Posted by CoachSpud on 11/21/2016 1:35:00 AM (view original):
**crickets**
If by 'crickets' you mean the majority of readers implicitly agree that your opinion on this matter doesn't warrant a genuine response...then you'd be absolutely correct.

So, sadly, those are 'ironic crickets' that only you can hear.
11/21/2016 5:41 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 11/21/2016 5:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/21/2016 1:35:00 AM (view original):
**crickets**
If by 'crickets' you mean the majority of readers implicitly agree that your opinion on this matter doesn't warrant a genuine response...then you'd be absolutely correct.

So, sadly, those are 'ironic crickets' that only you can hear.
It's rough that even when you have him on block he can still derail any thread you read. I absolutely hate the pseudo-intellectual types like spud that think so highly of themselves but in reality aren't very intelligent.
11/21/2016 7:09 AM
Posted by zorzii on 11/20/2016 9:29:00 PM (view original):
There is something wrong with D1 under 3.0 and nobody wants to admit it. It's less enjoyable than It was... Fix some stuff...
Who do you mean by "nobody"?

Something was wrong, it was addressed. If something is still wrong, I expect it will be addressed. Maybe not as fast as some want but, in all likelihood, WifS will let it play out for a bit. As I previously said, I don't think 2 seasons is enough to pass judgement.
11/21/2016 8:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2016 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sweetpeapapa on 11/20/2016 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sweetpeapapa on 11/20/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):
After almost exactly 10 years to the day that I started playing this game, I've decided i have no choice but to leave HD. I tried to like the new changes, but quite honestly, they've made the game into a drawn out, time-consuming, unexciting version of the original.

I'm baffled why they'd make these changes without more market research. Enough time has past now to brand HD 3.0 as not just a massive failure, but a perfect example of how whomever runs this train wreck has no idea who their audience is and what they want. Everyone knew this was a disaster waiting to happen other than that person apparently. Such am embarrassment and major fail by whoever makes the decisions, that cannot be overstated enough.

Anyway. I got a extra season if anyone wants to take over my Texas Tyler team in Iba before recruiting starts. We're undefeated, #1 in the country, heading into conference play tonight. First person to message me gets first dibs, including an extra season, my handle and D1 experience in every world. (My other teams are past the first recruiting cycle, with no recruiting done, but you can have them too after the NT is over in those worlds.)
"Life sometimes presents adversity."
Are you serious? This is a game I pay money to play (sorta), its entertainment. That's all it is. It has nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with adversity. This is not REAL LIFE. There is no adversity. None. You, and the rest of the crowd who spout this crap understand what adversity means, right?

Don't let me pop your bubble though. You obviously like HD 3.0. That's great! I'm so proud of you for everything you've been through to get yourself there! I really am! You accomplished so much to get there! You should be proud of what you've done! In this day and age that you could do that, with all the limitation society puts on you, I mean that is really something! It's Huge! The adversity of life was present, and you overcame! You adapted and learned to devote more of your daily life to a game? Way to overcome coach! I wish I had that fortitude...I guess I'll just spend more time with my fam and kids, and dwell on my failure of what life presented me...
At the risk of being called Spud2, this is nonsense.

I fully understand what adversity means. If I didn't, I know how to use a search engine to look it up. Nonetheless, adversity was placed on your path to your entertainment. Essentially, you don't like the game and that is fine. I may not like it next week. But I won't need that many words to give it up. Anyway, just so we both know what "adversity" means, here you go(and I get to show off my awesome search engine skills):
  • ad·ver·si·ty1
    /?d'v?rs?de/
    noun
    1. difficulties; misfortune:
Powered by OxfordDictionaries · © Oxford University Press
Sweetpea isnt complaing about fairness or not being able to replace EEs or anything like that. he simply doesnt like the new game and thats his opinion. it has nothing to do with adversity. It's optional to play this game, not a must have. So if youre "facing adversity" in a game that is totally optional and not fun to you then you dont play. Pretty simple.
11/21/2016 9:34 AM
Further- I think it's a pretty silly thing to say about a game - "life sometimes presents adversity". It's a GAME.

"Hey Jim, you've been real down lately. You okay? The wife and kids aren't doing well? New job isn't panning out? What is it?"
"Nah man, it's this Hoops Dynasty game. I just can't seem to get past these new changes. I don't think I'll be able to overcome this one" :(
11/21/2016 9:43 AM
MikeT23 is screaming at players not to celebrate after TDs too. Who gives a damn how someone decides to leave. It's a game that people spend their own money to play.
11/21/2016 8:05 PM
The title of the thread is the Exodus. Shouldnt be a surprise to anyone what might be said here.
11/21/2016 8:25 PM
I left twice. Took breaks...however you want to say it. I came back because of the free season to see how the new engine works. I kinda didnt like the old way of recruiting. Hope these changes make it better. It doesnt have to be close to real life for me. It just has to be fun, Time will tell. Sorry so many long time coaches are leaving all at once, but again if its not fun for them i understand. But WiS needs to advertise more.
11/21/2016 9:44 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/21/2016 8:25:00 PM (view original):
The title of the thread is the Exodus. Shouldnt be a surprise to anyone what might be said here.
Well, as has been said before, it would be one thing if this was confined to the half-dozen threads already devoted to exit trolling. But it's not. It's getting better, as more finally reach the expiration date.
11/21/2016 10:21 PM
Posted by sweetpeapapa on 11/21/2016 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2016 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Again, silliness. It's a game? That something I hadn't thought of.

