Most Important Ratings for Motion / M2M Topic

Fairly good advice across the board here... Defense needs to be solid to good but don't forget speed (even in your bigs, granted it needs to be much lower). I.E. A guard with 80 speed and 60 def is likely better than a guard with 60 speed and 80 def, all else being equal.

As others have said, worry more about "where the stat will end" than where it is now. Especially when you're re-building.

POTENTIAL INCREASES:
Green is High High (28+ Points)
Blue is High (20-27 Points)
Black is normal (8-19 points)
Yellow is High-Low (4-7 points)
Red is Low Low. (0-3 points)
1/23/2017 10:00 AM
Alright! Great stuff here guys, and thank you for all of your input. I will definitely put it to good use. Nice resume's from you guys as well. I hope to join your ranks someday. Thanks again!
1/23/2017 12:27 PM
" I.E. A guard with 80 speed and 60 def is likely better than a guard with 60 speed and 80 def, all else being equal. "

The higher speed guard will be better on offense, the 80 DEF guy will be better defensively.
1/23/2017 2:12 PM
Posted by killer_hogs on 1/22/2017 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Thanks guys...so as a follow up question, do I go with potential or current ratings? For example, let's say I have two guys playing PF. Assuming both players are even on WE but One is a 36 in ath and is red. The other is a 25 in ath, but is green and so on. This is D3, so my ratings on my recruits aren't too high to begin with, or at least for the guys that I've been scouting anyway. Also, do their current high school FG% and FT% mean anything in recruiting?
I lean towards potential. Green 25 means he'll top out at 50-70. Red 36 is 36-42. So I'd take the Green 25. If it was Green 15 vs. Red 40, I'd take the Red 40.

At D3, where no one goes pro, you probably want to lean even more towards potential than I do a D1. You can afford to redshirt guys and not play them 2 seasons until their 3rd (RS Soph) year, then you can really benefit from recruiting potential.
1/23/2017 2:24 PM
◂ Prev 12
Most Important Ratings for Motion / M2M Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.