Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Posted by bathtubhippo on 1/9/2017 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Surely you don't think that D2 always wins those situations, right?
not at all. but D2 wins all the battles in which a D1 (after a coaching change or surprise EE) couldn't open any recruiting actions, because they signed in the first cycle of session 2.
So, IMO, shouldn't a D1 user know to avoid "Early/End of 1st period" players in RS2?
1/10/2017 7:30 AM
Mike, it is Late signing preference guys who are signing the first cycle of session 2 before effort can be applied by D1 schools with EE.
1/10/2017 7:54 AM
I'll be honest, I have not heard that before. Why would "Late" sign early in RS2? That makes no sense.
1/10/2017 8:01 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 8:01:00 AM (view original):
I'll be honest, I have not heard that before. Why would "Late" sign early in RS2? That makes no sense.
Yes, it can happen. Late just means sometime in the 2nd session.

Is this the first thing that you've heard about in HD that doesn't make sense?
1/10/2017 8:58 AM
Of course not. But every post I've read, admittedly I stopped reading many of them, was that the "early/1st period" recruits were signing before D1 could get them unlocked. And, additionally, there were several calls for more "late" signing recruits. If the "late" are signing a couple of cycles into RS2, that doesn't really solve the problem.
1/10/2017 9:01 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Of course not. But every post I've read, admittedly I stopped reading many of them, was that the "early/1st period" recruits were signing before D1 could get them unlocked. And, additionally, there were several calls for more "late" signing recruits. If the "late" are signing a couple of cycles into RS2, that doesn't really solve the problem.
Agreed! It's better but doesn't fully solve the problem.

But a lot of changes that could potentially solve the problem are being criticized and mocked by some posters on here so this is a compromise. Hence the frustration i.e whining, that you see.
1/10/2017 8:10 PM (edited)
The whining when I signed up was "They have to do something!!!"
The whining now is "They said they'd do something and they haven't!!!!"

It's unrealistic. We're about a week removed from a month long period where virtually every American does nothing. WifS doesn't move all that fast anyway unless there's a glitch. There is no glitch, it's working as intended. So now they're deciding how bad the intention was and what would be the best way to remedy it without having to make another change. For all we know, they are actually working on it. Realistic would be mid-Feb(6 weeks) or early March(9 weeks).
1/10/2017 9:33 AM
I think Mike is right on likely timing

I also think it would be useful if folks ping customer support to ask status - squeaky wheels....
1/10/2017 10:33 AM
That does not hurt but, oftentimes, it leads to "I asked about....and got this canned response. CS is the worst" threads.
1/10/2017 10:36 AM
"But a lot of changes that could potentially solve the solution are being criticized"

And rightly so. The other side of that coin is that a lot of the suggestions are worse than the current status. Impatience to fix a so-called "problem" that will likely work itself out in a couple of seasons is just ... impatience.
1/10/2017 1:17 PM
Posted by kobo on 1/7/2017 6:43:00 PM (view original):
My question is simple. It is now Jan. 7. The admin. promised changes. Have they delivered yet?
No. It's why I ended up taking a break until they fix it after 9 years of playing HD.

Hopefully they fix it soon.
1/10/2017 7:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/10/2017 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 1/10/2017 10:33:00 AM (view original):

I also think it would be useful if folks ping customer support to ask status - squeaky wheels....
And at the same time let CS know that we trust them not to act precipitously just because of a lot of whining. Give it a few seasons to work itself out and it will be obvious that the "problem" never was really a problem at all, it was just in some people's heads.
I hope we can trust CS to do what they say they are doing, despite oversimplified analyses that assume what they seek to prove
1/11/2017 12:00 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/10/2017 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 1/10/2017 10:33:00 AM (view original):

And at the same time let CS know that we trust them not to act precipitously just because of a lot of whining. Give it a few seasons to work itself out and it will be obvious that the "problem" never was really a problem at all, it was just in some people's heads.
Its already been a few seasons.
1/11/2017 12:13 AM
HD 3.0, poncho ... HD 3.0. It hasn't been "a few seasons" of 3.0 in any world yet.
1/11/2017 1:02 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.