It's a diversion from life. I hope anyone playing it is enjoying it. But "adversity" comes in many forms. It doesn't have to be cancer or the death of a family member. If something is worth complaining about, it is part of your REAL LIFE. It's a simple fact. The fact that you are typing out responses, consuming your REAL LIFE time, means it's part of your life.

Now, is the "adversity" placed in front of you by the game meaningful? Meh. But, if you're taking the time to tell everyone you're leaving, you hate it, you love it, etc, it's part of your life.
You and Spud really are a frustrating bunch. You can't seem to understand why people are leaving.

Here's the deal: I've recruited just fine if you care to look at my teams. In fact, I've recruited much better players than in 2.0, because you can. Everyone can. it's not hard to figure out how. WIS even provides instructions for how to recruit now. If you're a good coach in 2.0, you'll be a good coach in 3.0. But only if you take the extra time required. It is just that simple. None of the coaches that left failed to figure out 3.0, or left because this game is too complicated or beyond their intelligence. Nobody. That is important for you both to understand. Because this game has been simplified, requiring practically no actuall strategy.

People are leaving because they are frustrated. This is a completely different game, where the strategy has been mostly removed. This has made it easy for pretty much any coach to be successful if all they do is put in more TIME in than another coach, especially in recruiting.

Whomever runs this has been removing the strategy since 1.0, when they showed potentials in recruiting and team prestige. That took an insane amount of strategy out of the game. Any idiot can see how good the recruit will be now. It dumbified the game completely. That trend has continued and was accelerated with 3.0's release.

What we have now is a game devoid of any actual strategy aside from game planning and recruit evaluation (and the later is hardly strategic unless you're new to the game). It simply isn't worth playing anymore for longtime coaches, who loved the strategy of the first version, and put up with 2.0's changes.

So to conclude, this game now requires TIME not STRATEGY to be a good coach and have a successful team. I and pretty much every other coach who left didn't leave because they can't recruit in 3.0, but because recruiting is so time-consuming, simplified, drawn out, and unstrategic that it has become boring and not entertaining. That's a bad thing if this game is entertainment for all of us.

And BTW both of you obviously don't understand the word adversity. If you did, you'd realize your embarrassing yourself and your intellect by continuing to argue that people are leaving because this game has caused them adversity. Nobody needs to play this game, It's not fresh water, a loaf of bread, a paid electric bill, or a family wage job. It's optional entertainment that cost $$$.
This is a pretty poor assessment. I spend about the same amount of time recruiting now as I used to. You can spend as much time as you find enjoyable. The only people who think they need to spend more time are people who haven't adjusted to the new processes, and the people who *really* love new scouting.

You're mistaken that the strategy has been removed. I'm not saying you have to like it, but this trope is a massive cop out. I suspect you just don't like dealing with ambiguity and probabilities, and erroneously equate the fact that 51 no longer beats 49 100% of the time as a removal of strategy. It's actually adding layers of strategy. It puts more team-building strategies in play. It introduces more risk/reward scenarios, beyond knowing what battles you can't win and avoiding them. It emphasizes long term team planning, not just who can recruit the player with the highest numbers in x, y, and z categories. And because the elite commodities are likely to be distributed among more teams, the emphasis is back on actual gameplanning, which is where the strategy of a basketball simulation is supposed to be in the first place.

Some people don't want to learn a new game, and I understand. Some people are upset that their dynasty no longer enjoys the same advantages it had before, and I understand. Some people are just p!ssed at WIS, and have been looking for an excuse to bail, and that's fine with me. I don't think I've ever personally made the argument that 3.0 is too complicated for a significant number of users, though I think this is self-evidently true in at least a few cases. Like Mike, I don't care why you leave. I'm not obligated to care about what anyone else enjoys. The whole premise behind these exit troll threads, though, is based on a delusion; that WIS just hasn't thought this through and is making *a terrible mistake* because look at all those long time users gone! This just isn't reality. I guarantee you they expected attrition. I'm sure they'd rather you stick it out (if you're paying for seasons, anyway), but these kind of multi-player games have to go through periods of creative destruction from time to time. Games adjust, and players adapt, or they don't. If you don't want to, fine. Farewell. But exit trolling is lame.
11/21/2016 10:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...21 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.