Critical News Update Topic

1. Only if it's worth arguing about. Bailed on a CBA in HBD discussion this AM as it wasn't worth my time. Bailing on a HOF discussion in MLB for the same reason. That's two in one day.
2. "Prides" is a bit strong. I don't mind being one and, if called one, won't deny it.
3. Own a business, sit in front of a computer about 13 hours a day so I have time and no one looking over my shoulder to see if I'm working.
4. Yeah but HD has been a nice diversion.

I'd welcome normal discussion but, once I said "This forum is full of whiners", I sort of knew where it would go. I'm pretty proud that I waited almost 3 weeks to say it. Showed a lot of self-control. The whining is ridiculous in here. Fortunately, I've figured out the worst of the bunch and don't bother when they start a thread or are last poster. Sadly, some of the non-whiners will chime in, I'll open said thread and BAM!!!! there the whiners are. Just whining away. It's annoying.
12/15/2016 3:18 PM
And Benis is a hypocrite. That's why I opened this thread. I made a statement about poaching prospects, sort of bluntly, and his response was "Thems the breaks." Which is fine. Not necessarily what I'd tell newer users but whatever. Then another poster said the same damn thing, much nicer, and he's all sympathetic. Now I don't know if his response to me was because it hadn't happened to me and I was just saying it shouldn't happen to anyone or if it did happen to said other poster and he felt bad for him but, either way, don't be a hypocrite. If the answer is "Thems the breaks" run with it.
12/15/2016 3:22 PM
It's impressive that Mike can post this often and still maintain having no life
12/15/2016 3:50 PM
anyone good a favorite barbecue place in Nashville?
12/15/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/15/2016 3:18:00 PM (view original):
1. Only if it's worth arguing about. Bailed on a CBA in HBD discussion this AM as it wasn't worth my time. Bailing on a HOF discussion in MLB for the same reason. That's two in one day.
2. "Prides" is a bit strong. I don't mind being one and, if called one, won't deny it.
3. Own a business, sit in front of a computer about 13 hours a day so I have time and no one looking over my shoulder to see if I'm working.

I'd welcome normal discussion but, once I said "This forum is full of whiners", I sort of knew where it would go. I'm pretty proud that I waited almost 3 weeks to say it. Showed a lot of self-control. The whining is ridiculous in here. Fortunately, I've figured out the worst of the bunch and don't bother when they start a thread or are last poster. Sadly, some of the non-whiners will chime in, I'll open said thread and BAM!!!! there the whiners are. Just whining away. It's annoying.
You seem friendly.
12/15/2016 4:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/15/2016 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 12/15/2016 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/15/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Nah, you don't bother me. That's why I don't follow you around and make a point about your constant whining.

But I will ask something. Do you not think following someone around and calling them a troll is not trolling? Seems to me it is.
You have about 100 posts this month...even more than your alias Spudtard. I have commented on two of them (2%).
To say that I am "following you around" is laughable. More like... we can't help but run into you since you troll every other thread.
I'll put it another way. I've addressed you first in the last 6-7 weeks(when I started reading these forums) exactly ZERO times. I came here to pick up a few pointers as I'd been away from HD for 10 years. I didn't bother addressing you simply because all your posts were whinefests. There was nothing for me to get from that.

So what's the point in coming to me? Trolling?
Mike, he used to be nothing but a hater, so you have elevated him to the level of nothing but a whiner. Not sure if that's progress, but it is different. Like you, I have addressed him first ZERO times, and for a long time he trolled me just like he trolls you. Ignore him and he becomes nothing more than part of the background noise. Eventually he'll find someone else to troll. Good luck.
12/15/2016 5:09 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 12/15/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/15/2016 3:18:00 PM (view original):

You seem friendly.
That wasn't my intention. My bad.
12/15/2016 5:33 PM
Hating Spudturd doesn't make you a hater, it makes you the majority. I'll take Mike over Spudturd any day of the week. He at least has a sense of humor. A lot of people had a problem with Hitler too. Guess they were haters.

Crawl back to your basement now Spudhole and don't come back till 2018.
12/15/2016 5:44 PM
CoachSpud and Mike. You two calling Benis the unreasonable one is about as accurate as Lloyd Christmas playeng words withe freinds.
12/15/2016 5:44 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/15/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Hating Spudturd doesn't make you a hater, it makes you the majority. I'll take Mike over Spudturd any day of the week. He at least has a sense of humor. A lot of people had a problem with Hitler too. Guess they were haters.

Crawl back to your basement now Spudhole and don't come back till 2018.
Comparing an argumentative guy discussing variables in a SIM game to Hitler? I love the internet.
12/15/2016 5:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by texrangers19 on 12/15/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
CoachSpud and Mike. You two calling Benis the unreasonable one is about as accurate as Lloyd Christmas playeng words withe freinds.
Keep up. I didn't call him "unreasonable". I called him a hypocrite. And I explained why. What part didn't you understand? I'm here to help.
12/15/2016 6:05 PM
Posted by metsmax on 12/15/2016 4:00:00 PM (view original):
anyone good a favorite barbecue place in Nashville?
Jim n' Nicks is a Birmingham place with a location in Nashville. Get the greens.
12/15/2016 6:10 PM
thanks koop! now and then one can break up volleys of personal animosity in a thread with totally off the wall stuff like barbecue or pizza chat.....will look for Jim n Nicks in Nashville. I was in Birmingham a few years ago and friends may have brought in jim n nicks - sounds familiar.....
12/15/2016 7:38 PM
None of this is personal. At least not on my end. It's the internet.

Jim n Nicks is a chain. Had some last weekend. It's good but I bet there's some local, hole-in-the-wall dump selling the best BBQ in Nashville. Ask a local in a flannel shirt. With any luck, he'll send you to a good BBQ joint and not some underpass where he and his buddies decide to make you "squeal like a pig" Ned Beatty-style.
12/15/2016 8:17 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Critical News Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.