Prestige Question Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
I believe he was referring to the VH-H and various combo results benis has posted. VH-H seems to hover around 30%.
Not all "highs" are equal, as I discovered in college. You can be a high very close to the effort credit leader, and your signing odds might be 40% in a two way race. You can be a high very close to being booted from consideration - which is the situation most teams 2 full letter grades down find themselves in, if their opponent matches their effort and promises, and your odds are much lower. The average is something around 30-35%, but individual battle odds can be much worse.
1/17/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm more with the skins opinion that everyone shouldn't get a participation trophy (even in 3.0). You shouldn't be able to win a recruit 2+ letter grades lower then another school.
"A" schools should be battle other "A and B" schools.
"C" schools should be battling "B/C/D" schools.

Otherwise, like skins said, if everyone can get everyone, why the fck do we even have prestige?
With regards to your last comment. That's the participation trophy mentality. Brown (at C) should have 0% at signing a top recruit. What Brown should be doing is working to get to "B" prestige so that they CAN eventually get a top recruit. But Seble and his participation trophy mentality wants everyone to feel like a winner.
I agree with you guys.
1/17/2017 3:02 PM
Posted by jpmills3 on 1/17/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm more with the skins opinion that everyone shouldn't get a participation trophy (even in 3.0). You shouldn't be able to win a recruit 2+ letter grades lower then another school.
"A" schools should be battle other "A and B" schools.
"C" schools should be battling "B/C/D" schools.

Otherwise, like skins said, if everyone can get everyone, why the fck do we even have prestige?
With regards to your last comment. That's the participation trophy mentality. Brown (at C) should have 0% at signing a top recruit. What Brown should be doing is working to get to "B" prestige so that they CAN eventually get a top recruit. But Seble and his participation trophy mentality wants everyone to feel like a winner.
I agree with you guys.
As do I.
1/17/2017 3:28 PM
I'm not even gonna look but I bet snafu, skinz, mully and mills all have A+ schools.

Not that it would influence their opinions in any way, I'm sure.
1/17/2017 3:32 PM
Im not even gonna look but I bet we all had to work up to those jobs over many many seasons, over a couple years...and it was in old HD where it was much much more difficult to compete with the big dogs.

But yeah most people around these boards thinks that us coaches were just handed the good jobs ;)

fyi I have an A+, A, and A- school although the A at NC State is recent due to making the Final 4 last season

If I was at a C or lower school in DI like I have been before I wouldn't want to be spoon-fed top recruits. You got to work on landing solid, not spectacular classes to improve your prestige over a few seasons. Then if you move up prestige to a B at 1 of those schools you can start to compete with the big schools. In the past it didn't really improve your situation much to get to a B and you then basically had to take a job at a BIG 6 school to continue working your way up the ladder.
1/17/2017 3:47 PM (edited)
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Im not even gonna look but I bet we all had to work up to those jobs over many many seasons, over a couple years...and it was in old HD where it was much much more difficult to compete with the big dogs.

But yeah most people around these boards thinks that us coaches were just handed the good jobs ;)

fyi I have an A+, A, and A- school although the A at NC State is recent due to making the Final 4 last season

If I was at a C or lower school in DI like I have been before I wouldn't want to be spoon feed recruits. You got to work on landing solid, not spectacular classes to improve your prestige. Now if you move up prestige to a B at 1 of those schools you can start to compete with the big schools. In the past it didn't really improve your situation much and you then basically had to take a job at a BIG 6 school to continue working your way up the ladder.
This. I got a player drafted from UNH. I took over Nova at a C+ and fought for many seasons against some of the best coaches in the history of WIS HD to get Nova to where it is now. I was turned down for the job my first go around and stuck it out and tried again. A+ is earned, not given. But MikeT quit his first go around because it was too hard so he wouldn't know.
1/17/2017 3:46 PM
I just can't stand when people use the logic "I bet they all have A schools"...you do realize that in order to get to those A schools we all had to travel the same path that people are traveling now. We have the perspective of having to play at those schools. Hell I was just at Clemson grinding for 20 seasons in a real tough ACC, made 3 Final Fours and a championship game appearance during that time, and now that allowed me to land a nice job at UCLA.
1/17/2017 3:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 3:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm not even gonna look but I bet snafu, skinz, mully and mills all have A+ schools.

