Posted by metsmax on 11/18/2016 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grantduck on 11/18/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
My main issue is the lack of response in these threads from the WIS people. There's no clarity. Months have gone by now with no answers to our questions and concerns about Early Entries. More than 3.0, that's why I'm scaling back.
there was an answer on EE's during the beta. The issue was identified. The answer was - we understand, we will watch what happens for a few seasons and see if any change is then warranted. The point about the transition was made. Numerous alternatives were proposed. And that was the answer.
"we understand"

Clearly, no.
11/18/2016 8:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/18/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
I found SLB because I searched it. I actually think I was looking for fantasy baseball leagues, in February, and WifS was a few spots down on the list. FWIW, HBD and HD are different with regards to the "impulse buyer" you mentioned. They're terrible in HBD. Lose interest in pre-season, abandoned team. In HD, it's less problematic.

I don't think I'd use "Star Wars" and "WifS" in the same post again. That's sort of like comparing "Lamborghini" and "moped".

Anyway, the market is limited. There is always a +/- to marketing. It's costs this much. The return is this much. Is it worth it? They could run an ad during the Super Bowl. Maybe, in a thousand years, it pays for itself.

Nonetheless, I suggested a free, sans time required, marketing tool to them years ago. I heard Paul Bessiere on a local sports talk. He was giving CFB predictions for the weekend. He was doing a terrible job marketing WifS but, because I knew of the site, I knew what was going in. I thought it would be great if he/WifS rep had 10 minute segments throughout the nation predicting NFL/CFB/NBA/CBB(whatever the market dictated) games while pushing WifS. Sports talk radio needs content. If they could get 10m in Athens, GA or Birmingham, AL talking SEC football predictions, people would pay attention. While it wouldn't work in major markets, I think it would in the more rural areas. Hell, if they used trusted users, they could probably reach every corner of the US.

I got the ol' "Thanks for you input. We're currently exploring advertising ideas."
This would have been a great idea. That is how I found this site. I was having an argument with someone about the greatest college football teams and who would beat who and found this site. Then I stumbled across GD, but there were no openings, so while I waited, I jumped into HD and have been here since. That was 2008 when I joined.
11/18/2016 9:23 PM
Basically, I had 4 openings(2 EE's) and there was zero way I can think of I could have landed more than 1 playable recruit. That is just broken and dumb. This will be my last season until it's addressed.
11/18/2016 11:44 PM
Posted by grantduck on 11/18/2016 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Basically, I had 4 openings(2 EE's) and there was zero way I can think of I could have landed more than 1 playable recruit. That is just broken and dumb. This will be my last season until it's addressed.
I've been told this makes you a whiner and just mad, because you only want to dominate.
11/19/2016 3:45 AM
Life sometimes presents adversity.
11/19/2016 6:52 AM
After almost exactly 10 years to the day that I started playing this game, I've decided i have no choice but to leave HD. I tried to like the new changes, but quite honestly, they've made the game into a drawn out, time-consuming, unexciting version of the original.

I'm baffled why they'd make these changes without more market research. Enough time has past now to brand HD 3.0 as not just a massive failure, but a perfect example of how whomever runs this train wreck has no idea who their audience is and what they want. Everyone knew this was a disaster waiting to happen other than that person apparently. Such am embarrassment and major fail by whoever makes the decisions, that cannot be overstated enough.

Anyway. I got a extra season if anyone wants to take over my Texas Tyler team in Iba before recruiting starts. We're undefeated, #1 in the country, heading into conference play tonight. First person to message me gets first dibs, including an extra season, my handle and D1 experience in every world. (My other teams are past the first recruiting cycle, with no recruiting done, but you can have them too after the NT is over in those worlds.)
11/20/2016 3:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sweetpeapapa on 11/20/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):
After almost exactly 10 years to the day that I started playing this game, I've decided i have no choice but to leave HD. I tried to like the new changes, but quite honestly, they've made the game into a drawn out, time-consuming, unexciting version of the original.

I'm baffled why they'd make these changes without more market research. Enough time has past now to brand HD 3.0 as not just a massive failure, but a perfect example of how whomever runs this train wreck has no idea who their audience is and what they want. Everyone knew this was a disaster waiting to happen other than that person apparently. Such am embarrassment and major fail by whoever makes the decisions, that cannot be overstated enough.

Anyway. I got a extra season if anyone wants to take over my Texas Tyler team in Iba before recruiting starts. We're undefeated, #1 in the country, heading into conference play tonight. First person to message me gets first dibs, including an extra season, my handle and D1 experience in every world. (My other teams are past the first recruiting cycle, with no recruiting done, but you can have them too after the NT is over in those worlds.)
"Life sometimes presents adversity."
Are you serious? This is a game I pay money to play (sorta), its entertainment. That's all it is. It has nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with adversity. This is not REAL LIFE. There is no adversity. None. You, and the rest of the crowd who spout this crap understand what adversity means, right?

Don't let me pop your bubble though. You obviously like HD 3.0. That's great! I'm so proud of you for everything you've been through to get yourself there! I really am! You accomplished so much to get there! You should be proud of what you've done! In this day and age that you could do that, with all the limitation society puts on you, I mean that is really something! It's Huge! The adversity of life was present, and you overcame! You adapted and learned to devote more of your daily life to a game? Way to overcome coach! I wish I had that fortitude...I guess I'll just spend more time with my fam and kids, and dwell on my failure of what life presented me...
11/20/2016 6:54 PM (edited)
Spudhole gets yet another admirer.
11/20/2016 9:02 PM
There is something wrong with D1 under 3.0 and nobody wants to admit it. It's less enjoyable than It was... Fix some stuff...
11/20/2016 9:29 PM
Post of the month from sweatpeapapa. so good.
11/20/2016 9:39 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/20/2016 9:39:00 PM (view original):
Could you actually tell what he was ranting about? In his second rant I thought he sounded like Ward, or someone whose native tongue isn't English. I guess he's just one more person who has to try to trash the gaming experience of newcomers on his way out the door. I say, #stayclassy.
11/20/2016 9:49 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Could you actually tell what he was ranting about? In his second rant I thought he sounded like Ward, or someone whose native tongue isn't English. I guess he's just one more person who has to try to trash the gaming experience of newcomers on his way out the door. I say, #stayclassy.
Yeah I understood it just fine. He was making fun of you and did a great doing it. I really enjoyed it.
11/20/2016 9:55 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/20/2016 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I understood it just fine. He was making fun of you and did a great doing it. I really enjoyed it.
+1
11/20/2016 9:59 PM
**crickets**
11/21/2016 1:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...21 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.