chosing a 2nd team in 1 world Topic

How do you chose a team minimum 1000 miles apart? I would like to have multiple teams in each world as I am taking this more serious and would like to be in division 3 but I am starting in Allen.
11/27/2016 7:39 PM
Get a good pedometer and start running.
11/27/2016 9:35 PM
Seriously though...why? It's for ALT usernames. I suppose if you want to take advantage of a discount or if there is a FREEHD offer, then I guess you can do that. In the long run, why not just take a team in a different world with the same username? I mean...even if you created a separate user name...why not just take a team in a different world?
11/27/2016 9:36 PM
Posted by rogelio on 11/27/2016 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Seriously though...why? It's for ALT usernames. I suppose if you want to take advantage of a discount or if there is a FREEHD offer, then I guess you can do that. In the long run, why not just take a team in a different world with the same username? I mean...even if you created a separate user name...why not just take a team in a different world?
+1 ....especially in this users case, since lying comes so easily to him.
11/27/2016 11:22 PM (edited)
In my opinion, the policy allowing multiple teams in a world IF 1000 miles apart no longer makes sense.

HD 3.0 has reduced the significance of distance for recruiting and changed the visibility of recruits. Multiple teams in a world, much more of an issue now than before.

Anyone who was concerned before, should be way more concerned now.
11/27/2016 10:59 PM
Posted by metsmax on 11/27/2016 10:59:00 PM (view original):
In my opinion, the policy allowing multiple teams in a world IF 1000 miles apart no longer makes sense.

HD 3.0 has reduced the significance of distance for recruiting and changed the visibility of recruits. Multiple teams in a world, much more of an issue now than before.

At the risk of totally hijacking the thread, can I ask you to expound on why you think the concern is greater now?

Asking because my assessment was that many of the loopholes employed by multiple teams seem lessened under 3.0. One team can't feed a name to the other as easily as before when all recruits were visible to all. The different scouting and recruiting budgets don't allow cost savings in the scouting phase to pass along to recruiting activity, and in the end there's always the chance that someone else who sees the same recruit forces an RNG or has a better set of preferences/more AP to invest to muscle the coach off the target, etc.

Just curious what the other side of the coin is that I'm missing.
11/27/2016 11:10 PM
There's much less competition for a diamond in the rough type player when nobody else has "discovered" him.

I'm with mets, this is a problem.
11/28/2016 12:54 AM (edited)
Posted by kcsundevil on 11/28/2016 12:54:00 AM (view original):
There's much less competition for a diamond in the rough type player when nobody else has "discovered" him.

No offense to kc or mets whatsoever, but this is a much bigger problem than diamonds in the roughs because now they are basically scratch-off lottery tickets.
11/28/2016 2:23 AM
in prior versions of the game, scouting was entirely by state - no camps etc.

Recruiting depended in a big way on distance - major differential in cost with distance

Now, camps etc reveal players in different locations. The distance differential is reduced. AND preferences mean that a far away team can discover a player of great interest to a distant team

Say one has Duke and Stanford. Stanford scouts the west coast. Finds a kid in Montana who wants to go far from home and whose preferences all fit Duke. Now, Duke knows to scout Montana and target this guy - might never have looked except that Stanford scouted and found him

for example
11/28/2016 6:07 AM
I think it's EASIER to cheat in 2.0 but could possibly be more beneficial to cheat in 3.0.

It's easier because all you need to do is FSS a bunch of states in 2.0 and take it from there. Even at D3, knowing what unsigned talent there is on the West coast is helpful for an East coast team.

But it's maybe more beneficial for reasons that mets says. Additionally, since you can now recruit D1 players at D3, even if your teams are in different divisions, it's hugely beneficial. My D1 team can scout all D1 internationals and then my D3 teams can recruit them without needing to scout. And even if you're not intending to cheat, what are you going to do, forget the information? Are we really expecting people not to look at Hong Kim from China and say "this guy is pretty damn good but not quite UNC material. But wow he'd be great for my Palm Beach Atlantic team".
11/28/2016 8:09 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 11/28/2016 2:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 11/28/2016 12:54:00 AM (view original):

No offense to kc or mets whatsoever, but this is a much bigger problem than diamonds in the roughs because now they are basically scratch-off lottery tickets.
No offense taken. I oversimplified the issue, you guys are doing a better job of explaining it.
11/28/2016 8:17 AM
Posted by metsmax on 11/27/2016 10:59:00 PM (view original):

Totally agree ... except that even in 2.0 it benefited no one but cheaters. It is time for WIS to clean up the game, now that 3.0 is up and running.
11/28/2016 11:59 AM
If they change the rule, they're going to need to police it. If they only rely on the honest people who are upfront and public with multiple accounts removing themselves from a world, 0% of actual cheating will be affected.
11/28/2016 12:44 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 11/28/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
If they change the rule, they're going to need to police it. If they only rely on the honest people who are upfront and public with multiple accounts removing themselves from a world, 0% of actual cheating will be affected.
The impossibility of policing this might have been a reason there was never a "discovery" model before.

And yes, since friends and family members share computers (rendering IP checks and other account comparisons useless), I have no idea what WIS can do to address this... except nuke the discovery model, which obviously ain't happening.
11/28/2016 1:05 PM
I don't know how common this type of "cheating" was in 2.0. There were a couple times where I noticed a D3 team that was recruiting nationally and consistently getting guys with high-highs in the right places, where it looked awfully suspicious. But for the most part, I didn't worry about it too much. I don't worry about it now, in fact. As far as I can tell, it will take a little more work to "cheat" the discovery process in 3.0, and it's actually not a big payoff. A guy worth getting is probably going to be spotted by others, and recruiting at distance in D2/3 is still pretty tough in 3.0. Even if the guy wants to play far away, a local team can go all in, the distance team can't, and will likely get beaten. I suspect most coaches who try to game it like this will find it's too much fuss to be enjoyable, and will burn out.

And as ever, I'm sure we will have citizen police raising red flags when they become apparent.
11/28/2016 1:24 PM
123 Next ▸
chosing a 2nd team in 1 world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.