Recruiting an Ineligible Player Topic

I'm a n00b playing D3 (East Texas Baptist in Allen). One player I'm considering recruiting is ineligible. A couple of questions:

1. How likely is this player to be eligible in his Freshman year for my team, considering there are different rules of eligibility for D1, D2, and D3. His player card says he as a 2.0 high school GPA.
2. If he's ineligible, will he improve while he is out.
3. If he's ineligible, would he be able to play 3 years for my team, or would I get him for 4 years.
4. Who has recruited ineligible players before and what has been you experience?

Thanks in advance.
12/5/2016 3:57 PM
been too long since i was D3, but I think anyone is eligible for you

you may want to spend more than typical study hall on a guy with a 2.0 HS gpa,

but he should be fine for you

D3 folks - correct me if I err please
12/5/2016 4:22 PM
ineligibles can play right away in D3.
they only sit out a season in D1 & D2
12/5/2016 4:22 PM
give at least 20 minutes study hall time to keep him eligible.
12/5/2016 4:30 PM
That's to much brian. I would start with 7 and then adjust at mid terms if needed.
12/5/2016 4:37 PM
After an ineligible sits out his first year, is he considered a Freshman or Sophmore in his second season? Curious from a recruiting class size.
12/5/2016 11:31 PM
Sophomore for the second season, so unlike a redshirted player, with 4 years of eligibility available. At d2 they always get the fifth year I believe. At d1 they have to have I think a 2.7 gpa to be granted the fifth year.
12/6/2016 4:09 AM
I feel they run to JUCO more often at D1 and D2 now. I personally have not figured out a Dollar or AP benchmark to keep that from happening. Every single one I have recruited has gone JUCO (six of them across the Worlds). Could be bad luck, but there has to be a key to keep them coming to your campus.
12/6/2016 5:48 AM
Recruiting an Ineligible Player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.