Please Give New Coaches SOME Power! Topic

Three-plus of my job changes have been in 3.0 ... none were difficult ... at various levels ... at none of them was there a problem with the roster. Sorry, rednu, but you aren't getting any traction there. It simply is NOT as difficult as the whiners make it out to be, no matter the continued whining. You make your choice, then man up and live with it. Or whine, I guess.
12/29/2016 5:54 PM (edited)
Can someone give me a cheat sheet about whining? I'm really confused on what is and isn't okay to complain about.

Here's what I have so far-

"Early Entries need to be fixed" = whining
"We can't sign D1 players at D3 until the last 24 hours" = NOT whining
"A D2 team just beat out a B6 D1 team" = whining
"A low mid major can't beat a B6 team" = NOT whining
"We can't cut sim signed players from 1st period after changing jobs" = whining
"The game is catered to D1 coaches" = NOT whining

What else have I missed?
12/29/2016 6:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/29/2016 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Can someone give me a cheat sheet about whining? I'm really confused on what is and isn't okay to complain about.

What else have I missed?
If you're actually just talking about ideas to fix the game instead of saying oh poor me.

I have had issues with switching teams, it kills a season and there are factors that make job changing not fun. Those are things that should be looked at.

Fun > Realistic.
12/29/2016 6:25 PM
Posted by zhawks on 12/29/2016 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/29/2016 6:02:00 PM (view original):

What else have I missed?
If you're actually just talking about ideas to fix the game instead of saying oh poor me.

I have had issues with switching teams, it kills a season and there are factors that make job changing not fun. Those are things that should be looked at.

Fun > Realistic.
Yeah man, I agree with you on all the points you've made. You're not whining in my opinion, at all.

I wouldn't say anyone is whining about anything really. Even the Red Light thing. You have a right to not like it. But some folks on these forums will whine up and down the street about the Red Light and then turn around and call others whiners for not liking how EEs work.
12/29/2016 6:34 PM
Personally I don't have a problem at all with the challenges we have when changing jobs in 3.0, it makes it interesting and adds an element to the game to show your skills. Frankly people just need to adjust, and eventually people will. Going from HD 1.0 to 2.0 had a lot of hate too. I just did my first job change in 3.0 and I didnt expect to steal any 5 star recruits considering others. It's important to be realistic but just because you are coming in late doesnt mean you can't get quality players. I signed 3 transfers, 2 of which have really really good potential and will be solid players.

I think the counter to the challenges of changing jobs and in agreeance (sp?) with everyone, is that the job process needs to be adjusted it doesn't take 3-4 seasons of 2,3, 4 win seasons of sim ran down teams for someone to get the job. I wish someone would've taken over my Colorado State team because the returning team was definitely with a human making it to the NT.
12/29/2016 9:46 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 12/29/2016 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Personally I don't have a problem at all with the challenges we have when changing jobs in 3.0, it makes it interesting and adds an element to the game to show your skills. Frankly people just need to adjust, and eventually people will. Going from HD 1.0 to 2.0 had a lot of hate too. I just did my first job change in 3.0 and I didnt expect to steal any 5 star recruits considering others. It's important to be realistic but just because you are coming in late doesnt mean you can't get quality players. I signed 3 transfers, 2 of which have really really good potential and will be solid players.

I think the counter to the challenges of changing jobs and in agreeance (sp?) with everyone, is that the job process needs to be adjusted it doesn't take 3-4 seasons of 2,3, 4 win seasons of sim ran down teams for someone to get the job. I wish someone would've taken over my Colorado State team because the returning team was definitely with a human making it to the NT.
Whoa a rare appearance man!
12/29/2016 10:14 PM
Posted by rednu on 12/29/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/29/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Not being an *** but isn't the situations he stepped into the exact same as the ones being discussed?

I know it's "cool" to dismiss spud but a job change is a job change, right?
Only if you think a job change under 2.0 = a job change under 3.0.
We're not playing 2.0.

12/30/2016 7:22 AM
I cant believe you guys are arguing with the great Spudhole. He clearly has mastered the art of dominating SIMs all the way to DI without ever winning a post season game. If there is a way to game the season, this coach would know it.
12/30/2016 10:40 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/30/2016 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Not being an *** but isn't the situations he stepped into the exact same as the ones being discussed?

We're not playing 2.0.

I think that was his point, Spud hasn't changed a job under 3.0 so it's tough to really understand it completely until you have.

iRock has, even though I disagree with him at least he's done it once (granted situations are so different... maybe I should discount his thought process too! )
12/30/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 12/29/2016 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 12/29/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 12/29/2016 12:37:00 PM (view original):
They don't want a coaching carousel on steroids, for obvious reasons.

So far I have managed to change jobs just fine. I don't believe it is as difficult as the whiners make it out to be.
Of course you've managed to change jobs just fine, Spud. You only have nine seasons in the game! Your "job changes" history is progressing from D3 to D2, which is an automatic hire, and then from D2 to a low-tier D1 job at Jackson State, which is also pretty much an auto-hire if the baseline number of D2 seasons is hit, which you did. You have zero experience with the "job change" issues that people on the forum talk about.
1. Title of the thread: Please Give New Coaches SOME Power! Not "top-of-D1-coaches." Even though top-of-D1 is where most of the whining comes from.

2. I wasn't clear on this, sorry. Much of the whining is about the roster the coach assumes. Hey, you make your choice and live with it. You can see who was already recruited. I have never had a problem with the roster I inherited, nor have I had a problem with recruiting just in recruiting period 2 at a new team. If you don't like the choice you make, don't blame the game.

I simply don't believe it is remotely as difficult as the whiners make it seem.
Spud, one correction. Like my Topic said "New Coach". Existing Coaches can see WHO is recruited and all of their ratings. I do not disagree with your premiss to take what you see and be happy.

ALL NEW COACHES can see a player name, where he is from and if ranked his rank at position and overall. HOWEVER, a new coach cannot see any ratings or potential of the players showing as already recruited. It is take the team, and you are stuck with who Sim recruited. I may sound like a whiner on this, but I took the team and accept that....Suggestion to WIS to allow for cuts of Sim recruits down the road.
12/30/2016 2:19 PM
Posted by zhawks on 12/30/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/30/2016 7:22:00 AM (view original):

We're not playing 2.0.

I think that was his point, Spud hasn't changed a job under 3.0 so it's tough to really understand it completely until you have.

iRock has, even though I disagree with him at least he's done it once (granted situations are so different... maybe I should discount his thought process too! )
Read the thread again. See what info you missed about my job changes.
12/30/2016 2:38 PM
◂ Prev 123
Please Give New Coaches SOME Power! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.