Perpetual response-to-troublesome-posts thread Topic

Since various threads tend to get gummed up by troublesome posts (TPs), by both 1) the TPs and 2) their elicited responses, I thought this thread could serve as a permanent place for 2) all those responses.

So if anyone feels a need to respond (and I do understand) to what they consider a troublesome post, they can post here instead of in the original thread. Of course troublesome posts may still occur in various threads, but if there are no responses in the threads, then the troublesome posters will be left with 2 options: 1) be content with getting little or no responses to the TPs within the direct threads or 2) come to this thread to look for and respond to any responses to their TPs. If followed consistently, this might serve to alleviate the problem within actual issue-based discussions.

Just a thought, and not (totally) serious, but I'm throwing it out there in case it might work.
11/21/2016 1:02 PM
Spud you're an idiot.

Never in real life would a kid turn down a D1 scholarship to play at a D3 school.

It's just random now.

Roll dice.

11/21/2016 5:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/21/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Spud you're an idiot.

Never in real life would a kid turn down a D1 scholarship to play at a D3 school.

It's just random now.

Roll dice.

Its not random dice but I am not defending CoachSpud.. You can still influence the dice by effort.
11/21/2016 6:25 PM
Ward the effort is capped, sometimes distance gets you out of the roll, other than that, you basically can go all-in to a roll...
11/21/2016 10:08 PM
There is no rolls in d2 nor d3, unless a sim is nuts, we are vultures waiting for d1 to be signable
11/21/2016 10:09 PM
Benis - why not "of all time" ?
11/22/2016 6:41 AM
Posted by mullycj on 11/22/2016 6:41:00 AM (view original):
Benis - why not "of all time" ?
ettaexpress, I imagine.
11/22/2016 10:48 AM
I only vaguely remember furrynips but if you are making an all time trolling list I would rank them:

1. Ettaexpress
2. Theonly/viva (and whatever else he used)
3. The colonels
4. Furrynips
11/22/2016 10:59 AM
Lived through them all and only etta is competition for Spudhole. That's why I think they could be the same.
11/22/2016 11:01 AM
I think Etta is the same person as #2. He told me that.
11/22/2016 11:02 AM
I don't think etta was/is either only or spud.

He was his own special brand of crazy. Only's grammar and writing style was to frenetic and modern to be etta who very rarely made grammatical mistakes. He would proofread his own posts meticulously and chide others for mistakes.

Ian just degenerated into a hate machine and I think towards the end he would say anything to get a rise out of people, even claiming to be some arch villian.

I also don't think etta is spud. Mostly because you can tell Spud likes the game and etta really didn't. Etta wanted the game shaped into exactly what he wanted and any other interpretation of how the game "should" work was just wrong and dumb in his opinion. Spud is actually defending the game (to a fault). Etta was also convinced everyone else was cheating (otherwise how else could he not win), spud clearly has a second account. Spud also isn't nearly as insulting as etta was. In etta's mind (I think), everyone else was intellectually inferior. Spud seems to like guys who agree with him. Etta didn't care if anyone agree with him.
11/22/2016 11:22 AM
“I’m just looking around to see who’s gonna finish second.” ~Larry Bird
"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ***." ~Bobby Knight
11/22/2016 11:55 AM
Posted by dadbod on 11/22/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I only vaguely remember furrynips but if you are making an all time trolling list I would rank them:

1. Ettaexpress
3. The colonels
4. Furrynips
Wasn't there a "SnakePit" or Snake-something like that back in the early days who was pretty insane as well? (or am I thinking of a GD troll here?)

Not saying it might not have been an alt name for someone, but I vaguely remember it...
11/22/2016 5:56 PM
Posted by dadbod on 11/22/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):

1. Ettaexpress
3. The colonels
4. Furrynips
You could definitely put Diablo on that list, but most here now probably won't know that name.
11/22/2016 6:08 PM
12 Next ▸
Perpetual response-to-troublesome-posts thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.