Draft board logic? Topic

I haven't had a player draft in years (actual years, not HD years), and I'm struggling to see why this guy I have now isn't even on the 100 for the draft board

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3410260

He has a Conference POY award as well as a Defensive POY under his belt, and was honorable mention All-American. He also has 99 ATH. Meanwhile Gardner-Webb in my conference has a guy without any of those accolades who isn't even starting this year on the draft board. His program has been more successful, but I have been making the tournament consistently.

So any ideas why this guy isn't getting any love?
1/21/2017 12:39 PM
The draft board is mostly about player ratings and not accolades. While your C is very, very good, he's not 90+ in all of his cores (ath, reb, def, sb, lp).
1/21/2017 12:43 PM
I've never had a guy drafted (one guy I recruited is going to get drafted this season) but maybe it's because his SB is a little low and his overall is not overwhelmingly high.
1/21/2017 12:44 PM
That guy is not getting drafted, in part, due to his lower LP. His rebounding is ok enough to get drafted, but not so high as to cancel out the lower LP. Yes, he has fantastic ATH, but thats not the end all be all on draft status.
1/21/2017 10:06 PM
Draft board logic? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.