Scholarship Availability Topic

As it currently stands in my first season, I have 5 scholarships for this season to recruit. I have one player who is Ineligible that i recruited last season. I have as well a garbage player who was recruited by Sim AI and i like to rescind his scholarship. If I do so, will I have a limitation on my recruit because I could have as much as 7 freshmen (5 scholarships + 1 Ine. + 1 SimAI rescind). Even if there is a limitation, can I get AP/recruit budget credit in this scenario for rescinding the garbage Sim AI recruited player?
1/14/2017 3:58 PM
You will get nothing for the player you recruited as far as cash to scout and recruit with nor AP. You will get the the scouting and recruiting cash for the Sim recruit, as well as 20 AP. So you will have a total of 140 AP to start. However with seven openings, you will lose 20 AP with each player you sign, plus 1/6 of the additional 20 AP (approx 23 AP). Not really fair, but they giveth and take away AP for teams recruiting more then six. Form the AP standpoint, if the guy you recruited is not a total waste, keep him and drive him to leave (Starve him for minutes) and make him leave after the season. You will get the 20 AP and cash if he leaves on his own.
1/14/2017 4:16 PM
I think you didn't understand what I meant. I don't have intentions of letting go my current ineligible player whatsoever, he is here to stay, just that when next season starts he will be a freshman (I think after Ineligibility it's freshman and not sophmore), so if I use my current 5 scholarship available to recruit freshmen, that would be 6 freshmen total. Now if I decide to rescind the player recruited by Sim AI, then I can have as much as 7 freshmen, i'm just trying to understand what will happen if in this scenario, if I am going to be limited to not be able to recruit another freshman or it's ok if one of them was ineligible the prior season. But I think I understand the part that if I do rescind the scholarship by Sim AI recruit then I will get the additional 20 AP.
1/14/2017 4:44 PM
Six is still the maximum per class.
1/14/2017 5:08 PM
Right .. you can only recruit 6 in a given class (including players on your team). You can recruit JUCO or transfer players for all spots greater than 6.
1/14/2017 5:48 PM
But if the ineligible is currently in your roster, which is what i think you are saying, then he will be a sophomore next season and you can bring in 6 freshmen unless you redshirted a current freshman. Then you could only bring in 5 freshmen.
1/14/2017 8:36 PM
To be more specific, you could cut lockett and recruit a freshman in his place and be okay.
1/14/2017 8:40 PM
Excellent yes that's exactly what I wanted to know, if I cut Lockett then would i be able to recruit another player. The ineligible (Thomas Friedman) will not count as a freshmen in this class and would be sophomore instead is the answer i needed to know. thanks piman314.
1/15/2017 4:34 AM
Scholarship Availability Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.