Thinking about recruiting a JUCO with a work ethic of 1. Never recruited a 1WE guy before. Has pretty good skills already and he'll just be a bench piece. My question 2 parts:

will the guy improve at all during the season or do they basically not see any improvement?

does the guys skills go down significantly in the offseason?

thanks
1/18/2017 9:19 PM
I only have 1 frame of reference here -- but I can tell you that I recruited a 4-star who ended his tenure as a 3-star, despite starting 3 years.

And the IQ growth is painfully slow.

So could it be worth it -- yes, but don't expect any growth, with regression in certain categories.

1/18/2017 9:23 PM
Someone (I don't remember who) once said, "Whatever the player gains during the season will be lost during the offseason."
1/18/2017 9:24 PM
That's mostly true at 1 we. I charted a players growth in one thread, search low we test and you'll find it.
1/18/2017 9:54 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/18/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):
That's mostly true at 1 we. I charted a players growth in one thread, search low we test and you'll find it.
thanks trenton...looking at that he didn't lose much over the offseason (I just looked at his FR year since I'd only have this guy for 1 offseason anyway). Mainly just in stamina, which if I took him I wouldn't care much about since he would play a minimal role. He already plays my D so that should help with IQ (unfortunately doesn't play my O).
1/18/2017 10:05 PM
A 1 WE guy will never get better and will get a little worse in ratings and a little better in terms of IQ. So could be ok if he looks great now. I've taken them at high D1 and regretted it, taken them at low D1 and got a solid rotation player.
1/18/2017 10:17 PM
Piggy backing a question on this -- are off-season losses similarly affected by the amount of potential left in a category. For instance, I have a player in a world who has solid cores for the division I play at, all are red and yellow, indicating minimal growth...is it still possible to see that player lose significant points in the cores over a 4 year career, or is it like practice where once he reaches red the gains and losses are both equally painfully slow?

1/18/2017 10:59 PM
a 1 WE juco is a good idea only if you are happy with rxisting ratings AND if he knows at least your offense or defense well.

he will decline in ratings and he will learn scheme painfully slowly

I dont know how to predict offseason declines, except at 1 WE they will be more than trivial
1/18/2017 11:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.