It is a sad day for HD when my D2 team can whoop North Carolina's ***...
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Grand Valley St. vs. North Carolina

That is just aweful, how can the game have fallen so much to the point where UNC sucks?
1/21/2017 2:11 PM
Wow. UNC is bad in Wooden too, but not this bad.
1/21/2017 2:17 PM
Well those boneheads wanted Hoops Parity and they got it.
1/21/2017 2:32 PM
More walk-ons (5) than human recruited players (3). The problem isn't "hoops parity", the problem is that the previous coach bolted after failing at recruiting, and this is what is left.
1/21/2017 2:43 PM
I saw that, but I thought that you could only have a max of 3 walk ons...
1/21/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/21/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Is it different for Simmy?
1/21/2017 3:13 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/21/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
not sure what the rule is but:

last year I had 4 openings and it gave me 3 walk-ons + 1 auto-recruited player

this year I had 5 openings and it gave me 4 walk-ons + 1 auto-recruited player

1/21/2017 3:54 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Grand Valley St. vs. North Carolina

That is just aweful, how can the game have fallen so much to the point where UNC sucks?
UNC has 5 walkons. It's the coach before's fault, not Seble's.
1/21/2017 3:59 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/21/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):

honestly you can't really blame it on the coach completely without knowing the story. In my past 3 seasons at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High". I lost both of my "on the fence" EE's this year which set me down to 3 returning players I recruited. 2nd session I had to scrap and claw just to get a few terrible players so I could actually field a lineup. I have 5 openings (4 walk-ons + 1 auto recruit). I only go after players that I have perfect or near-perfect preference matches with. Honestly I'm not sure how this can be described as my "fault". The UNC situation could be different, I don't know, but I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment.
1/21/2017 4:04 PM
Personally, I see this as more of a simmy problem compounded by human actions. UNC most likely doesn't exist in their current form in a human populated world. For the sake of HD realism, let me amend that statement by saying when I say human populated, I mean to say worlds with large human populations at the levels HD has previously enjoyed that are now a distant memory. Just my 2 cents.
1/21/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/21/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Well those boneheads wanted Hoops Parity and they got it.
Yup.
1/21/2017 9:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/21/2017 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/21/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):

honestly you can't really blame it on the coach completely without knowing the story. In my past 3 seasons at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High". I lost both of my "on the fence" EE's this year which set me down to 3 returning players I recruited. 2nd session I had to scrap and claw just to get a few terrible players so I could actually field a lineup. I have 5 openings (4 walk-ons + 1 auto recruit). I only go after players that I have perfect or near-perfect preference matches with. Honestly I'm not sure how this can be described as my "fault". The UNC situation could be different, I don't know, but I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment.
The secret is to go for complete garbage players that no one wants. Then you will win 100% of the battles!

You will also never win a NT game.. but no matter.
1/22/2017 3:06 AM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/22/2017 1:20:00 AM (view original):
"...at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High"..."

Wow, do you think you'll eventually decide to drive some of those teams down to Moderate? It can't be fun losing and not learning from the experience, can it?
Did you ever think that might not always be an option? Or are you just that much of a f******* moron not to understand this? Seriously.

I've had plenty of times where I couldn't put the opposing coach at moderate despite a start, significant PT and max out on HVs and the 1 CV. Is this still my fault?

Do you also understand that you have to spread out your resources over at least a few players, therefore you can't always give all your AP to one player?

Maybe someday you'll figure it out. Probably not anytime soon however.
1/22/2017 4:11 AM (edited)
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/22/2017 4:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/22/2017 1:20:00 AM (view original):
"...at Kentucky I have lost ALL 14-16 coin-flip battles I was involved in, including 8 this past season. 5-6 of those have been where I was listed as the "Very High" team v. a "High"..."

Wow, do you think you'll eventually decide to drive some of those teams down to Moderate? It can't be fun losing and not learning from the experience, can it?
Did you ever think that might not always be an option? Or are you just that much of a f******* moron not to understand this? Seriously.

I've had plenty of times where I couldn't put the opposing coach at moderate despite a start, significant PT and max out on HVs and the 1 CV. Is this still my fault?

Do you also understand that you have to spread out your resources over at least a few players, therefore you can't always give all your AP to one player?

Maybe someday you'll figure it out. Probably not anytime soon however.
He's just trolling everyone and seeking attention. Just let him do his thing. No one takes him seriously.
1/22/2017 4:33 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.