Not that it would influence their opinions in any way, I'm sure.
Yep - and I started DI at Eastern Illinois.

I also took a Texas Tech job at "C" and got them to "A". So what's your point?
1/17/2017 5:15 PM (edited)
Forget it Mike. I actually don't care what your point is. I had you blocked for a reason and have no desire to see yet another thread derailed because you can't stay on topic.
1/17/2017 5:24 PM
Pretty sure we know my point. I don't really care how long it took or how hard it was. It's just funny that those +1ing and agreeing all benefit from what they +1 and agree upon.

Which makes it really hard to take you serious if you contend "it's good for the game".

As for what happened 10 years ago, I quit for 2 reasons: 1. HBD was invented. I'm a baseball guy. 2. VaTech lost EVERY recruit to Duke/UNC/Kentucky. Sure, I could have ground it out. But, again, I'm a baseball guy. As I said, I don't want a participation trophy. But, if/when I get to Duke, I don't think I'm entitled to all the best players either. I play video games on the hardest level. Those who think the A+ teams should have all the advantages probably take the Patriots, set it on Rookie and try to score 100 every game.

1/17/2017 5:26 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Forget it Mike. I actually don't care what your point is. I had you blocked for a reason and have no desire to see yet another thread derailed because you can't stay on topic.
Go back to trolling spud. You're better at that than rational discussion.
1/17/2017 5:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure we know my point. I don't really care how long it took or how hard it was. It's just funny that those +1ing and agreeing all benefit from what they +1 and agree upon.

Which makes it really hard to take you serious if you contend "it's good for the game".

As for what happened 10 years ago, I quit for 2 reasons: 1. HBD was invented. I'm a baseball guy. 2. VaTech lost EVERY recruit to Duke/UNC/Kentucky. Sure, I could have ground it out. But, again, I'm a baseball guy. As I said, I don't want a participation trophy. But, if/when I get to Duke, I don't think I'm entitled to all the best players either. I play video games on the hardest level. Those who think the A+ teams should have all the advantages probably take the Patriots, set it on Rookie and try to score 100 every game.

TL:DR - Mike couldn't figure out how to compete with the big boys so he switched to HBD. Now that he is back he still can't so he favors a redistribution of wealth that diminishes the effects of prestige. Mike still plays Madden. Who the F still plays Madden?

FWIW, for somebody who like to be challenged there is only one sports game ever made to test your merit. NHL '94. Everything else is just HD 3.0.
1/17/2017 5:32 PM
Whatever spud/mike. There is a huge gap between "C schools shouldn't be able to compete with A+ schools given equal effort" and "I'm entitled to all the best players".

But that's why you can't have a constructive conversation in here with anyone because you try to twist what was originally said into your own moronic bullshit that leads to pages and pages of other moronic bullshit.
1/17/2017 5:42 PM
Well, if a baseball guy switching to a baseball is because he couldn't compete in a basketball sim with the big, swinging dick basketball guys, I guess you're right. And, if you know I still can't after one and a half seasons, I guess you're Madam Snafu reading cards. I already said A+ should win 100% time against C with all things being equal. You guys just don't want "all things being equal." You want to drop a schollie offer and have them sign immediately regardless of what else has occurred But keep to your narrative.

And, for the record, I play NCAA '14(last one made) among other games. But the college football was always my go-to sports game.
1/17/2017 5:44 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Whatever spud/mike. There is a huge gap between "C schools shouldn't be able to compete with A+ schools given equal effort" and "I'm entitled to all the best players".

But that's why you can't have a constructive conversation in here with anyone because you try to twist what was originally said into your own moronic bullshit that leads to pages and pages of other moronic bullshit.
Block me, troll spud. You're better at that than rational discussion.
1/17/2017 5:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Prestige Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.