches however are leaving b/c 3.0 take more time than the game did before. That might also be something for the designers to look at...things like allowing coaches to pre-set attention points ahead of the opening of the first cycle for example or shortening the scouting only phase to include recruiting sooner. I remember the $hit show that was the first season of HD was way back when. But the programmers figured things out and we all were given a free season for having to put up with the crappy product. I am going to see how this plays out, but I strongly suspect that the designers will back off from this overly level playing field that is making the game quite boring in my opinion.
11/17/2016 6:40 PM (edited)
I never really understood what "hater" was supposed to mean.

My high school Biology teacher failed me because I didn't do my homework. What a hater.
My girlfriend broke up with me after I cheated on her. Definitely a hater.
My boss fired me after I didn't show up to work for a week. Biggest hater of all.

Maybe it's just the way people are these days. They don't want to have any accountability for their actions and want to blame others for their mistakes and problems.

It's cause and effect. You get what you give. Pretty simple.
11/17/2016 6:36 AM
Meh. It's the internet. When someone doesn't agree with you, you're obviously the idiot. And it must be true because I said it and it's printed out on my screen.

In my experience, people take the forums too seriously. It's a simsports site. WifS gave us the block feature. If spud is that annoying, use it. I have around a dozen blocked because they're nothing more than trolls. My forum experience is better for it.
11/17/2016 6:48 AM
Posted by mullycj on 11/17/2016 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/16/2016 10:50:00 PM (view original):
1. I don't have multiple teams in any world.

2. I started out as CoachSpud, but after a while a bunch of haters started trolling me. Let's face it, who wants to play the game under a screen name that acts as flypaper for haters. So I have other screen name(s). I get to play the game peacefully. I still have CoachSpud so the haters don't win. Win-win.
More lies. You must be related to Hillary.

You have alias' BEFORE Spud. Why even lie about it unless you can't help it.

PS - when 25 "haters" tell one d-bagg to f-off in one thread or another, maybe the d-bagg should be the one looking in the mirror.
Good idea, bring politics into this thread.
11/17/2016 7:53 AM
Nothing can go wrong there, right?
11/17/2016 9:14 AM
Politics: Nirvana for "haters". Why not? The most fertile source of ignorance we have.
11/17/2016 9:31 AM
Spud did not win the popular vote.
11/17/2016 10:05 AM
the thing that many newer HD players don't know or understand is that the guys who are talking about leaving (in this thread, at least) are the longest-term users around.

Vandydave had a team in each world from season 1-50 or 60... maybe longer. He has helped out a ton of users with real questions, has been helpful in several upgrades, betas, and updates they've made to the game, including this one. fdny is likewise a forever player, and has been one of the more level-minded and helpful people around for a long time. likewise mully and acn24, and probably many others I'm forgetting and too lazy to look up.

Their gripes with the new game are plentiful, but based in what they think is best for the game itself, not for their individual teams. If they want to play for another 200 seasons, they'll still be the guys on the top of the heap at that point-- they'd figure it out and beat almost everyone who has posted here (myself included, for sure). You may or may not agree with them, but to say they want their life as elite coaches to be easy is just wrong.
11/17/2016 1:08 PM
Thanks wronoj but it appears you are mistaken, apparently I am a hater who only wants changes to HD that benefit my teams.
11/17/2016 1:37 PM
No, I understand that. They say it every thread.

Again, ignoring EE, the gripe is that no one can be 100% sure they've won a recruiting battle if another team is in on him. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. It is if you're a A+ D1 team because you basically got to cherrypick players. But it's not a bad thing for the game as a whole.
11/17/2016 1:38 PM
Well, it is not our call to decide what is best for the game. Our decision is.. Do we pay to play the game or do we go elsewhere. Same decision you get to make when McDonald's changes their hamburger lineup or if budweiser introduces a beer.

We don't get to make those things.. We get to decide if we consume them.
11/17/2016 1:55 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 11/17/2016 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Well, it is not our call to decide what is best for the game. Our decision is.. Do we pay to play the game or do we go elsewhere. Same decision you get to make when McDonald's changes their hamburger lineup or if budweiser introduces a beer.

We don't get to make those things.. We get to decide if we consume them.
This isn't always the case however. It is entirely up to WIS (and specifically how those who make the core decisions on how HD is developed) to decide if they want/value customer input. If they don't read the forums, or look at submitted customer tickets, or any other external means of us to voice our concerns then sure, they make all the decisions in a vacuum and we as consumers decide whether we buy their product or go elsewhere.

It looks to me however, that WIS is making a better effort to at least consider our concerns as existing customers to how to improve their product to better retain us as loyal customers (retention) while still trying to appeal to new customers who might not have a voice here.

Typically most larger corporation will acknowledge customer feedback in some manner (i.e. large outcry via social media over some perceived injustice) but its very rare they will take suggestions on how to improve their products as most commercial products don't have any type of platform that the customers can usually convey that information to those people who actually make the decisions.
11/17/2016 2:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...21 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.