Did postseason seeding get changed? Topic

Did they change how teams get into the postseason (and then get seeded)? I seem to remember it used to depend on factors including your record against the top 100, but not including margin of victory. But the new FAQ seems to include margin, but not top 100:

"The logic for ranking teams for the postseason essentially calculates a score for each game on the team's schedule. This game score is determined by the following components:
  • Result (win or loss)
  • RPI rank of the opponent
  • Top 25 rank of the opponent (this rank is actually calculated and used for all teams, even beyond the top 25)
  • Score margin of the game
  • Location (home, away, or neutral court)
There is also consideration given to record over the final 10 games as well as conference tournament performance."

Am I just dreaming this or did something change?
11/19/2016 12:03 PM
May have changed (I never looked closely at seeding process in 2.0) but that 3rd point indicates that it still calculates the quality of the opponent. So when you get a top 100 win, you still get credit for a top 100 win. Might be a little more nuanced than before, though.
11/19/2016 12:21 PM
The Projection Report under the PostSeason menu hasn't changed and is used to dictate if your team makes the post season or not. It operates exactly how you describe.

Your seeding in the tournament if you make it is fluid though. WIS usually attempts to ensure that teams from the same conference not play each other early in the tournament so they shift teams (unless you are one of the first 4 on the projection report, you *can* be shifted up or more likely down).

ex. If you are #33 on the projection report, I would expect you to be a #9 seed but if say 4 of your conference mates were #29 thru #32, then WIS might drop you down to a #10 to avoid a first round matchup.
11/19/2016 12:26 PM
Did postseason seeding get changed? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.